User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #1
tbonestone OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
Got bored so I brought home a Zuma50

I was bored. So I brought home a 2004 Zuma50. It's a great machine. I'm having so much fun again. I'm looking online for a good set of Michelin Boppers. I live in the Chicago suburbs, and I don't know if you know about this area but start from zero-zero chicago and go 60mi in any direction and you are still in the chicago suburbs. This wont be too much of an adventure scoot but I am ok with that. Scoot on!
tbonestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:28 AM   #2
wannabe1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 546
Congrats, if the 4 strokes never came out I would probably have had a zuma 50, but by now it would have been a 70cc with a pipe . Do you have any plans to hop yours up? I have the zuma 125 and enjoy the heck out of it.
wannabe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #3
CaseyJones
Ridin' that train

Oddometer: 742
50cc in Chicago...yeah. That WOULD be an adventure!

Trying to outrun the playahs, the cops, the cars and the bike-thieves, all without getting hit, run-down, knocked over or mugged!

Do you win points for each successful run?
CaseyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #4
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,009
I bought a 2005 Zuma 50 new. I put about 2000 miles on it, decided it was to slow, and traded it for a Vino 125. The Zuma 50 is great for someone who likes to mod things (and has a LOT of money to do it) and I love the fact that it is a 2 stroke. I later bought a Genuine Stella 2 stroke.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:47 AM   #5
tbonestone OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
50cc in Chicago...yeah. That WOULD be an adventure!

Trying to outrun the playahs, the cops, the cars and the bike-thieves, all without getting hit, run-down, knocked over or mugged!

Do you win points for each successful run?
It's kind of like playing frogger in those regards! HAHA Actually it's not too terrible, I try to avoid the worst of the worst. When I have been through there I timed the lights so i never had to stop. A rolling target is harder to hit!

I don't think I will do much in the mod department. I am a fan of the Michelin Bopper tires so I'm ordering a set in a day or two. Then the Battle scooter store has a Daytona variator and rollers for about $88 plus shipping. I thought about that Leo Vince Stealth exhaust but I saw it has no indents for the center stand. I'm not going to run the full expansion chamber and big bore wheelie machine.

This is something just to cruise around. Go to the library and pick up my items on hold, hit Target for my retail needs. Oh and maybe the local beer garden on my day off for some day drinking....
Old 05-05-2013, 06:38 AM   #6
creighta
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
perfect bike for that area. you can run any errand you need on that one and keep up with legal speeds in the burbs.
creighta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #7
tbonestone OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by creighta View Post
perfect bike for that area. you can run any errand you need on that one and keep up with legal speeds in the burbs.
it is and it isn't. I need just a little more speed to feel totally comfortable. Nothing a variator, rollers, and a fresh belt can't fix.