Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #16
vasile
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by achile View Post
I was in Bucharest. Bill told me he was comming to Bucharest and asked for a hotel. I suggested the Ibis, close to the Marriot.
We had a cup of coffee in the morning and went our separate ways. Half a hour later: "Erm...Dragos, I'm in trouble!"
Called a friend with a van, gased it up and went after him...and the party started.
The two guys in the car were hustlers, trying to make some easy money. They wanted 1000 euros+insurance, saying they won't involve the police and Bill wouldn't lose his licence. I spoke to the cops....Bill paid a 80$ fine...and lost his licence for 90 days. I got it back a few days later.

So...after we finished with the cops and the hustlers, we needed to get the bike to a safe place...so I called my good friend Gabi, the owner of a repair shop. He came in on a saturday and started working.

I'll leave the rest of the story to Bill. (food, drinks, girls...etc)
Well done Dragos...
vasile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:07 AM   #17
achile
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasile View Post
Well done Dragos...

Vasile? :)) That's a very unusual name for an Irish man... Care esti, mah?

I only did what I felt like doing. I had some problems on the road, been in Shit's Creek...and it feels like Hell.
achile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:47 PM   #18
c-m
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 327
What is it with the Cops wanting your licence in Romania?

I lost mine there after overtaking a truck on a yellow line (road in construction).

They said I would get it back after paying the fine at some government building. That was in Sibiu, problem was I that I was on my to Brasov, Bucharest then Mamia.

In the end I just left the country without my license and order a new one when I got back to the UK.
c-m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:16 PM   #19
achile
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-m View Post
What is it with the Cops wanting your licence in Romania?

I lost mine there after overtaking a truck on a yellow line (road in construction).

They said I would get it back after paying the fine at some government building. That was in Sibiu, problem was I that I was on my to Brasov, Bucharest then Mamia.

In the end I just left the country without my license and order a new one when I got back to the UK.

If you cause an accident, you loose your right to drive in Romania for a minimum of 90 days. (more, if there are victims)
You can get it back one working day before you leave the country if you ask for it. Otherwise, they will send it to the embassy.
achile is offline   Reply With Quote