Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2013, 05:31 AM   #16
hexnut
just cruising

Oddometer: 1,371
Kymco has the best parts support and they are much cheaper than the Italian scooters.

hexnuts...a curse put on your balls by a mean gypsy
3/5 Cav, C Troop, BlackKnights, Vietnam 1969
hexnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #17
LarryRickenbacker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Gotcha

Kentuckid,

You can work on your bike yourself! I envy you, I truly envy you.
LarryRickenbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:21 AM   #18
kantuckid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,770
Lots of people do routine maintenance & a few operations beyond that by some. It's a matter of time, interest & some cases training or willingness to learn. I suspect most routine maintenance is covered these days on you tube. The fact remains that certain skills don't come from a video or web notes. For me , living in a rural area, it would be more trouble/expense to get free repairs(in some cases) a long ways off than do them myself.
I have recently read on a scooter mfg's website that owner repairs were discouraged but your right to perform them-or independent shop- in fact, is federally protected by law.
Jump in...
"If I had my life to live over,I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up.I'd be sillier than this trip, take fewer things seriously, I would take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges, at age 85
kantuckid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:10 AM   #19
hexnut
just cruising

Oddometer: 1,371
The Magnuson Moss Federal warranties act USA only

http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus01-businesspersons-guide-federal-warrant...

"Tie-In Sales" Provisions

Generally, tie-in sales provisions are not allowed. Such a provision would require a purchaser of the warranted product to buy an item or service from a particular company to use with the warranted product in order to be eligible to receive a remedy under the warranty. The following are examples of prohibited tie-in sales provisions.

In order to keep your new Plenum Brand Vacuum Cleaner warranty in effect, you must use genuine Plenum Brand Filter Bags. Failure to have scheduled maintenance performed, at your expense, by the Great American Maintenance Company, Inc., voids this warranty.

While you cannot use a tie-in sales provision, your warranty need not cover use of replacement parts, repairs, or maintenance that is inappropriate for your product. The following is an example of a permissible provision that excludes coverage of such things.

While necessary maintenance or repairs on your AudioMundo Stereo System can be performed by any company, we recommend that you use only authorized AudioMundo dealers. Improper or incorrectly performed maintenance or repair voids this warranty.

Although tie-in sales provisions generally are not allowed, you can include such a provision in your warranty if you can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the FTC that your product will not work properly without a specified item or service. If you believe that this is the case, you should contact the warranty staff of the FTC's Bureau of Consumer Protection for information on how to apply for a waiver of the tie-in sales prohibition.

hexnuts...a curse put on your balls by a mean gypsy
3/5 Cav, C Troop, BlackKnights, Vietnam 1969
hexnut is offline   Reply With Quote