User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
spraypilot OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Harley Street Glide

I sold my '07 Harley Road Glide a few months ago and was going to replace it with something different for a while. I looked at everything under the sun, BMW, Triumph, Honda etc...etc... In the end I bought a 2013 Street Glide. I just can't help it I Love my Harleys!! I love the soothing thumpity-thump of the 103 V-TWIN. It just works for me from running to the post office and on long trips. I like the hard lockable bags, stereo, and comfortable riding position. My little Honda CRF 230 is gonna get a break from running errands for a while.
spraypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:43 PM   #2
GoonerYoda
Hot Dickens Cider

Oddometer: 685
yeah, that's WAY different than your previous ride.
GoonerYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #3
spraypilot OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoonerYoda View Post
yeah, that's WAY different than your previous ride.
I know! Right?
Old 05-13-2013, 06:29 PM   #4
2upntn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
We purchased a 2012 last March. We have put almost 12,000 miles on it and have loved every mile. It stays on the back roads of East TN, Virgunia, Kentucky, and North Carolina. It needed a lilltle help, but we could not be happier. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we have!
2upntn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #5
blk-betty
bam-a-lam

Oddometer: 2,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by spraypilot View Post
I sold my '07 Harley Road Glide a few months ago and was going to replace it with something different for a while. I looked at everything under the sun, BMW, Triumph, Honda etc...etc... In the end I bought a 2013 Street Glide. I just can't help it I Love my Harleys!! I love the soothing thumpity-thump of the 103 V-TWIN. It just works for me from running to the post office and on long trips. I like the hard lockable bags, stereo, and comfortable riding position. My little Honda CRF 230 is gonna get a break from running errands for a while.

Just curious, why the Street Glide after a Road Glide?

I traded my '06 Street Glide on a '12 Road Glide Custom and at only 5'7" I'm enjoying the extra space between me and the fairing.

Congrats on the new ride.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #6
spraypilot OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I ordered the king tour-pak with the quick detach and color match vented lowers so I will have comfort for the wife when out on the road.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #7
spraypilot OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk-betty View Post
Just curious, why the Street Glide after a Road Glide?

I traded my '06 Street Glide on a '12 Road Glide Custom and at only 5'7" I'm enjoying the extra space between me and the fairing.

Congrats on the new ride.
I put a bunch a miles on the road glide and really enjoyed it as it was a great handling road bike but I have owned a couple batwing E-Glides in the past and I just like them. I almost bought an Ultra Limited but I don't like the bag rails and all the bumper trim so I got the SG and added a king tour-pak and lowers. I am curious what the '15 Roadie will look like after the redesign and may be back on one if I like it. The RG custom is an awesome looking bike and it rides well also.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:55 PM   #8
Rabon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Quote:
I just moved from an 02 Ultra Classic to a 13 Ultra Limited, I am getting about 43 mpg running 2 up through the mountains and have mixed feelings as to whether I really like the newer frame better or not.
Rabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #9
GoonerYoda
Hot Dickens Cider

I thought the new FL's got rid of that mid-turn wobble?
Old 05-13-2013, 10:27 PM   #10
D.T.
One wheel wonder...

Oddometer: 10,039
Question

Pics or it didn't happen...
D.T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:41 AM   #11
spraypilot OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabon View Post
I just moved from an 02 Ultra Classic to a 13 Ultra Limited, I am getting about 43 mpg running 2 up through the mountains and have mixed feelings as to whether I really like the newer frame better or not.
I like the new frame a lot better. I did not get the ABS brakes the limited comes with. How do you like the ABS. I've been riding since the mid 70's without it.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:29 AM   #12
GoonerYoda
Hot Dickens Cider

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post
Pics or it didn't happen...

Quote:
Corner speeds that would have my 01 Glide doing the wobbly can be taken with ease on 09 touring chassis.
http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactur...iew-86766.html

He wasn't the only one to mention it.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #13
Rabon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Quote:
I like the new frame a lot better. I did not get the ABS brakes the limited comes with. How do you like the ABS. I've been riding since the mid 70's without it.
The brakes on this bike are excellent and have a good feel to them, but I really can't comment on the ABS as I haven't needed to get on them hard enough to activate the system. I will admit the newer framed bike is rock solid and very precise at higher speed but I didn't have any issues with my 02, I knew some folks had issue with head shake on the older frame and was a bit leary of it so I replaced the swing arm bushings every time I changed the rear tire and kept the steering head adjusted and in this area due to roads, weather, wildlife, etc, etc we probably don't ride as fast as people in other areas do. I'm sure I will warm up to this bike as I spend more time on it.
What kind of fuel mileage are you getting on yours?
Rabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #14
spraypilot OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabon View Post
The brakes on this bike are excellent and have a good feel to them, but I really can't comment on the ABS as I haven't needed to get on them hard enough to activate the system. I will admit the newer framed bike is rock solid and very precise at higher speed but I didn't have any issues with my 02, I knew some folks had issue with head shake on the older frame and was a bit leary of it so I replaced the swing arm bushings every time I changed the rear tire and kept the steering head adjusted and in this area due to roads, weather, wildlife, etc, etc we probably don't ride as fast as people in other areas do. I'm sure I will warm up to this bike as I spend more time on it.
What kind of fuel mileage are you getting on yours?
Around 38 so far but I only have about 700ish miles on it because I just got it last week. I have never had any head shake out of the E-Glides I have owned over the years. You might need the ABS at some point so you don't clobber a moose around a blind curve in Alaska! Ha! I want to make the ride up to AK one day what part of the state are you in?
Old 05-14-2013, 04:38 PM   #15
Bloodweiser
honestly

Oddometer: 2,582
seriously?

15 posts and no pictures?
Bloodweiser is offline   Reply With Quote