ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-23-2014, 03:16 PM   #1
Bluebone OP
straight to hell
 
Bluebone's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Haysville, KS
Oddometer: 2,333
Another racing series?

Has anyone noticed these?


i'm not sure if a threads already been started but flippin thru the channels i noticed a race on and found it kinda interesting. not sure how i feel about them but what the hell, racing's racing isnt it?

here's a link:

http://www.fiaformulae.com/en.aspx
__________________
Alcohol Cuz no great story ever started with a salad!!
Bluebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 11:54 AM   #2
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer
 
PeteN95's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Muk, WA
Oddometer: 2,615
Yes, pretty interesting and not bad racing. Prost's kid followed in his fathers footsteps in the first race.
__________________
"If you ain't slidin', you ain't ridin'"

SVN/XRR/XC-W
PeteN95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 12:39 PM   #3
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing
 
doyle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Off Piste
Oddometer: 23,004
It's where Formula One has beens and never were's go when they cannot retire. It's like a concert venue specifically for the Madonna's of the world.

__________________
RallyRaidReview - @RallyRaidReview
doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 12:54 PM   #4
Bluebone OP
straight to hell
 
Bluebone's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Haysville, KS
Oddometer: 2,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyle View Post
It's where Formula One has beens and never were's go when they cannot retire. It's like a concert venue specifically for the Madonna's of the world.

actually there's tons of different series out there for washouts and wannabes but that doesnt mean they arent enjoyable as long as Red Bull doesnt get involved and fake it all up. my only issue with this series is that the cars all from the same maker or seems that way anyhow. if teams cant build their own cars then where's the inovation going to come from?
__________________
Alcohol Cuz no great story ever started with a salad!!
Bluebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 12:58 PM   #5
garfey
Scruffy Adventurer
 
garfey's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Deep East Texas
Oddometer: 4,346
I watched a few minutes but couldn't work up any interest. Maybe if they'd been buzzing around in bugeye Sprites . . . . .
__________________
So many bikes, so little time (and money)
garfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 01:44 PM   #6
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing
 
doyle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Off Piste
Oddometer: 23,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebone View Post
actually there's tons of different series out there for washouts and wannabes but that doesnt mean they arent enjoyable as long as Red Bull doesnt get involved and fake it all up. my only issue with this series is that the cars all from the same maker or seems that way anyhow. if teams cant build their own cars then where's the inovation going to come from?
It's a manufactured series to make it seems like motor racing isn't a resource guzzling anti-eco friendly endeavor. Sort of picking up where the A1GP left off by failing to attract any real audience. It's a high profile novelty that will die a slow death as it wears off.

Single make series only prosper when they are direct feeders to some upper formulae like Formula Renault or what used to be F3 and F3000. When they are recognized as a rung on the ladder with a clear direction of progression, they can do well. As offshoots or alternatives, they rarely do. A1GP tried to be the World Cup Soccer of motorsports ignoring the fact that as much as people enjoy the cars, most of the fans follow the drivers, are fans of the drivers, and nationalize those same drivers. Making the driver anonymous like A1GP tried would never work as we may just as well watch nationally branded remote control cars out there.
__________________
RallyRaidReview - @RallyRaidReview
doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 12:49 PM   #7
Bluebone OP
straight to hell
 
Bluebone's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Haysville, KS
Oddometer: 2,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyle View Post
It's a manufactured series to make it seems like motor racing isn't a resource guzzling anti-eco friendly endeavor. Sort of picking up where the A1GP left off by failing to attract any real audience. It's a high profile novelty that will die a slow death as it wears off.

Single make series only prosper when they are direct feeders to some upper formulae like Formula Renault or what used to be F3 and F3000. When they are recognized as a rung on the ladder with a clear direction of progression, they can do well. As offshoots or alternatives, they rarely do. A1GP tried to be the World Cup Soccer of motorsports ignoring the fact that as much as people enjoy the cars, most of the fans follow the drivers, are fans of the drivers, and nationalize those same drivers. Making the driver anonymous like A1GP tried would never work as we may just as well watch nationally branded remote control cars out there.
ummm....you may be on to something there....
__________________
Alcohol Cuz no great story ever started with a salad!!
Bluebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 02:20 PM   #8
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer
 
PeteN95's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Muk, WA
Oddometer: 2,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyle View Post
Single make series only prosper when they are direct feeders to some upper formulae like Formula Renault or what used to be F3 and F3000.
It is my understanding that it will only be a "single make" series for the first year or so, then they will gradually allow teams to build their own cars and power trains. So much closer to F1 eventually, "E1" perhaps?!
__________________
"If you ain't slidin', you ain't ridin'"

SVN/XRR/XC-W
PeteN95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014