Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 11:02 AM   #16
EastSideSM
Isn't that dangerous?

Oddometer: 1,490
Definitely sounds like when my fuel pumps have quit. The points start to go and it gets worse and is intermittent until it finally gives up the ghost. Mine have lasted about 20,000 miles, I am on my third one right now. If I were to go on a trip I would keep a spare with me. Which reminds me I should order one soon to have on hand.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #17
4corners14 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 628
I think I'm back in business......

.....finally found the time to replace the filters. Thanks GEFR! Have another set of filters as spare to bring along and picked up a couple of GEFR's fuel pumps as well. Starting a 3700 mile loop from Seattle on the 30th, N to S on the UTBDR followed by a S to N on the COBDR with a couple of nights in Steamboat Springs at the KTM Rally. Hoping that the filters were the issue. I've been running it around the neighborhood with no problems. Sure wouldn't want to do that replacement out in the middle of the desert....my floor jacks to damn heavy to pack with me.

Thanks for the help guys!
4corners14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:03 PM   #18
shawty950
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
In the wilderness..

2 years ago I was on a 5000k round trip and got to the point where the bike would not do 100kph(56mph).
We ended up camping for the night on the side of the road on a cattle property...pulled the left tank off and pulled the pump...the pre-filter was blocked....cut the filter media off and fashioned a new pre-filter from an air filter skin. It's still in the bike.
Here's the campsite

The making of a pre-filter(this was taken at home a week or so later when checking the temp fix)

I now have some new Gefr filters waiting to go in....but will keep my "temp" fix in the toolkit for "just in case"
shawty950 is offline   Reply With Quote