Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2013, 06:17 AM   #31
SwampFox883R
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone View Post
No way they can deliver at that price....

"Last fall, the DOE loaned more than $500 million to Tesla and another $528 million to Fisker under the same program. " and you know what happened with those loans.
Let's see: I get to live my dream until your money runs out.
AN650 Burgman w/Texas Sidecar <Mrs. SwampFox's

SwampFox883R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:28 AM   #32
AR-TRVLR
Bushpusher

Oddometer: 208
Quote:
"Last fall, the DOE loaned more than $500 million to Tesla and another $528 million to Fisker under the same program. " and you know what happened with those loans.
I know. Tesla just repaid its' loan in full. Clearly all companies that take loans from the DOE are all in great shape.

Oh, wait, did you really mean to paint with such a broad brush?
AR-TRVLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:25 AM   #33
Bar None
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR-TRVLR View Post
I know. Tesla just repaid its' loan in full. Clearly all companies that take loans from the DOE are all in great shape.

Oh, wait, did you really mean to paint with such a broad brush?
Oh wait, Tesla has NOT repaid their loan but are attempting an IPO to get the money to repay the load soon.

"Tesla Motors Inc. increased the size of its equity and debt offerings by 30 percent to as much as $1.08 billion to repay its U.S. loan and build up cash reserves."

http://www.autonews.com/article/2013...#axzz2TeZtmVtc

"Tesla said it will use $452.4 million to repay an Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing loan."

"Fisker missed a loan payment, and is at risk of bankruptcy after halting output last year and firing most of its staff last month."

If these business plans are so wonderful then why can't they get start up funds from the market instead of welfare for the wealthy from the US government?

And anyone that believes that Elio can build a three wheeled vehicle with the specs they claim for $6800 retail must still believe in Santa Claus.
2014 Ice Bear PBZ110-1P sidecar
2015 Ural cT on order
Bar None is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:09 AM   #34
villageidiot
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,492
I think it's possible, though not probable.
villageidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #35
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 16,918
Quote:

And anyone that believes that Elio can build a three wheeled vehicle with the specs they claim for $6800 retail must still believe in Santa Claus.
wait...theres no santa? wtf...
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:02 AM   #36
Pugsley/Hobbfather
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 411
Govmunt monie:

Of course, it's much better to continue to let GE, Exxon, ADM, Monsanto, and whoever else wants to not pay their taxes get away with billions in corporate welfare...

...but giving money to start-ups trying to do something new is a bad idea.

Like GM and Chrysler (Kudos to Ford though, for not NEEDING a bailout), some will be able to pay things back, some won't.

'Course, I didn't get a bail out when the economy tanked, but I'm not starting up anything that might help get us out of this fossil fueled mess either.

Speaking of which, I need to find a good coal supplier in Central VT.

Really! Blacksmithing is a better use for coal than electricity!

Quote:
Oh wait, Tesla has NOT repaid their loan but are attempting an IPO to get the money to repay the load soon.

"Tesla Motors Inc. increased the size of its equity and debt offerings by 30 percent to as much as $1.08 billion to repay its U.S. loan and build up cash reserves."

http://www.autonews.com/article/2013...#axzz2TeZtmVtc

"Tesla said it will use $452.4 million to repay an Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing loan."

"Fisker missed a loan payment, and is at risk of bankruptcy after halting output last year and firing most of its staff last month."

If these business plans are so wonderful then why can't they get start up funds from the market instead of welfare for the wealthy from the US government?

Pugsley/Hobbfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #37
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugsley/Hobbfather View Post
Of course, it's much better to continue to let GE, Exxon, ADM, Monsanto, and whoever else wants to not pay their taxes get away with billions in corporate welfare...

...but giving money to start-ups trying to do something new is a bad idea.
Fair or not is a separate issue, but those mega corporations actually have products that are viable economically and in the market place.

The problem with these "start-up" programs is they are for companies that don't actually have a viable product that is ready for prime time or even wanted by the market.
Does anybody here actually think the general public will line up for this 3 wheeler like its a Prius?

windmill screwed with this post 05-21-2013 at 10:18 AM
windmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:08 AM   #38
Sidecarjohn
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 706
Pretty and an attractive proposition based upon the numbers being quoted, However, the math(s) don't add up. The visible stuff, wheels, tyres, suspension units, glass, and the body surely absorb much of the claimed asking price, even bought wholesale.
I'd suggest there's got to be at least a 1 before the 6 figure at the beginning of the price ticket, and then they may have to double the resulting figure.

http://www.sidecarjohn.co.uk/
Sidecarjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:57 PM   #39
davet2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
This is a good concept, but many of the automotive manufacturers have built similar concept vehicles in the past and decided there wasn't a big enough market and/or profitability for them. Of course a smaller start up may be successful building a low volume vehicle and I hope this one is. I wonder if the Corbin Sparrow would have been more successful with an internal combustion engine.
davet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #40
mngl1500
[]

Oddometer: 682
me and the wife were at the MPLS tour yesterday:

mngl1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:00 AM   #41
100mpg
This sentance intent

The inside is way bigger then I thought. If that had a diesel....but 84 MPG is nothing to sneeze at. If it actually sell for 6800, I am going to check it out when they are for sale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mngl1500 View Post
me and the wife were at the MPLS tour yesterday:

Old 05-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #42
mngl1500
[]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mpg View Post
The inside is way bigger then I thought. If that had a diesel....but 84 MPG is nothing to sneeze at. If it actually sell for 6800, I am going to check it out when they are for sale.
That pic is with the rear seat folded down. One guy there was messing around with rear seat folded down and he was planning on being able to sleep in the back. That pic also does not show the cut out for the outside access to the trunk because that is not on this prototype.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:35 AM   #43
mngl1500
[]

And I do not know if you can tell from the pictures but me and the wife are not exactly skinny and there was plenty of room for the two of us in it.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #44
Ogre_fl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,103
I hope they put a rear window and mirror in the finished units.
Not being able to see out the back would drive me nuts.
Ogre_fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #45
100mpg
This sentance intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mngl1500 View Post
That pic is with the rear seat folded down. One guy there was messing around with rear seat folded down and he was planning on being able to sleep in the back. That pic also does not show the cut out for the outside access to the trunk because that is not on this prototype.
This just went up 10 notches in my mind. Nothing better on a LONG ride then to be able to stop and sleep, while being warm, dry and safe. Got room for a
My little RV.