Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2013, 04:54 AM   #16
dep411
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Harris View Post
My Spidey Sense would have compelled me to start laying into the horn as he was creeping... he was setting up to jump at the last minute (as he did).

--Bill
I do this all the time. People in cagers need a reminder every now and then as we are easily over looked when on 2
dep411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:23 AM   #17
shaddix
Banned

Oddometer: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Harris View Post
My Spidey Sense would have compelled me to start laying into the horn as he was creeping... he was setting up to jump at the last minute (as he did).

--Bill

This is something I don't do, thanks for the tip. I need to get one of those stebel things I suppose.
shaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:34 AM   #18
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,163
this is nearly the identical set up that got me back in 2009.. except I was looking right at the driver and he "was looking right at me." Well he was looking right through me T-boned me much harder and put me down hard, collar bone, ribs, collapsed lung. You were riding more defensively than me and good on you for that.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:58 AM   #19
henrymartin
Mr. Tourguide

Oddometer: 3,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeede View Post
I dunno... random back woods intersections with Joe. C. Hick driving his beat up ol' truck (or yuppie relocated Massholes driving their Subarus, depend on what part of NH) where nobody expects to see any bikes, and you don't expect any traffic, may be worse than Storrow Drive, where your spidey sense is on high alert!
The part of NH where I sent you when you first came up here.
henrymartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:05 AM   #20
Queenie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwaregrrl View Post
You need to get ahold of that PO's superior, have his badge number ready and explain the situation. That guy NEEDS the points and the fine.
No...you need to contact the PO that worked your accident and ask him why the at fault driver was not issued a citation. A nice conversation with this officer will get you more results. Find out from him why a cite wasn't issued. It may be that a nice discussion with you would take care of it and the officer could issue it at large. If he can't give you a compelling reason why, THEN express your disappointment to his Sergeant.
Queenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #21
sierraoffroad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,242
where did this crash happen in MA?? looks fimiliar. I'm glad you're ok and didn't settle with the guy for cash.
sierraoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:21 AM   #22
zeeede OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 844
Maguire road, near Hanscom AFB in Lexington, MA.

I took the Vee apart last night. I think I'm just gonna schlep it to the dealer. There's too many missing pop-rivets and brackets and stuff for me to try to button it all back together myself... I'll be making a half dozen runs to the dealer for parts and it's not worth my time.
zeeede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:18 AM   #23
holckster
dougholck

Oddometer: 768
Quote:
Maguire road, near Hanscom AFB in Lexington, MA.

I took the Vee apart last night. I think I'm just gonna schlep it to the dealer. There's too many missing pop-rivets and brackets and stuff for me to try to button it all back together myself... I'll be making a half dozen runs to the dealer for parts and it's not worth my time.
Good decision.
Had my parked BMWLT rearended, knocked over and punted about 10 ft by a Firetruck while I was stopped to assisit at an accident scene.
Just scratches and broken taillight assembly ended up at $8000
Let the dealer make it like new again no matter how long it takes.

04 BMW 1150GS Adventure
08 DR650
02 BMW K1200LTe
05 Yamaha TW200
BMW MOA 109760
AMA Charter Life Member 518333
International Fellowship of Motorcycling Rotarians
HDDC POSSE

holckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:24 AM   #24
mrpete64
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 560
flashing green led's on my bike...

I have a set of flashing led lights on my bikes. They have saved my butt many times. They do NOT see my bike but the flashing lights stops them.
I can say that at least nine times people were either going to pull out from a light/stop sign or make that dreaded left hand turn and stopped "quickly" once they saw flashing green. You can see my bike at least a quarter mile away.
People, on the NY Thruway can see me coming behind them when they are texting. I had a NY state patrol cop stop me and ask me where I got them. He wanted a pair for his girlfriend...and himself!
I would NOT have a bike without them...period!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 06:55 AM   #25
baiku
Maniacal Engineer

Oddometer: 1,263
Glad you're okay.

I have a Stebel air horn on my 'Strom. It doesn't get used a lot, but it's loud enough to wake the dead. I always warn the techs when I take it for annual inspection.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:11 AM   #26
zeeede OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpete64 View Post
I have a set of flashing led lights on my bikes. They have saved my butt many times. They do NOT see my bike but the flashing lights stops them.
I can say that at least nine times people were either going to pull out from a light/stop sign or make that dreaded left hand turn and stopped "quickly" once they saw flashing green. You can see my bike at least a quarter mile away.
People, on the NY Thruway can see me coming behind them when they are texting. I had a NY state patrol cop stop me and ask me where I got them. He wanted a pair for his girlfriend...and himself!
Do you have a link or video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baiku View Post
Glad you're okay.

I have a Stebel air horn on my 'Strom. It doesn't get used a lot, but it's loud enough to wake the dead. I always warn the techs when I take it for annual inspection.

Ha... I wouldn't warn the techs... I'd just hook up a hidden camera
zeeede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #27
DarthJ
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 134
Quote:
It looks like it is... I didn't look that closely... wasn't too worried about his truck. Here's another shot:
Looks more like it was installed that way. It looks straight, if mounted kinda off-center. If it was due to hit, the bull bar would have fallen off.
DarthJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #28
DarthJ
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpete64 View Post
Hope you checked on legality of the flashing lights, those might be illegal, even though they are green because they can be mis-interpreted.

FYI: Checked and they are illegal: Art 9; sec 381: "

3. Except as hereinafter provided, only a white or yellow light shall be displayed upon a motorcycle so as to be visible from a point directly in front of the vehicle. Any color light, except blue, may be displayed, so as to be visible from a point directly in front of the vehicle, on a police vehicle or on a motorcycle operated by a sheriff or regular deputy sheriff when engaged in the performance of duty as a police officer. Any color light, including blue, may be displayed, so as to be visible from a point directly in front of the vehicle, on a motorcycle operated by a chief or assistant chief of a fire department, a county or deputy county fire coordinator, or a county or assistant county fire marshal. A blue light may be displayed upon a motorcycle, so as to be visible from a point directly in front of the vehicle, when operated by an active volunteer member of a fire department or company duly authorized as hereinafter provided, and while such vehicle is in use for fire or other emergency service. No volunteer fireman shall be permitted to display a blue light upon a motorcycle as hereinbefore provided except while actually enroute to the scene of a fire or other emergency requiring his services and unless he shall be an active volunteer member of a fire department or company and shall have been authorized in writing to so display a blue light by the chief of the fire department or company of which he is a member, which authorization shall be subject to revocation at any time by the chief who issued the same, or his successor in office."

DarthJ screwed with this post 05-17-2013 at 09:16 AM
DarthJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #29
DC950
Microadventurer

Oddometer: 2,717
glad you're OK.

I thought those photos rang a bell. I used to know that area quite well back when I was stationed at Hanscom 25 years ago.

Damn I'm old.

DC950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:28 AM   #30
hyper7driver
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtDuster View Post
Bright red bike with dual headlights running, big large panniers...and still, he "didn't see you".

Even though I can understand the "dynamics" behind the SMIDSY kind of bullshit, the day they will start PAYING ATTENTION, I'm sure they will see us. Because they have no reasons otherwise.

Glad you're ok mate! You did very good there.
Not paying attention, exactly! These idiots will pull out in front of a semi truck that they didn't see. Why? Cause they didn't even look. Of course you don't a motorcycle coming when you DON'T LOOK!
hyper7driver is offline   Reply With Quote