User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 11:07 AM   #1
ben2go OP
Moto Flunky

Oddometer: 3,196
Question How long can I stay in Canada?

I had an apartment sitting job offer in Montreal for two weeks.How long can I stay in Canada before needing a work visa or other paper work?I'd like to do some riding while I'm there.I plan to ride up and back so I'll be gone a total of three to three and a half weeks.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
IKIGAI
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
I had an apartment sitting job offer in Montreal for two weeks.How long can I stay in Canada before needing a work visa or other paper work?I'd like to do some riding while I'm there.I plan to ride up and back so I'll be gone a total of three to three and a half weeks.
A one month stay is fine.
If I recall correctly, the 'temporary residency' requirement for both countries is 6 consecutive months, and I think that limitation is under review with a move to extend the period.

As a US Citizen you do not require a Visa to visit; working however is another matter.

A smart traveler would not use the words "job" and "visit" in the same sentence when clearing Customs.
In fact, if it was me, I wouldn't even imply that the visit was anything other than just that -- a visit for the purposes of a holiday.

The below link will have all the information you should require to determine your admissibility into Canada as a tourist.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/

Quote:
You do not need a visa to visit or transit in Canada if you are a United States citizen or a person lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence who is in possession of their alien registration card (Green card) or can provide other evidence of permanent residence.

Some people are inadmissible—they are not allowed to come to Canada. Several things can make you inadmissible, including involvement in criminal activity, in human rights violations or in organized crime.

You can also be inadmissible for security, health or financial reasons.
IKIGAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:06 PM   #3
ben2go OP
Moto Flunky

Oddometer: 3,196
Thanks for the info.That is pretty much what it will be,a visit.I'm not getting paid for the apartment sitting.I guess I should have worded that differently.Thanks for the heads up on that.It's a forum friend from another forum.He his going on vaca with his girl.It's kind of a vaca for me.I have never been to Canada and it's a good opportunity for me to visit for a couple weeks.I would mostly be doing day rides and visiting some of the local attractions.I may take the long way home.It's two full days, for me, to get there.We will hang out for a day and then they are off.I am planning three full weeks so I can have the option of taking the long way home or staying a little longer.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:21 PM   #4
Watercat
. . . gravity sucks

Oddometer: 1,538
Stay a couple years . . . . . . Or more ! ! !

What are they gonna do when you're leavin their country ? ? ?

" . . . discovery channel has been shit for over a decade . . . this (ADVrider) is actually good." - OldAndBusted

Expect the unexpected! - Skunked & DfunkD

2006 Husky TE 610
2005 Big Strom
2010 THRUXTON
Watercat is offline   Reply With Quote