Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 04:56 AM   #31
HighFive
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by njoytheride View Post
Met some great folks (missed Highfive, had some Husky questions.)
How? Think I ate, drank, & talked with nearly every one there but you.

Figured that was your Terra parked by the pavilion Saturday night (with the yellow jacket on it). I stood next to it talking to two other guys for at least half an hour......you never showed. Maybe it was someone else's (I donno). There was an interesting skid plate mod on it. More wrap around protection than I've seen before.

I departed for home about 9:00pm. I couldn't hang around for Sunday.

Drop me a PM, if you want to chat.

HF
Athena Big Bore Project WRRDualsport.com
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:06 AM   #32
C-Rad
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
damage report

Hey all,

My father was the one who broke his leg. "pallbearer37". so before any speculation begins this was not a "newbie" accident because my dad and I both ride a lot. hell I was chasing him most of the day. he's 68 and looks 58 and moves like he is 48. The man knows how to ride. Just one of those freak things. We both over shot this corner on whitewater road or whatever it was. I ended up in the creek but managed to keep it on two wheels. My dad did the same as me downshifted fast and locked the rear but he didn't go in the creek. It just fishtailed out from under him and his right foot got stuck under the bike and turned the wrong way. Spiral fracture of the tibia and fibula. Had surgery yesterday morn at Fort Smith Sparks medical center. Rod inserted in the bone and assorted pins and screws. Recovery will be a little bit. Not sure but he is real healthy and should bounce back soon. Those that were on the ride with us knew what the road was like and yes we were moving at a spirited pace that would probably be frowned upon or encouraged depending on who your with I guess. We took this on ourselves and knew the risks. YES I do have a couple of pics to prove it but some are on my dads cam. One on my phone and such and I have never posted pics on the forum as of yet. Don't have the time to screw with that right now. I will be attending this again and probably should have gone with my first instinct and looked for singletrack. KLR be damned, we would not have been going as fast if on a more technical trail. Next year I will have my shit together with the routes and GPS so I have my bearings of the area sorted out. Thank god my phone had half of a half of a bar and was able to call "911" and get the fine first responders out there. All the while this was happening my dad was making jokes and remained in good spirits. The man is a rock. We had ear to ear grins up until that moment and regardless still had fun. I don't want anyone to think we went into this half baked trying to put a black eye on the SLAP rally. It is what it is. Could have been worse. Thanks for riding gear right? ride safe everyone and Im sure we will cross paths again.
C-Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:26 AM   #33
JumpJet
Looking for Alpha

Oddometer: 1,060
^^^
ammca

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear your dad is doing well - hope his recovery is quick.
1) Stop trying to save the world
2) Eat more Bacon
JumpJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:07 AM   #34
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer

Oddometer: 2,407
Ammca thanks for filling us in. Definately cant say I havent had similar circumstances. Hope your dad gets back in the seat again soon.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:08 AM   #35
Krabill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,461
Yes, thank you for the update.

It's always nice to tie up loose ends.

Broken leg - fixed and healing
My missing $$ - found
Lost chair - I think it was sitting there at the campground when I left . . . right where you left it, Crashit (still to be confirmed, though)
Broken? hand - ????

A huge thank you to all those involved, from the participants who traveled to get there, the new riding buddies formed, to the organizers
Krabill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:39 AM   #36
Crashit
GO HARD OR NOT AT ALL

Oddometer: 484
Had a blast riding with you and your dad along with tom you guys are a hoot. Hate it happened. Wish y'all could of rode the after math it put or bikes to the test and would of been nice on a klr.

Torn muscle krabill
Crashit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:11 AM   #37
JDowns
Sounds good, let's go!

Oddometer: 2,573
Arrived at the SLAP (Squeals like a pig) ADVrally over in Arkansas on Friday afternoon. The weather was beautiful.

Signing in at the rally is Throttlemeister, New Zealand Joe chatting with Celtazon.

Located the Tulsa contingency and pulled in next to them:

Walked around the campground. This place is NICE! Especially liked this FJ with KTM stickers and a moto bumper carrier:

Nothing better than a KTM, a tent and a full can of gas. What else do you need out here in the sticks?

108 folks here but it's spread out along this inviting looking river with a custom pyramid:

Rode over to Oark in search of buttermilk pie and found the historic Oark General Store:

Went up to the front door and saw ADV sticker. This must be the place Throttlemeister was telling me about:

MMMMMMmmmmmmm good. I recommend the pie as well. Mighty fine!

They even have wifi.

more later....
Old 05-20-2013, 07:14 AM   #38
JDowns
Sounds good, let's go!

Plenty of nice folks here at the SLAP rally Friday. Good dinner this evening and not a cloud in the sky. Plus great back roads anywhere you look:

Beautiful streams:

Lots of nice looking bikes:

I like this minimalist KTM camper:

The Ozarks are beautiful, the riding is great, the food is good and lots of ADVriders. I think I might have to come back next year.

more later....
Old 05-20-2013, 07:18 AM   #39
JDowns
Sounds good, let's go!

Nice bonfire Friday and Saturday night:

Sat around until nobody else was around. Slept like a log and got up Saturday morning. Got in the breakfast line:

for some scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy:

lots of other folks chowing down this morning:

Met Ulybrad and his wife. Last time I saw them was at the Roll the Bones rally down in Texas last fall on the way to Mexico. Those folks get around:

It takes five ADVriders to change a front tube. One working and 4 supervising:

Rode back up into the Ozark National Forest. Fresh air, not much dust, and cooler temps today:

Ran into Throttlemeister and New Zealand Joe at a crossroads and followed them for a while:

Joe had never seen Armadillo roadkill before so had to stop and take a pic:

Great rally. I highly recommend it.

Best regards,
Nebraska John
Old 05-20-2013, 07:24 AM   #40
Celtazon
Enigma

Oddometer: 401

Celtazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:38 AM   #41
Newner
Buffering

Oddometer: 1,521
I would like to wish pallbearer37 a speedy recovery.

Having experienced about 5 or 6 SLAPs, I would vote this one as the best.

I am thankful for the group effort that occurred to make the event go so well.

Toyman, aka Bill- for hours of planning, negotiating, and registering the participants. He was the Key Man work horse who sacrificed ride time to insure everyone was able to get registered and got the information they needed.

DirtyDog, aka Jason- The Tulsa Tuesday Pub Crawl head honcho who put some kick ass t-shirts together along with mugs, ordering the beer, stickers and door prizes and had to miss most of the event due to is brothers wedding

Tulsa Tuesday Pub Crawl Crawlers-----
JumpJet, AKA Ralph- The Treasurer
Tomski74, AKA Tom- Sponsorship director and door prizes
Krabill, AKA Steve- Entertainment (the Band, which was fantastic) and Trials competition
OkieTrailBoss, AKA Burt and RG- for making the best trophies and awards.

The Rest of the TTPC- Celtazon, FatBob, Newner, Dirt2007, and many others who had helped to get this all put together.

Thanks to all of the Sponsors and Vinnie the Snake for the extra booze.

My $.02

I will find some pictures and post later....
Old 05-20-2013, 09:42 AM   #42
Throttlemeister
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill View Post
Yes, thank you for the update.

It's always nice to tie up loose ends.

Broken leg - fixed and healing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlemeister
Welcome to the club,
July 2012:

I was in surprisingly little pain myself until they tried to removed my boot with a few buckles still latched Wish the best recovery
My missing $$ - found Very good news
Lost chair - I think it was sitting there at the campground when I left . . . right where you left it, Crashit (still to be confirmed, though) When Joe and I left at ~6pm there was a red and black chair near our campsite left alone, we loaded it up and brought it back to Oklahoma, will check and see if it says anything on it. Anyone still missing one let me know
Broken? hand - ????

A huge thank you to all those involved, from the participants who traveled to get there, the new riding buddies formed, to the organizers
+1 on a job well done.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:38 AM   #43
boogn1sh
Motorcycle crash-tester

Oddometer: 363
Sadly, my stay at SLAP13 was far too short. Got a call Friday afternoon about a $2000 mistake I had made at work that required attention.

Though my time was short, this had to have been the best SLAP to date. The Okie boys really raised the bar this year. The location couldn't have been better, a little of everything all in one place. Got to say hi to lots of old friends, and met a few new ones. Just hope the next time I see Celtazon, she is wearing moto boots and a helmet!

Hooking up with The Krabill and HighFive is always a treat! We spent some time ripping around on the Byrd's single track. I 'll try to post a vid of our ride soon. HighFive let me take a ride on his TE390.
Ho-chi-momma!

http://adventuresubaru.com
boogn1sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #44
njoytheride
NJOYN' THE JOURNEY

Oddometer: 832
Crashit, If Byrds still has your chair i'll pick it up and send it to you. Let me know. Glad your Dad is doing alright. Hope i'm still out riding at 68.
I can't believe I missed ya Highfive. That was the husky alright. Going to see about the engine temps before poke'n holes in the skid plate. I tend to over use them for some reason??? That was rev.1.0 anyway, just had to get something on for now.
Sure was a great event,thamks again for all the hard work.
njoytheride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #45
Celtazon
Enigma

Oddometer: 401
Some of the Bikes:

Celtazon is offline   Reply With Quote