User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
Lobster OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 323
SENA - awesome customer service!

I have the SENA SMH10 system for my helmet. A friend of mine bought 2 and gave me one. I used it for about 2 seasons and decided to swap it into a new helmet. During the process I wasn't careful and pulled the mic wire out of one of the connections.

It looked like a simple fix for a skilled electronics tech. So I emailed SENA to ask where I could take it / send it to get the connector fixed. Long story short, I received a warranty return authorization to send the clamp unit back to SENA and they sent me an entire new Clamp Kit!

In my emails back and forth with SENA I was very open that I broke the thing and it was my fault and not a defect of the product. I even told them if there was charge to get the thing fixed I would happily pay. They asked me for a copy of the receipt, to which I told them I did not have and I was even truthful about how old the unit was.

These guys have my business for good.
Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #2
Solomookie
Amish Agnostic

Oddometer: 11
SENA customer service

I too have a Sena SMH10, and it has operated perfectly for over two years. I'm glad to hear that they have good customer service, should the need ever arise.
Solomookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:10 PM   #3
Snarky
Vodka Infused.

Oddometer: 1,342
Yeah, I always direct business to Sena when possible. This SMH-10 is god of the headsets. I love it and I think the company is great. Just in the firmware updates alone they are awesome.
Pledge today! Service guarantees citizenship. @ http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com Thanks.
Snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:31 AM   #4
intotheblue
n00b

Oddometer: 2
My wife and I have the headsets. We recently had to have them replaced. The Sena customer service was awesome. They replace the headsets quickly.
intotheblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:04 PM   #5
sonic578
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 726
4 of us all have smh10's and were riding 2 hrs in pretty hard rain. Mine was the only one that had problems... Dead the next day. Called sena, told them what happened, and they provided an RMA for return. I'm expecting a replacement. Good support!

Have ridden in rain before without a problem. Not sure what happened this time?
Old 05-26-2013, 04:29 AM   #6
johnpgs
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
I had the early SMH10, and upgraded to the newer software updatable units. I went through some issues with the newer units, and they were very helpful in getting them resolved. They have my business.
johnpgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:39 AM   #7
beemerryder
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Thumb More Great Customer Service

I recently bought a Sena SMH10. After several usages the battery life was way down. Emailed Sena, they offered to replace it and sent a UPS label to return the old unit. I expressed concern that I would not have the replacement in time for a week long MC trip. They Priority Mailed the replacement in 3 days, before they even received the faulty unit. WOW!!
beemerryder is offline   Reply With Quote