User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2013, 06:41 AM   #1
wonderings OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 927
Schuberth C3 Pro liners?

I have a new C3 Pro that I made the mistake of buying a bit to small. Thanks to some fine members here informing me that the lids from XL to XXXL are all the same, just different liners, makes getting my helmet to fit right a lot easier. The problem now is I do not see anywhere that sells the liner to the C3 Pro, only the C3. I am waiting to hear back from Schuberth on this. Is the C3 the same liner? Or is the helmet just to new to have liners for sale?
2010 GSA
wonderings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #2
sarhog
Ride far...

Oddometer: 414
The C3 liner is NOT the same as the C3 Pro liner. I "think" the C3 pro liner is similar to the S2 liner.
sarhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:56 PM   #3
wonderings OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarhog View Post
The C3 liner is NOT the same as the C3 Pro liner. I "think" the C3 pro liner is similar to the S2 liner.
Hoping to hear back from schuberth soon on this, they are taking there sweet time in replying to my email. All I need is a different liner, but seems they are not out for sale anywhere.
2010 GSA
Old 05-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #4
moymurfs

Oddometer: 2,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderings View Post
Hoping to hear back from schuberth soon on this, they are taking there sweet time in replying to my email. All I need is a different liner, but seems they are not out for sale anywhere.
Too bad this wasn't posted last Friday.. I went to the Morton's BMW Rally at Natural Bridge and the Schuberth reps were there with all their helmets and their large van with all parts, tools, accessories and knowledge. Demo helmets of all models and sizes were available. I took the C3Pro and S2 out on the interstate. Very good customer service from the guy and girl AND they weren't selling helmets. The dealership inside was though..
Old 05-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #5
wonderings OP
Studly Adventurer

I finally got an email back from Schuberth, who were less then helpful. The reply in a nutshell was "this is not a warranty issue". I emailed back explaining I am just looking for an 2XL liner, now another week before they reply I guess.
2010 GSA
Old 05-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #6
00N8
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Let me know what you find out. I have a Medium that is too small, I think if I could get a large liner to feel up a little room that would help with the hotspots on the front and back of my head.
00N8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:32 PM   #7
00N8
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Found a place to buy different size liners:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/s...3-helmet-liner

I bought a large, hopefully that turns this $760 migraine maker into a usable helmet.
00N8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #8
SchillerM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00N8 View Post
Let me know what you find out. I have a Medium that is too small, I think if I could get a large liner to feel up a little room that would help with the hotspots on the front and back of my head.
From what I have read, go with the C3/S2 liner that they have listed instead.. Its $10 more but supposed to (help) take care of that hot spot issue.. The medium S2 liner might even help if its not major...
Revzilla claims they are great with returns, so can probably try one out and exchange if needed..

Wonderings, sorry to hear they weren't more helpful.. FYI, I did not get the helmet I was hoping to, so no liners here..

Matt
SchillerM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:07 PM   #9
wonderings OP
Studly Adventurer

I originally tried to order from revzilla because of the return policy they have, but unfortunately they do not ship to Canada, so had to buy local and there is no returns. It is my fault for buying a helmet that does not fit well, not asking for a freebie or anything, but looking for a solution to turn my $800+ into a helmet that I can wear for a 7000km trip in mid June.

Hopefully will hear back with a price or some way of getting an 2XL liner right from schuberth soon, if not, I guess I just have to wait till they start selling them through stores.

I have contacted the store I bought the helmet from to see if they can order a different sized liner as they are a distributer for schuberth, so hopefully 1 of the 2 can help me out.
2010 GSA
Old 05-28-2013, 05:21 AM   #10
lucas123
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 460
This should be what you need.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/s...2-helmet-liner
lucas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:14 AM   #11
wonderings OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas123 View Post
It says that is for the C3, not sure if that would work or not in the pro. Even if it did, is it the same material? I read that the C3 Pro used a "nicer" material this time around.
2010 GSA
Old 05-28-2013, 06:24 AM   #12
t6pilot
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 543
Had great customer service from Schubert, mine had to do with visor forming a haze.
My C3 fit tight in the hinge area so I laid the helmet on it side and placed a twenty pound bag of lead shot in the helmet on the liner, next day repeated process on other side, worked great
t6pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:31 AM   #13
Twinz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 541
This is great...I have a new C3 coming from Revzilla (20% discount). Knowing that there is a cure for the forehead tight spot (if I need it) is a key piece of info!
'94 R1100RS, '84 R100CS, '76 R75/6 (S fairing)
'80 Guzzi V50 II, '73 Guzzi V7 Sport
Twinz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:49 AM   #14
lucas123
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderings View Post
It says that is for the C3, not sure if that would work or not in the pro. Even if it did, is it the same material? I read that the C3 Pro used a "nicer" material this time around.

That is the Pro liner. There is a link in a post above for the regular old C3 liner.
lucas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #15
wonderings OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas123 View Post
That is the Pro liner. There is a link in a post above for the regular old C3 liner.
Thanks, going to give that a try. Of course I now need to wait for a custom quote for this liner because I am in Canada. I think I will probably be in the same boat with ordering C3 Pro from revzilla, which they do not ship to Canada for some reason. I have my fingers crossed as this seems to be the only option for me. My local dealer says all out of stock and nothing about when they are getting in and Schuberth has not gotten back to me yet.
2010 GSA