User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2013, 05:19 PM   #1
JonnyCash OP
turd polisher

Oddometer: 1,398
I've been hacked/scammed please help

I'm not sure if this belongs here, but what the heck. I've been expecting an e-mail from a guy I have recently met in the sale of some motorcycle parts. Today, I got an E-mail supposedly from him, ostensibly through a file sharing thing under the Google banner. I went to retrieve it, and it led me to setup for this "service". In going through this, I gave my e-mail address and password, hit the submit button and nothing happened. I didn't want to go through any more, so I contacted the guy I've been dealing with, and said" I couldn't retrieve this file you sent to me". He said " I never sent you anything. I got hacked, and you need to take the usual precautions. Shit!

So how have I exposed myself here? Can they get into just my e-mail, or does it go further than that? I am normally highly skeptical about stuff like this, but my guard was down, as I was expecting something from this guy. I have no idea what to do, any suggestions?
Old 05-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #2
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,647
I replied to the wrong email a while ago,looked legit but wasnt.

It killed my yahoo address and the hacker sent emails to everyone on my email address book trying to scam them.

It happens.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #3
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 16,575
change your email password now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyCash View Post
I'm not sure if this belongs here, but what the heck. I've been expecting an e-mail from a guy I have recently met in the sale of some motorcycle parts. Today, I got an E-mail supposedly from him, ostensibly through a file sharing thing under the Google banner. I went to retrieve it, and it led me to setup for this "service". In going through this, I gave my e-mail address and password, hit the submit button and nothing happened. I didn't want to go through any more, so I contacted the guy I've been dealing with, and said" I couldn't retrieve this file you sent to me". He said " I never sent you anything. I got hacked, and you need to take the usual precautions. Shit!

So how have I exposed myself here? Can they get into just my e-mail, or does it go further than that? I am normally highly skeptical about stuff like this, but my guard was down, as I was expecting something from this guy. I have no idea what to do, any suggestions?
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: