Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2013, 08:13 AM   #1
BK.RD.RNR OP
Torque Stick

Oddometer: 5,188
Catalonian Rainshine.. A Series of Day Trips in Northeast Spain, and the Pyrenees Mts

The first thing I would like to do, is openly thank the people who made this trip possible for me. BK.RD.Wife, and my new friend Pavillo from the Barcelona area. Without either, I would not have had nearly as enriching of an experience as I enjoyed, Thank you both!

BK.RD.Wife and myself at the Olympic Stadium in Barcelona for the X-Games.

Pavillo, his son (we'll call) Timon, nephew (we'll call) Pumba, and myself.

These boys had me laughing the entire time. Really good natured, typical, 7/8 yr old boys playing and roughhousing. One of the highlights of the trip was spending a few hours with them on a sunny Sunday afternoon. Good stuff!

Timon is an avid soccer player, Pavillo tells me that he is pretty good. Pumba excels at math, and who knows, may end up in Professional Wrestling.

Sorry the pictures are so blurry, but the young guy taking the photos for us (as well as the friends he was with), was laughing as hard as we were.

Much more to come...

BK.RD.RNR screwed with this post 05-30-2013 at 10:37 AM
BK.RD.RNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:07 AM   #2
BK.RD.RNR OP
Torque Stick

A little background..

I am fortunate enough to have a wonderful wife, who always seems to land the coolest jobs!

Currently she works for ESPN X-Games in the Global Marketing Dept.

At an X-Games event, she is basically the coordinator for all things involving the V.I.P.s. Mainly services for the Global advertising partners.

I had wanted to tag along on this trip when we first found out about it, but was not sure if I could between expenses, and vacation time from work. I had seen pictures of the unique architecture around Barcelona, and thought it would be a cool place to visit.

My wife was leaving Monday evening, and on the Friday before, I realized that I could swing it financially, spoke to my manager (I guess Tom deserves a Thank You as well), and got the OK for the time off. I bought a plane ticket on Friday, late morning, worked Friday and Saturday, and flew out Monday evening!!

On that same Friday, I reserved an F800GS from a local rental company in Barcelona for 2 days (Wed & Thurs), figuring I would want to get out of the city to see some of the countryside. At the suggestion of a fellow inmate here (thanks SallyDog!), I also found a MC forum with a "Barcelona Area members section", and joined. I posted up my itinerary, intentions, that I hoped to find someone available to show me around, and that I had a deposit on the rental, but would love to borrow a bike if someone was willing to loan one. I was not expecting anyone to loan me a bike, but if you don't ask... right.

On Sunday night as I was getting packed and making sure that I had everything that I needed, I checked my emails. Low and behold, there was an email from Pavillo, offering to loan one of his bikes, although he would not be able to go with me due to family obligations.

..I wanted to tell this part of the story here, because it just goes to illustrate the wonderful people that we meet within our (global) motorcycling community. Pavillo did not know me from Adam, I had literally joined the site the same day I asked to borrow a bike, and here he was kind and generous enough to offer to loan his 990ADV to a complete stranger! I am forever grateful!

I cancelled the rental (lost a $55 deposit, no biggie), and prepared to board a plane the next day.

I boarded the plane Monday evening, arrived in Barcelona mid-afternoon on Tuesday, got to the hotel, got directions from the concierge for the Metro trains, and met Pavillo at 9pm to pick up the bike. I was terrible company after over 24hrs of little to no sleep, 18 hrs of travel, and airplane food , but Pavillo took the time to hook me up with a gps, some tracks, a map of the area, and few suggestions for local points of interest. The rest I did pretty much in my usual fashion... By the seat of my pants!

Now let's get to it!!

A few teaser pics for you FFs.

BK.RD.RNR screwed with this post 05-30-2013 at 10:41 AM
Old 05-29-2013, 11:03 AM   #3
BK.RD.RNR OP
Torque Stick

Day 1, Wednesday

So my first order of business, since I had never been so close to the Mediterranean before, was to see it/ touch it, and check that box off.

I was still Jetlagged, so I slept as late as I could, pulled out the map, and tried to get an idea of where I wanted to head. I decided I would head to the coast, then ride along it for a while to see what I found.

I had found this road on the map that looked interesting, so I decided to go for it..https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=41.760813,2.965965&spn=0.078493,0.110378&t=m&z=13 As I was riding this road, I felt like I should see a Rally car coming around the corner at me at any given moment. The only other place I had ever seen a road this twisty was in pictures, or while watching WRC highlights. It was an absolutely incredible piece of asphalt ribbon, with terrific views of the Mediterranean.

I also explored the road that heads NW into the mountains on the way back.

I told my host that I had ridden this road, and he seemed a bit surprised that was all there was to the story. He filled me in.. Apparently, this used to be used as part of a Rally course, and as such, attracted a lot of enthusiasts on the weekends. It seems the MC guys were heading there and racing one another, and in an effort to curb that behavior, the local LEOs would set up all along that stretch, and write tickets to motorcyclist for even the smallest infractions. As told to me, they would basically go through a vehicle and equipment inspection checklist until they found something you missed, and then ticket you for it. Fortunately, I was there mid-week.

My first stop was to head out of Barcelona as efficiently as possible, and get to the coast north of town..

Honestly, as beautiful as this coastline was a bit further up, there was nothing special about this beach. When I stopped and looked around, I felt that I might as well be at just about any beach on Long Island..

Although, there was this cool bunker right next to where I parked the bike. I suspect it is a leftover from WWII (?).

I did see these tubular steel structures on pretty much every beach, if someone knows what they are for, please chime in..

..And with that box checked, I continued up the coastline through some small seaside towns.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:31 PM   #4
BK.RD.RNR OP
Torque Stick

A few pictures as I made my way up the coastline..

These evergreen trees were growing everywhere. They were interesting the way they grew, the branches seemed to grow like a deciduous tree, but the had little pine needles instead of leaves.

It was raining sporadically on the way North, and it was my first morning on a new to me bike, in a new to me area, where I really don't speak the language to any effect, or know the traffic customs, so I was taking it easy not knowing exactly what to expect. On the way back, it dried out a bit, and I got to settle into a nice groove with the surroundings..

A large portion of this road was like this, or tighter.

Some of the beach spots up the coast were pretty cool..

I'm still trying to figure out how these people get to their homes/condos/hotel room/ whatever they are's..

Stopped for lunch in this cool little beach town, but couldn't find anything open on the water, so I snapped a few pictures and moved on. I suspect most of these places would usually be open already for the season, but it's been particularly cold and rainy there this year. I was told that this is the wettest spring in Barcelona for 25 yrs...

Considering the limited traffic I encountered, that probably worked to my advantage.

More cool trees.

I finally ended up in the town of Cologne, I think.
It was a little bigger and more commercial than the last town, but I did manage a Tuna sandwich for lunch with Seaside Dining.

Old 05-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #5
ata
expat in the jungle

Oddometer: 2,216
joder!!!

Santi is Pavillo
how small is this fucking world.

keep it coming

Need some help<<<<<<>>>>>>> wet wanderings
ata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:14 PM   #6
BK.RD.RNR OP
Torque Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ata View Post
joder!!!

Santi is Pavillo
how small is this fucking world.
keep it coming
Old 05-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #7
BK.RD.RNR OP
Torque Stick

So, I did not take a lot of pictures after lunch. The roads had started to dry out, I was beginning to gel with the bike, and there was very little traffic. I settled into a nice groove, and enjoyed this masterpiece of a road. I did take a spur to Northwest for a ways, then came back to the coastal road. I probably would not have believed you if you told me, but I was really impressed with how nimble the 990 could be.

A few pics that I did get..

Anyone in the market for a near mint condition used automobile? Just in time for summer!!

So after I decided to explore the road to the Northwest, which was a great road in it's own right, I stumbled upon this old church that was pretty cool. I did not get any history on it, but it was neat.

On the way back down, I snapped some shots of the NW road..

All in all, it was a great way to start the trip. Nice people, great roads, great scenery, what more can you ask for?

I even beat my wife back to the hotel, (some adv rider ), and had a nice dinner together.

Day 1 Complete..
Old 06-06-2013, 01:39 PM   #8
BK.RD.RNR OP
Torque Stick

Day 2

Day 2 started out in a relaxed fashion. Still feeling the jetlag a bit, I took my time getting going in the morning. I had decided that I would head through Andorra, and spend the night in France. I grabbed some breakfast, plotted a general route on the map, and headed out before noon.

I had decided to check out the Motorcycle museum that Pavillo had told me about, and the roads heading to it on the map looked like they would be fun.

Although it rained everyday, at least a little bit, the ride out was beautiful, with spots of blue skies, and big puffy white clouds.

Some pics along the way...

My first real look at the southern Pyrenees..

Looking the oposite direction. I just like the combination of colors in this picture...

A cool church I stopped to grab a picture of as I was passing by..

From here I was on to the Museum. The road on the way was some great riding, not super technical, but very entertaining with lots of corners.

A couple of shots from the Museum, they had some pretty cool pieces, and a lot of history...

Nice backdrop..

This one had a really cool story...

Ok. I'm going to stop myself there with the Moto Museum pics. I obviously took way too many.

Part 2 of day 2 coming...
Old 07-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #9
BK.RD.RNR OP
Torque Stick

Day 2 part 2, North to Andorra!!

I suppose it's high time I got back to this RR before I forget all the details!

So after the motorcycle museum, I continued due North, intending to head through Andorra, and into France to spend the night.

There was plenty of interesting scenery along the way, although I did not necessarily stop in the best places to snap photos. Here are a few from the road anyways..

I rode along this swollen river for good part of the way North..

Everywhere I looked there were more interesting Mountains/ rock formations..

Another stop a few miles up the road at the edge of a small town, sorry for the crappy photos/ composition/ finger in the way ..

Another Monastery or church atop another Mountain..

I guess I could just name this part of the RR "Pictures of rock formations from the side of the road in Northern Spain".

Another stop a few miles up the road near the edge of an apparent reservoir..

It was surprising how so much vegetation seemed to make a place for itself to exist on what appeared to be pure stone..

A few more miles up the road, and the snowcaps came into view again. It was interesting to me the way the terrain changed so quickly and dramatically from lush farmland, to craggy, rocky, mountains, and back to a lush fertile river valley again.

North of this little town and into Andorra, the road got nice and twisty again, following within a few feet of a fast flowing stream with beautiful, mineral rich, snow melt, water flowing out of the higher elevations, and obviously feeding into the river I had been riding along earlier. I wish I had some pictures of this cool area, but there was nowhere to stop. There were steep craggy rock walls on one side of the road, a guardrail on the other, and fast flowing water just on the other side of the guardrail. There was no shoulder of the road to speak of, certainly no place you would want to be standing with traffic passing by so closely. The views were not very long either, so it would have been difficult to capture the essence of what I was seeing with a camera.

The road and stream bounced left and right off of the sides of the gorge that had obviously been cut through the mountains by the water over millions of years. Very cool earth science geek stuff indeed.

More to come. Up Next, my all to brief visit to Andorra.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #10
BK.RD.RNR OP
Torque Stick

Adorra, the biggest little country most of us have never heard of.

So, after the really fun ride up the twisties along the fast flowing stream, I suddenly came upon the border to Andorra. It looked like a small toll booth at an on ramp to the NYS Thruway. On the ride up, I had been concerned about possibly being hassled that I was riding a bike registered in Spain to someone else, the different licensing requirements for motorcyclists in Europe (relating to displacement certifications), and carrying an American passport. I figured they may want some questions answered, and I was worried about the potential of an ensuing language barrier. Unlike when I have travelled to the tourist areas of Mexico, people here are not very concerned about being able to speak English, as it should be, I was not in an English speaking country.

Overall, it was even less complicated than going into Canada.

As I pulled up to the border, and got on line at a booth, I saw a motorcyclist a few cars ahead of me speaking to the customs agent(?), then the agent handing him back some paperwork. The agent then waved through the next car or two, and stopped the car in front of me to check his paperwork. When he was done I began to pull forward, and the agent waved me through. Easy Peazy!! I was in Andorra!!

It was starting to get a little colder, and I hadn't had my nicotine fix in a while, so a little bit up the road when I spied an apparent visitors center with a place to park, I decided to stop for a few minutes.

Andorra has an incredible amount of natural beauty, but it is VERY commercial. They cater primarily to vacationers, skiers, people into adventure sports, and shopping. Within 1 mile of crossing the border, there was an electronics superstore, and billboard signs for more similar outlets everywhere. No other signs of civilization anywhere (at that point). The main parts of towns are mainly stores, restaurants, and hotels. There seems to be no purpose for a building if it is not to sell you something, or rent you a place to sleep. I guess that would be true of most places anywhere, but because of the way everything here must be crammed into very narrow valleys, it is a little overwhelming. Not that I am knocking it completely, it was a very cool, beautiful place, with very nice and friendly people everywhere I went.

A couple of pics of what I could see from the visitors center.

The direction that I had come from. The border/ toll booths were just around the corner in the picture.

So as I rode on, the first town or two I passed through seemed very hoity-toity and commercial. Certainly not my flavor. I had been planning to ride through Andorra and into France to spend the night. I continued riding in the direction of what, on the gps, looked like it could be an epic mountain pass.

I continued on, and as I came to the next town, it was getting much colder. It was now about 8pm, the sun was going down quickly, and the temperature in the valley had dropped below 5 degrees Celsius. I don't know how to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit on the fly, but I know 0 degrees Celsius is freezing, and the temperature had dropped at least 5 degrees in the last hour.

Looking up and seeing snowcapped mountains in every direction, I decided it would be wiser to find a place to stay for the night, rather than climbing higher in altitude to get to a mountain pass, then trying to go down switchbacks on the other side, in the dark, and likely in subfreezing temps since I could see snow actively falling on the mountain tops. Not to mention the currently wet roads where I was, and the concern of them freezing somewhere along my way up the hills.

A few pictures I took as I was coming to this realization..

So, now to find a place to stay for the night...

I walked up to a couple of hotels near where I parked when I took the above pictures, and everything was closed. This area is mainly a ski town, and the hotels were already closed for the season.

I began walking up the street hoping to find an open hotel, or at least some advice from a local. I wandered into a rotisserie chicken take out store front, and the proprietor was kind enough to offer me some directions in his limited English. He told me if I went up the street a short distance, that there was an intersection with 5 different hotels, and maybe one of them would be open. I found the intersection easily enough, but none of the hotels appeared to be open. At this point I was beginning to become concerned if I could find a place to stay in this town, as it was now pretty much dark outside.

On one of the corners of the intersection I saw a bar/ café that appeared to be open. I found a place to park, and headed inside.

As I walked in, wearing my riding gear, and carrying my helmet, I smiled at the strange looks I got from the other patrons, and the cute girl behind the bar. Fortunately, I had washed my otherwise muddy riding gear before leaving for the trip, but (as is customary for me, not being a "fashion forward" individual(understatement)), I am sure I did not look nearly as well put together as most Europeans who would generally be walking in their door.

I asked the young lady behind the bar (who also spoke very limited English) where I could find an open hotel, and she directed me just around the corner to one that she knew was open.

Pulling up in front, and finding free, motorcycle specific, parking just outside the front door (I love Europe!), I went inside.

A picture of the Hotel Magic.

I got a little nervous as I walked in the front door. That little, gold colored, plaque you see near the main entrance in the picture, announces that this establishment is a 4 star hotel. Being the cheap FF that I am, I became concerned for what a room here might cost for the night. I really did not want to spend an arm and a leg on a bed for the night.

As I walked in the main door, I noticed 2 things; the ceiling height was relatively low, giving the lobby a very nice, warm, lodgey feel, and above the large fireplace in the lobby was a big screen TV. On the TV, in the main lobby, was of all things.... A video of an Enduro Race with dirtbikes tearing through some pretty knarly terrain!!! For a second, I wondered if I had died and went to heaven already! At this point I was much less concerned about what the cost of the room was, and figured it must be worth it. I was pleasantly surprised when the front desk clerk told me it would be 37Euros with tax. Approximately $50. Sweet! When I got into the room, and sat on one of the twin beds, I understood why the price was so low. It was not unbearable by any means, but it was not a whole lot more comfortable than sleeping on a cot. I certainly wasn't complaining for the price and atmosphere.

As I mentioned earlier, this whole area seemed to cater to skiers and adventure sports enthusiasts. There were advertisements for activities and guide services everywhere I looked. One in particular that I remember was called the "Himalayan Experience" guide service. A couple of pictures I took inside the hotel.

The "Business Center"

Old 07-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #11
BK.RD.RNR OP
Torque Stick

I realized that I forgot to share a picture of the lamp shade in the hotel room. Like I said, they cater to adventure sports.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #12
BK.RD.RNR OP
Torque Stick

Obligatory food pics.

No ride report is complete without food pics, right?

The gentleman at the front desk had suggested a nice little restaurant a couple of hundred meters down the street that would be open for a while. I got settled in, took a quick shower, and headed out to have a nice dinner.

I know I had a picture of the sign on the restaurant, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. If I had seen the sign, and not had the place recommended to me, I probably would have just kept walking by. Their logo has some cartoonish looking character on it that looked like a chicken in a chef's outfit. Something I would expect to see used as the mascot for a "Planet Wings" type of place or something.

Inside was a nice little Bistro styled place with a small bar near the entrance, and an excellent menu.

Some pictures of dinner..

I did want a stiff drink, but like most restaurants in Europe, they don't really serve those kinds of drinks. Mainly just wine and beer. If you want a cocktail, you have to go to a real bar.

At the suggestion of my server, a young guy who spoke pretty good English (*), I tried some Authentic Sangria, and it was very enjoyable!

*(except that he thought Mister meant Sir. "Are you enjoying everything, Mister?" , "Did you need anything else, Mister?" "Would you like some desert, Mister?". I didn't have the heart to correct him since I didn't speak his language to any effect, and being in his country and all, but I did find it entertaining after a while. )

I started off with a nice salad, complete with "Baicon"!!!! One cool thing about Spanish culture and food, they love to put "Baicon" on EVERYTHING!!

The salad also had some goat cheese on it. I love European food, everything seems so much more natural, and less processed than the majority of what we get here. This picture does not do this salad justice. It was huge! I think it was a 12" plate. Had I known, I could have just ordered this, and had some bread, and been content.

I figured that I was being good, ordering a salad, and some filet "medallions" at it was referred to on the menu. I was thinking medallions, probably a really small portion of overpriced beef. No problem, I should make sure I get a little protein too. Boy was I in for a surprise!

Again, the picture does not do it justice. I am not a real big red meat eater, but this was definitely the biggest piece of filet I have ever had! Probably ever seen, and I worked in restaurants all through high school. It was absolutely delicious too!

I am 6'4", 240+ lbs, I am not known for lacking an appetite, and I had to absolutely force myself to finish the meal! That does not usually happen unless I am letting my mother in law fix my plate. She seems to think I have a hollow leg or something.

..Day 3 coming sooner than my last update... Hopefully
Old 07-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #13
BK.RD.RNR OP
Torque Stick

Going backwards a little bit here. Since I am writing this well after the experience, and trying to tell it all from memory, I thought it might be useful to share a few posts I put on fb while this was all taking place. Just to illustrate what I was feeling/ thinking at the time.

Day 1's post..

I had the most beautiful, amazing ride up the Mediterranean coast today, on some of the most incredible pavement that I have ever laid eyes on. I would have never thought that I would find myself "flicking" a 990 Adv back and forth like that. Even scraped my boot toes a couple times : D. Next time I hear a street rider use the term "technical" in regards to pavement, I won't snicker, I'll drool! One of my most OUTSTANDING days spent on 2 wheels ever!! Every couple of miles, I actually thought, "OMFG, (a sport touring friends name) would Love this!".

Day 2's post..

I had another amazing ride through the Spanish countryside today. Passed through the region, where I am told, that Marc Coma grew up. Incredible sweeping twisties through continuous jagged hills, covered in lush vegetation, with long views over beautiful farmland to the Pyrenees Mountains beyond. Stopped for a couple hours at the Motorcycle Museum, lots of beautiful and interesting bikes to gawk at. Then headed north into the stoic Pyrenees Mtns., and Andorra. I was going to head into France over one of the mountain passes, but thought better of it when the temps were nearing freezing, the roads were wet, and I looked up to snowcapped mountains and falling snow. I ended up grabbing a room in the Hotel Magic, that caters to adventure sports enthusiasts (a 4 star hotel with dirtbike videos playing on the big screen tv in the main lobby... Hell.. YEAH!!!!). Capped off with an awesome meal at Cal Silvino. I just wish I could have shared it with my best girl (wife's name) . ... Andorra, the biggest little country that you've never heard of!!! : D G'night...

Response to a comment on day 2..

..snip.. The landscape here is like nothing I have ever seen.

Oh, it turns out the name of that great restaurant was Cal Silvino!
Old 07-09-2013, 05:58 AM   #14
BK.RD.RNR OP
Torque Stick

Am I the only one reading this?
Old 07-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #15
BK.RD.RNR OP
Torque Stick

Day 3, Part 1. Leaving Andorra.

So, I had not been able to go to sleep the previous night until sometime after 3am. My mind was just reeling from excitement, and rerunning all the beautiful, and new to me things I had seen that day. Jet lag may have played a small part too, but mostly excitement and wonder, like a little kid. The countryside I had just travelled through was just so beautiful and stunning to me, I just could not get over it and go to sleep.

The next morning I was awoken around 8:30ish by the very loud slamming of an adjacent door to mine. Perhaps a disgruntled maid that wanted me out so she could get her work done? It definitely seemed deliberately slammed. I popped out of bed like a shotgun had just gone off outside my door!

Without the possibility of falling back to sleep, I called the front desk to request a late check out. 12:00, no problemo.

I got dressed, and decided to take a little walk around the part of town I was staying in, partially to see what I had missed in the darkness last night, and partially to see if I could find some breakfast or at least Tapas.

A few pictures from my brief walkabout..

Looks like a nice little place to stay..

VeeDubbb.

Snow actively falling on the mountain tops in the AM.

A little 4wheeled adventure waiting to happen..

I thought this mural was pretty cool on the side of a building..

So I did not find anyplace nearby to grab some grub, so I decided to settle for some coffee, and find something to eat along the way.

I headed into the little coffee shop right across from the hotel, and asked for some Cafe Americano. I am pretty sure that Cafe Americano, roughly translated, means "Pu$$y Coffee"... But I'm not positive about that.

Still a very small Cuppa Joe by American standards, I requested "Uno mas por favor", a couple of times.

Now, I NEVER put any sugar in my coffee, but they give you 2 packets with each cup everywhere I went here. Each packet is (I'd guess) about a Tablespoon!

Since I was groggy from lack of sleep, and knew I'd be hopping on something without a cage to protect me, I decided to put a fair amount of sugar in my Cafe Americano. Lot's of sugar (realatively), strong coffee, and an empty stomach is not the best combination. I didn't get sick, but I felt a little queassy for a few hours afterward.

After my coffee, I got back to the hotel, got my gear on, checked out, and got on the road.

I did not want to waste much more time, because I was hoping to do a little exploring on the way back to Barcelona, and REALLY wanted to be back in time to catch the Enduro X races at the X Games!!

A few pics from the side of the road while motoring out of Andorra..

Tire store/ gas station... BOOM. Hill.

That's all the pics I have from my time in Andorra. Not far south of here, after travelling through some narrow, congested local streets that the GPS took me through, I was back at the same border I had crossed the previous night. This time with a Customs check.

As I was pulling up to the customs check, I managed to decifer from the signs in Spanish(?) that one lane was for people with material goods that they needed to claim, and the other was for people travelling through with no declarations. I swerved into the Nothing to Declare lane at the last second (trying to figure out signs), then down a ramp that went under a building into a Parking garage like area. As I looked to the right, I saw a Stationwagon with a family standing around, and a few uniformed officers who seemed to be tearing it apart looking for something.

As I pulled in, I got waved forward by a very curvy and attractive woman in uniform, and was encouraged to pass without ever stopping rolling.. You win some, you lose some. I'm not sure what category being stopped would have fallen into, as I probably would have had some explaining to do with my "hodge podge" nationality paperwork.

Shortly thereafter, I came to the Toll Booth border check, and was nearly ignored entirely as I passed by the booth with three border officials seemingly huddled around one cell phone watching a funny video or something.

Screw it, see ya! Back in Spain without any hassles!!