Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2013, 03:45 AM   #361
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Oddometer: 4,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRoadToad View Post
Your remark regarding the Starley Dolt is better represented by some one of a lesser IQ than you sir. You know, the disillutioned brain dead Dolt owner (of which there are few) still trying to convince themselves they are hip for not getting what they wanted, i.e., a Harley Sportster.

They would drown in even the shallow end of the gene pool. So then, did you and the rest of the Sycophants of Starley actually buy a Dolt yet? Hmmmmmmm....?

And yes, your silly unsubstantiated comments quoted above more than merited a corrosive but humourous reply. Allow me to put some thing in to perspective:

It is one thing to play the devil's advocate and quite another to put your money where you gums flap.

Have a care, I am in a mood. And for the record, this new Yamaha is very nice. Not a cheapo copy of anything. I think it may sell well enough to entice Yamaha to do more with the platform. Or at the least release an ABS version for those too afraid to ride with out it.

The Toad
rawr... saucer of milk, table 2!
Old 06-19-2013, 03:52 AM   #362
medisyn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 146
I get back to the US in two weeks. I think I am going to put down a deposit on a FZ09.

I have been looking for an upgrade to my ninja 500. I was taking a long look at the Ninja 1000/Z1000, CB1000R and the FZ8. At first I was not too stoked about any of these because of the weight. I don't want a bike that weighs more than the Ninja 500 at 440lbs wet. I am spoiled by my light supermoto I guess...

I had this magic number of specs in my mind for the next bike, but nothing seemed to have it. I wanted sub 440lbs wet, naked/no plastics, ~100hp+, ~55 lb-ft+, a reasonable seating position (with legs not super bent) and a good price.

It seems like the FZ has everything I want, if not more. I got really excited when I saw the price new.

Nobody is pointing out that this bike has a more relaxed seating position than the Street Triple. On paper the leg room on the ST looks worse than my Ninja 500, which after 100 miles is super painful for me. (I am 6ft, 32inch inseam) The main reason I am going to sell the ninja is that the bike is just too small for me to ride any real distance. Also, the street triple is a great bike, but I worry I will be too uncomfortable on it.

It seems many guys on this forum setup their fz6's to be a bit like a 'lite' sport touring bike. I don't see why the FZ-09 would not be as good. Put a screen and bags on it. You might also need a seat, but I could see this being awesome once you hit any road that has turns in it. The FZ09 will have lightyears more torque down low than the fz6 ever did.

I can ignore the looks, which I think are OK in black. Other than polarizing looks, this seems like almost the perfect street/commute bike. It has a great seating position, wide bars and a narrow chassis. Good real-world useable power and a really low MSRP. There is not many bikes in the US market that fit the bill, even less at a sub $10,000 MSRP.

The fz09 seems to me like the only budget 'sporty' bike that is a step up from a SV650/Ninja 650 with good power and a reasonable seating position.

I know you guys lust for more, but for a guy like me thats looking to upgrade from his beginner bike I am excited. It seems like Yamaha read my mind when they made this bike.
medisyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:27 AM   #363
Dust_
Adventure Dreamer

Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by MookieBlaylock View Post
tdm concept

And in yellow

NOW we're talking!!! put this baby boy with traction control and I'll buy it instead of the Versys 1000 I'm currently drooling about ;P
Old 06-19-2013, 05:37 AM   #364
CAW
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Rr. - oops. That was an accidental pocket post. I meant vroom.

CAW screwed with this post 06-19-2013 at 05:54 AM
CAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:45 AM   #365
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Oddometer: 16,136
That MTDM is a mock-up I assume? It's a good looking attempt, if so.
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:45 AM   #366
T-cosmic
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
These are gonna sell like hot cakes. :)

Old 06-19-2013, 06:57 AM   #367
Modus
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRoadToad View Post
Your remark regarding the Starley Dolt is better represented by some one of a lesser IQ than you sir. You know, the disillutioned brain dead Dolt owner (of which there are few) still trying to convince themselves they are hip for not getting what they wanted, i.e., a Harley Sportster.

They would drown in even the shallow end of the gene pool. So then, did you and the rest of the Sycophants of Starley actually buy a Dolt yet? Hmmmmmmm....?

And yes, your silly unsubstantiated comments quoted above more than merited a corrosive but humourous reply. Allow me to put some thing in to perspective:

It is one thing to play the devil's advocate and quite another to put your money where you gums flap.

Have a care, I am in a mood. And for the record, this new Yamaha is very nice. Not a cheapo copy of anything. I think it may sell well enough to entice Yamaha to do more with the platform. Or at the least release an ABS version for those too afraid to ride with out it.

The Toad
Somebody get Gramps his Pepto. He's getting gassy again.
Modus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:06 AM   #368
Chisenhallw
Avowed Pussbag

Oddometer: 5,121
Quote:
tdm concept

holy crapbaskets
I review motorcycles for 2wheelsandamotor.com
Chisenhallw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:13 AM   #369
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisenhallw View Post
holy crapbaskets

Indeed. That's swanky.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:33 AM   #370
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

Oddometer: 26,829
the graphic designer shrunk the FJR cases down to murse sizes.
Grainbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:56 AM   #371
NickBrewer3
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
tdm concept

If that was available, I would put in my order in a heartbeat.....
NickBrewer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #372
cls
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,036
Indeed. But a trunk bag instead of the panniers for me, please. And it's gotta' get at least 50+ mpg's while traveling/commuting. They'd have my money.
cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:22 AM   #373
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt View Post
the graphic designer shrunk the FJR cases down to murse sizes.
They are definitely after my demographic at the tuning fork house.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:01 AM   #374
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by cls View Post
Indeed. But a trunk bag instead of the panniers for me, please. And it's gotta' get at least 50+ mpg's while traveling/commuting. They'd have my money.
I'm guessing this triple has got to be more thirsty then the current TDM
(which can get amazing MPGs).

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #375
Paulvt1 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,488
Indeed. I used to get over 200 miles to a tank on my 900.
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote