Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2013, 06:37 AM   #691
Roadscum
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama67 View Post
Really ready to see a shootout with the street triple.

Then the question would be, pay $8,000 for one of these, or a low mile Street Triple R?
That will be interesting for sure.
The Street trip is a great bike, excellent handling, perfect fueling, great suspension. Thought to beat

I've owned a '06 FJR and currently own a Super Tenere, on both the fueling was piss poor, really sucks on the S10. Hope Yamaha gets it right on their new triple and the new twin.

Regards, Paul
Old 07-24-2013, 06:40 AM   #692
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,634
Quote:

Then the question would be, pay $8,000 for one of these, or a low mile Street Triple R?
That was a no-brainer for me but I was ready to buy, when my low-mileage StR hit the market. If my buying window was later in the fall, I would for sure test ride both. The StR is a deceiving motorcycle, as it's quite tame under 7K rpm but it becomes a different animal, 7K and beyond. The only negative I have about the StR is the poor mpg and the limited luggage options. Luggage and practicality is where I expect Yamaha will shine, in the middleweight race.

nlp

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex

NateLePain screwed with this post 07-24-2013 at 06:50 AM
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:41 AM   #693
PAULIBIKER
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadscum View Post
That will be interesting for sure.
The Street trip is a great bike, excellent handling, perfect fueling, great suspension. Thought to beat

I've owned a '06 FJR and currently own a Super Tenere, on both the fueling was piss poor, really sucks on the S10. Hope Yamaha gets it right on their new triple and the new twin.

Regards, Paul

I'm thinking twice about the deposit I put down. I remember when Yamaha re-did the FZ1 in 06. Fueling and suspension was a joke. Yamaha changed both in 07.
Not sure what to do now?
PAULIBIKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #694
Bama67
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULIBIKER View Post
I'm thinking twice about the deposit I put down. I remember when Yamaha re-did the FZ1 in 06. Fueling and suspension was a joke. Yamaha changed both in 07.
Not sure what to do now?
This is true, the FZ1 fueling was a nightmare, one of the reasons I chose the bandit 1250 back then.

But I am sure you will hate your new FZ9; you should probably just let me have it.
Bama67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #695
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadscum View Post
Don't care, as I would put a pipe on it anyway and I know a wizard tuner with a dyno!

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #696
Gootch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 789
Quote:

Or a leftover FZ8 - they should be going dirt cheap soon. The suspension and exhaust can changes for 2013 have the reviewers singing the FZ8's praises. And imho it is a much better looking bike than the FZ9 and has a more properly slightly aggressive riding position, as well as a bigger tank (and of course more weight and a little less power). I rode a Str3 R at a "fun" dealership and loved it but realized I would almost certainly lose my license -- that bike just demands you ride it aggressively and fast (far more than my old CBR 600 does).

I guess I'm like everyone else; I want to see a FZ9 in person and maybe snag a test ride.
Gootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #697
Bama67
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 332
Two full days with no interest in the coolest bike coming down the pipe? Shameful.
Bama67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #698
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 1,016
This seems to happen on most all "soon to be released" threads. With no ride reports, no accessories available, the same pics and specs being shown in magazines, etc, there's just not much new to talk about, here. Once available, this will hopefully be a hot spot of conversation about the FZ/MT... Couple of more months, I hear... dd50
Old 07-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #699
Colorado_Rider
Banned

Oddometer: 1,026
Sadly the new triple isn't $8000, it will be about $9300 or more after the dealers gets is d*** out of your a@@. Plus tax on the full amount as opposed to telling the DMV you payed whatever you want to from a private owner.

Used street triple are really hard to find becuase people love them so much.
Colorado_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #700
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Nature of the "purchase of any style vehicle" beast. Seems everyone wants a piece of you. Taxes, you can't change, but delivery, set up, paperwork, documentation fees are normally all negotiable if the item is selling for MSRP, which happens a lot with motorcycle sales.

BTW, in Texas now, you can't give any purchase price, even with bill of sale, that doesn't match their price guide lines when paying sales taxes. I paid more tax than my purchase price required on a bike, last year. No negotiation, "you owe us this much", period...
Old 07-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #701
vicster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 956
Was anyone else who has seen this bike in person left with the impression there is no ground clearance? I saw it at Laguna Seca, and that exhaust system looked awfully close to the ground to me. I thought maybe they just had a lowered one on display, but every one I looked at was the same.
vicster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:34 PM   #702
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Doesn't look lower than the 6N. Had one of these and they were fine over street bumps, etc. I checked several sites but FZ GC wasn't noted on any of them...
Old 07-30-2013, 07:28 AM   #703
Paulvt1 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,468
My local dealer had a familiarisation day with the Yamaha UK corporate bods by the looks of it..

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=d247342b76
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:37 AM   #704
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulvt1 View Post
My local dealer had a familiarisation day with the Yamaha UK corporate bods by the looks of it..

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=d247342b76
The black wheels on the black bike look better, IMO. The bike definitely needs a fly screen to smooth out the deformed look above the headlight. For some reason I expected the bike to be big but judging from the pics, it looks smallish.

Thanks for the link. I can't wait to see one up close and personal.

nlp

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #705
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,099
For the love of god when is someone going to ride this damn thing?
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote