Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #91
okiegtrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljr View Post
No US product I assume.

Asphalt and Rubber is reporting just this evening that this one is coming to the U.S. too

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bike...09/#more-44248
okiegtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #92
elamofo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
US Pricing

$8k. Pretty good deal.
elamofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #93
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,848
An FZ-09 in the USA at $7,990 MSRP...Replacing the Yamaha FZ8 and 53 lbs lighter. WTF!! YAMAHA has had a brain hemorrhage..

Looks like this beast is more about engine tech than feature lists.

How are you supposed to show that off to people at Starbucks

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten

GrahamD screwed with this post 06-11-2013 at 06:57 PM
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #94
elamofo
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
An FZ-09 in the USA at $7,990 MSRP...Replacing the Yamaha FZ8 and 53 lbs lighter. WTF!! YAMAHA has had a brain hemorrhage..

It's got V-Max bits - variable-length intake funnels.

Looks like this beast is more about engine tech than feature lists.

How are you supposed to show that off to people at Starbucks

Those 4 bolts where the windscreen would go makes it look like there was actually supposed to be a windscreen but they forgot to attach it.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #95
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elamofo View Post
Those 4 bolts where the windscreen would go makes it look like there was actually supposed to be a windscreen but they forgot to attach it.
Well sorry but windscreens are so Passe'. So last year. And it would be too DARK to be legal.

And those intake funnels are Varied length not Variable length it seems. Just means that each one is a different length.

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
Old 06-11-2013, 07:23 PM   #96
awork13
Gas was made to burn

Oddometer: 312
If it handles half decent then its going to be a hoot. It weights 14 more lbs than the street triple, has 10 more hp, 13 more lbs ft of tq, and cost $1,400 less....
The only real down fall is the fuel capacity.

Hell the bike is cheaper than the Suzuki SFV650 by $9 !!!!
2009 CRF150R

awork13 screwed with this post 06-11-2013 at 08:20 PM
awork13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:42 PM   #97
single
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
I'm sorry but it's 2013. How the F does Yamaha still not put ABS on it's newly developed motorcycles even as an option?
single is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #98
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by single View Post
I'm sorry but it's 2013. How the F does Yamaha still not put ABS on it's newly developed motorcycles even as an option?
Because if they did a bunch of other people would complain about the ABS. Maybe they did their homework and decided that more people in Merka would not like ABS than do like ABS.

Maybe YAMAHA Merka will think about it once all the whining dies down and they see some actual sales figures.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #99
ferrix
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 629
Quote:
Because if they did a bunch of other people would complain about the ABS. Maybe they did their homework and decided that more people in Merka would not like ABS than do like ABS.

Maybe YAMAHA Merka will think about it once all the whining dies down and they see some actual sales figures.
It will be offered with ABS in Europe, so yeah - This is totally fault of your local distributor and their marketing strategies, not Yamaha and their engineering.
ferrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #100
single
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrix View Post
It will be offered with ABS in Europe, so yeah - This is totally fault of your local distributor and their marketing strategies, not Yamaha and their engineering.
Absolutely, it's totally a problem with the US division of Yamaha not importing these. I thought with the new bikes they might change, but alas no such luck.

All 6 of the motorcycles sold in US in the "super sport" category do not come with ABS, not even as an option. 4/6 of those models come with ABS in other markets. There really is no excuse.
single is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:24 PM   #101
pjensen641
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 306
Wow, they definitely hit the price point! Jeez, why couldn't they have squeezed another gallon in there!! It looks bulkier than the Street Triple, and definitely not as clean. Seems like a nice improvement over the FZ8

Past Rides: '82 GL500, '00 YZ426, '01 DRZ400S, '04 ST4S
pjensen641 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #102
elamofo
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:

I'm actively looking for my next bike. I will not buy one without abs. There's a sales figure.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #103
ferrix
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjensen641 View Post
It looks bulkier than the Street Triple, and definitely not as clean. Seems like a nice improvement over the FZ8
Funny, I would definitely never call Street Triple 'clean'. In fact I always thought it is a very messy bike - nothing on it is flowing or hidden from view...it is not meant as either praise or criticism, just an observation.
I will say that in my eyes FZ9's headlight is a great improvement on ST - but then as far as I'm concerned, anything would be.
ferrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #104
pjensen641
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrix View Post
Funny, I would definitely never call Street Triple 'clean'. In fact I always thought it is a very messy bike - nothing on it is flowing or hidden from view...it is not meant as either praise or criticism, just an observation.
I will say that in my eyes FZ9's headlight is a great improvement on ST - but then as far as I'm concerned, anything would be.
Yeah, I see what you are saying. I didn't mean it was necessarily smooth. It just doesn't look as busy. In a way it is smoother than the FZ. The tank and bodywork on the FZ look more faceted than the ST. The plastic fairings aside the gas tank are a bit sharp and cheap looking. The FZ looks to have a higher rise tank, but maybe its just because the ST has a higher tail? The FZ just looks a bit like a buffalo if you will

Past Rides: '82 GL500, '00 YZ426, '01 DRZ400S, '04 ST4S
pjensen641 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:20 PM   #105
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elamofo View Post
I'm actively looking for my next bike. I will not buy one without abs. There's a sales figure.
Good now make sure YAMAHA USA knows that.
Their eyes are probably still hurting from all the ABS bashing threads they have read.

Modern ABS is good and light. About time a few more people woke up to that fact.