ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2005, 07:39 PM   #16
toothy OP
Grin

Oddometer: 14,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooper
I attended the last two years... only found a half dozen Dual Sports in attendance. Lots (1000's) of H-D cruisers all nice and shiny. Most of the riders are 401K raiders trying to live the H-D lifestyle for a few hours. I suggest that we/you all show up after some real dirty trail riding to show them what real adventure riding is about! Adventure Riding T-shirts are a must!

Welcome to ADVrider.

Pick-up your leather vest, denim jacket and ADVrider colors in the schwag link at the bottom of the page.

As for hazing, our innitiation ritual consists of you adding posts in Jo Mamma and letting the members of the "click" tear into you. Simple really.

Old 07-27-2005, 08:14 PM   #17
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,617
Here's the deal with the Oyster Run. 30,000 v-twin open piped riding slack-jaws hunker into town, spend 5$ for a burnt bloody oyster, and 5$ for a cup of bud lite, with their riding partners big fat-ass cheeks being split by the sissy bar and the bitch pad. 5 mile line-ups in and out, Washington State Patrol and Skagit County Partol Revenue Generation watching for something as slight as your fly being unzipped.
Great time, been there many times! Go there simply to see what life is like on the other side of the barbed wire! I'll be there on my Norton, seems an old Brit is have respected by the bunch that shows up there.
Ciao, Steve G.
Vancouver B.C.
Steve G. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 10:27 PM   #18
toothy OP
Grin

Oddometer: 14,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve G.
Go there simply to see what life is like on the other side of the barbed wire! I'll be there on my Norton, seems an old Brit is have respected by the bunch that shows up there.
Ciao, Steve G.
Vancouver B.C.

Or join us. Either way.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:29 PM   #19
gentry
For Reasons Unknown...

Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve G.
Here's the deal with the Oyster Run. 30,000 v-twin open piped riding slack-jaws hunker into town, spend 5$ for a burnt bloody oyster, and 5$ for a cup of bud lite, with their riding partners big fat-ass cheeks being split by the sissy bar and the bitch pad. 5 mile line-ups in and out, Washington State Patrol and Skagit County Partol Revenue Generation watching for something as slight as your fly being unzipped.
Great time, been there many times! Go there simply to see what life is like on the other side of the barbed wire! I'll be there on my Norton, seems an old Brit is have respected by the bunch that shows up there.
Ciao, Steve G.
Vancouver B.C.

Split ass-cheeks??? Im there!

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 04:52 PM   #20
Darin
WYSIWYG (WIZ-zee-wig)

Oddometer: 594
Oh hell yea, the muddier the better, who know of some muddy trails in around that area, I'm IN!!

Last time I ate a dozen oysters, only 5 of them worked!

Darin
05 640 Adv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooper
I attended the last two years... only found a half dozen Dual Sports in attendance. Lots (1000's) of H-D cruisers all nice and shiny. Most of the riders are 401K raiders trying to live the H-D lifestyle for a few hours. I suggest that we/you all show up after some real dirty trail riding to show them what real adventure riding is about! Adventure Riding T-shirts are a must!
- pencils miss spel words
- cars make people drive drunk.
- Spoons made Rosie O’Donnell fat.

I'm a firm believer of the 2nd Amendment

http://ktmdarin.smugmug.com

Darin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 06:02 PM   #21
batfink
squid vicious

Oddometer: 188
I've been there a couple of times. It's a really fun gig actually. There's some MENTAL hog riders that go there as well. I've never seen more weird throttle contraptions and bikes lookin like something out of Mad Max.

I think out of the 30,000 riders or so that go (and I believe the Oyster Run is the biggest HD convention next to Sturgis) they have about 20 teeth amongst the whole lot And there's a whooooooooole lot of big bums there too. Good times.

The mini version of this can be had over at the Alki Tavern on taco thursday or tuesday or whatever day it is.

PEACE!
batfink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 10:33 AM   #22
RuneSpyder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
I'm in, if only to watch the freak show. That was always the best part of Laughlin. Maybe someone familiar with the area can put together a map of some back roads to take on the way out there?
RuneSpyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 02:04 PM   #23
Guaglione
Country mice

Oddometer: 2,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by batfink
I've been there a couple of times. It's a really fun gig actually. There's some MENTAL hog riders that go there as well. I've never seen more weird throttle contraptions and bikes lookin like something out of Mad Max.

I think out of the 30,000 riders or so that go (and I believe the Oyster Run is the biggest HD convention next to Sturgis) they have about 20 teeth amongst the whole lot And there's a whooooooooole lot of big bums there too. Good times.

The mini version of this can be had over at the Alki Tavern on taco thursday or tuesday or whatever day it is.

PEACE!
Did somebady say big bums???

"This is the sort of ardent pedantry up with which I will not put."
Winston Churchill
Guaglione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:10 PM   #24
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oddometer: 3,140
Any thoughts of maybe turning this into a three day trip?? Maybe we could leave approx 12:00 friday so the working stiffs can get a mornings worth of work, head out and stay friday night some place and then travel up to the San Juans for some riding back down to Anacortes for Saturday night. If we get on the band wagon early we may still find a hotel in town that we can book some rooms.

Oh also bump for freshness
Old 08-15-2005, 10:08 AM   #25
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Bump again, any takers on a long weekend?
Old 08-15-2005, 07:28 PM   #26
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

So is there anybody interested in doing a long weekend starting Friday Sept 23 and wraping up on Sunday 25th at the Oyster run? We could do some riding on the Peninsula, Canada, the coast or you name it. I'm looking open that whole weekend. Is there even anybody planing on going to the Oyster Run? Anybody even reading this or am I just writing to my self in Cyberspace
Old 08-15-2005, 11:25 PM   #27
das Rider
Professional Hobbyist

Oddometer: 719
Count me in.

Add my name to the list of attendees. I'll mark my calendar and watch for ride updates. This sounds like a GS ride to me.

http://laceyphoto.smugmug.com/
das Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 11:38 PM   #28
Foto Veloce
The Free Radical

Oddometer: 376
I'll likely be there if not in Baja at the time. Thing is.. do I go with my local sport bike club, sport-touring club or the tre cool and bad-azz ADV group? Oh.. to have such dilemas.. :) See ya'll there one way or the other.

BTW. there was talk of getting on a WSF.. This is in Anacortes right.. why would you need to get on a boat?!!??!?!
Old 08-16-2005, 07:12 AM   #29
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foto Veloce
BTW. there was talk of getting on a WSF.. This is in Anacortes right.. why would you need to get on a boat?!!??!?!
The boat ride will be cheep if were going to Anacortes I think that was if we put together a weekend ride to the San Juans, Canada or some other place like that.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:36 AM   #30
Foto Veloce
The Free Radical

Oddometer: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSguy
I think that was if we put together a weekend ride to the San Juans, Canada or some other place like that.
Now you have my undivided attention!!!!