Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2013, 11:14 PM   #151
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 40,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
I can't hear you! Brady was a sixth round pick.....don't forget.
Yeah, it was all the Boy Blunder. That's it.

or maybe it was one of those good talent getting passed by thing? or that other guy what's his name? Belichick? The one that Brady apes in mannerisms and intonations?

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:40 AM   #152
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
Yeah, it was all the Boy Blunder. That's it.

or maybe it was one of those good talent getting passed by thing? or that other guy what's his name? Belichick? The one that Brady apes in mannerisms and intonations?
Watch the sideline.......
Old 10-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #153
OuttaMyWay
I shook his hand!!!!1!!

Oddometer: 8,348
How about Cricket Bowler?

Weird throwing motion...
Ball is supposed to bounce before it hits the target...
Super polite...

Sounds perfect!

Do you not have a sliver of any vague idea of what the fuck your talking about, or is this some sort of performance art about the limitations of man?
--KaceCoyote
OuttaMyWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:37 AM   #154
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaMyWay View Post
How about Cricket Bowler?

Weird throwing motion...
Ball is supposed to bounce before it hits the target...
Super polite...

Sounds perfect!
Nothing weird about it, ball doesn't have to bounce (one that's doesn't is called a full toss ) and it's not nearly as polite as you think - esp when England play the convicts.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:54 PM   #155
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,497
Anyone notice Tebow's still out of football?

"With Tim Tebow's NFL Prospects Fading, Could He End Up at Ohio State in 2014?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tim-teb...89--ncaaf.html
Bubwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:10 PM   #156
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubwheat View Post
Anyone notice Tebow's still out of football?

"With Tim Tebow's NFL Prospects Fading, Could He End Up at Ohio State in 2014?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tim-teb...89--ncaaf.html
Last thing I saw his agent was still trying to hook him up with a team....if that did not work he was going to start doing college broadcasting...I would assume in the SEC region somewhere to start. Can't recall if they said where.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:56 PM   #157
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

One more reason not to tune in to the SEC network...

"Tim Tebow hired by ESPN as college football analyst for SEC Network"
Old 12-31-2013, 02:03 PM   #158
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 75,930
Quote:
"Tim Tebow hired by ESPN as college football analyst for SEC Network"
I wonder if he'll have a hitch in his delivery?

When he calls a Hail Mary, will he feel he has to recite the entire prayer?

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:14 AM   #159
Jamie Z
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,707
You know, I'm not football fan, but I check out the statistic leaders now and then and when there's a game on TV, I'll usually watch it, and I like watching highlights...

But anyway, the guys who know say Tebow isn't a good quarterback, but I just can't believe that he's worse than every starting and backup quarterback in the league, not to mention the teams who carry a third-stringer and all the practice squad QBs. Shit, the Cowboys brought a guy out of retirement and didn't even look at Tebow. Green Bay started a guy from their practice squad.

He's not really that bad, is he?

I'm not even a Tebow fan, but when I read about all the crap some of these guys do, beating up their wives and girlfriends, stealing and cheating, murdering people, I guess I'd rather see a guy like Tebow get in there.

I'm not sure he'll be much of an analyst. But, I suppose he can be good at whatever he sets his mind to.

Jamie

Budget Travel the Jamie Z Way
Jamie Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:08 AM   #160
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Z View Post
...snipped.. But, I suppose he can be good at whatever he sets his mind to.

Jamie
Well, yes he can, except for QB.

But I really question his commitment. He could do the Flutie, play elsewhere, prove he's good, and then live his dream. Seems he wants the big time, but he wants it given to him.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:12 AM   #161
docwells7
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,251
Quote:

But I really question his commitment. He could do the Flutie, play elsewhere, prove he's good, and then live his dream. Seems he wants the big time, but he wants it given to him.
I don't know if your being honest or a jerk, but Trent Dilfer did a report on Tim last weekend. He's been working with QB coaches in Florida (They have worked extensively with Brady) trying to fix his release and make better throws. Dilfer wasn't a good QB, but in watching his coverage during the NFL season, I've come to appreciate his opinion as a QB analyst. He went down to the camp where Tim has been working and put him through an impromptu pro-day and he says he's impressed with the changes he saw in Tim's motion, footwork and decision making. Bottom line, he said he's 'put in the work and deserves a chance.'
I actually applaud his decision. What good would it do for him to continue playing for lower level teams if he's not going to make an effort to correct his problems first. I know a number of players aren't fond of Tim, but I have never, once, heard a player say that he didn't work as hard or harder than any other player on the team.
I honestly hope he moves on into broadcasting or mission work. I'd love to see him get another chance, but I think that train has moved on. When I saw the crawl on ESPN with the heading 'Tebow back to the NFL?' I rolled my eyes, but like I said, Dilfer has never been known as a shill, so maybe he'll get a chance...
IBA#25276
Airhead#9654
docwells7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:12 AM   #162
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by docwells7 View Post
I don't know if your being honest or a jerk, but Trent Dilfer did a report on Tim last weekend. He's been working with QB coaches in Florida (They have worked extensively with Brady) trying to fix his release and make better throws. Dilfer wasn't a good QB, but in watching his coverage during the NFL season, I've come to appreciate his opinion as a QB analyst. He went down to the camp where Tim has been working and put him through an impromptu pro-day and he says he's impressed with the changes he saw in Tim's motion, footwork and decision making. Bottom line, he said he's 'put in the work and deserves a chance.'
I actually applaud his decision. What good would it do for him to continue playing for lower level teams if he's not going to make an effort to correct his problems first. I know a number of players aren't fond of Tim, but I have never, once, heard a player say that he didn't work as hard or harder than any other player on the team.
I honestly hope he moves on into broadcasting or mission work. I'd love to see him get another chance, but I think that train has moved on. When I saw the crawl on ESPN with the heading 'Tebow back to the NFL?' I rolled my eyes, but like I said, Dilfer has never been known as a shill, so maybe he'll get a chance...
I saw that report, which I thought was pretty even handed. But, does that prove anything to the people that might want to hire him? With all of the talent coming out of college and starting at a high level their first year or 2, why would you want a guy that had his chance and blew it?

I also think he's a presence on camera and generally did a great job from what little I saw. He found something he's good at, and you most likely will never find a better guy for the SEC Network.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:43 PM   #163
wxwax
Excited Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Z View Post
He's not really that bad, is he?
Yeah, he kinda is. But he also brings with him a huge amount of baggage of his own making. The combination of his weak skills and immense ability to be a distraction makes the package that is Tim Tebow unemployable in the NFL.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 01-09-2014, 08:45 PM   #164
wxwax
Excited Member

Quote:

I agree. If he really wants it, go to Canada. I think at least one team was interested. Flutie and Warren Moon made it back.

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 01-09-2014, 08:47 PM   #165
wxwax
Excited Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by docwells7 View Post
He went down to the camp where Tim has been working and put him through an impromptu pro-day and he says he's impressed with the changes he saw in Tim's motion, footwork and decision making. Bottom line, he said he's 'put in the work and deserves a chance.'
The problem is that Tebow did that whole routine once before. And once he got into games he reverted to his old throwing style. I guess it's just too ingrained?

I agree with you, he should move on if he's not going to play in Canada (assuming a team there wants him.)

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: