User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2013, 07:38 PM   #61
koncha

Oddometer: 10,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
They are talking the Raiders are interested......that would make my day!
Ugh. Every pundit says that about every prospect that isn't getting public attention from other teams.
koncha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:00 PM   #62
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDill View Post
I always assumed that that they signed Tebow so that each player on the Patriots had the opportunity to become a better human being by spending a few minutes with him.......
Yeah, that Brady guy is a real hoodlum.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:01 PM   #63
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
Originally Posted by koncha View Post
Ugh. Every pundit says that about every prospect that isn't getting public attention from other teams.
I so hope it happens! You can't imagine how much.
And even better, have him beat the Bronco's while there.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:06 PM   #64
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Oddometer: 4,102
Quote:
Yeah, that Brady guy is a real hoodlum.
You aren't familiar with the Gary Danielson hyperbolic quote are you?
ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:10 PM   #65
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,796
Quote:
They are talking the Raiders are interested......that would make my day!
Ahhh yes, that would put the final nail in the coffin for sure for Tebow. Radiers = QB killer!

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:44 PM   #66
Norhasken
Tryin' to find my way

Oddometer: 18,228
Raiders; where Quarterbacks go to be ruined.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:05 PM   #67
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norhasken View Post
Raiders; where Quarterbacks go to be ruined.
Kenny Stabler, Jim Plunkett, Jeff Hostetler...as I recall they had nice runs in Raider nation. Just to name a few.

Recently it has been a rough position to be in there. Palmer put up some decent numbers even so.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:14 AM   #68
Norhasken
Tryin' to find my way

Oddometer: 18,228
Quote:
Kenny Stabler, Jim Plunkett, Jeff Hostetler...as I recall they had nice runs in Raider nation. Just to name a few.

Recently it has been a rough position to be in there. Palmer put up some decent numbers even so.
It's been a while.

2012 Carson Palmer (15) / Terrelle Pryor (1)
2011 Carson Palmer (9) / Jason Campbell (6) / Kyle Boller (1)
2010 Jason Campbell (12) / Bruce Gradkowski (4)
2009 JaMarcus Russell (9) / Bruce Gradkowski (4) / Charlie Frye (3)
2008 JaMarcus Russell (15) / Andrew Walter (1)
2007 Josh McCown (9) / Daunte Culpepper (6) / JaMarcus Russell (1)
2006 Andrew Walter (8) / Aaron Brooks (8)
2005 Kerry Collins (15) / Marques Tuiasosopo (1)
2004 Kerry Collins (13) / Rich Gannon (3)
2003 Rick Mirer (8) / Rich Gannon (7) / Marques Tuiasosopo (1)
2002 Rich Gannon (16)
2001 Rich Gannon (16)
2000 Rich Gannon (16)
1999 Rich Gannon (16)
1998 Jeff George (7) / Donald Hollas (6) / Wade Wilson (3)
1997 Jeff George (16)

Norhasken screwed with this post 09-01-2013 at 08:39 AM
Norhasken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #69
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
Canada is his only real option. I think they want him. This is a test of his desire to play and grow.If he really wants to play, he'll go up there and hope to pull a Flutie. I'm not sure his ego will permit him to do that, though.
Big difference between Flutie and Tebow, Flutie had talent, his only problem, or so the NFL experts said, was that he was too short.
Bubwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:38 AM   #70
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
With two national championships and a Heisman, that is going to be difficult to swallow.
Peter Principle
The Peter Principle is a proposition that states that the members of an organization where promotion is based on achievement, success, and merit will eventually be promoted beyond their level of ability.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #71
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubwheat View Post
Peter Principle
The Peter Principle is a proposition that states that the members of an organization where promotion is based on achievement, success, and merit will eventually be promoted beyond their level of ability.

And I bet you keep your fleas in a jar.

The kid has incredible athletic talent, now all he needs is a proper teacher and he would be fine. Unfortunately, he now finds himself where no one has that kind of time to help him get to the level expected. He was able to use his natural talent to succeed and not taught the discipline expected of an NFL QB. It is not that he cannot learn it, but that he should already know it. He should have gone to USC and he would already be there.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #72
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
And I bet you keep your fleas in a jar.

The kid has incredible athletic talent, now all he needs is a proper teacher and he would be fine. Unfortunately, he now finds himself where no one has that kind of time to help him get to the level expected. He was able to use his natural talent to succeed and not taught the discipline expected of an NFL QB. It is not that he cannot learn it, but that he should already know it. He should have gone to USC and he would already be there.
Please give it up. He'll never, ever be a starting pro quarterback no matter how much you wish it.

What don't you get that every pro team he's been on has cut him as not worth the fooking effort to do what you think will make him a starter, or hell even a 2nd stringer?
Old 09-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #73
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubwheat View Post
Please give it up. He'll never, ever be a starting pro quarterback no matter how much you wish it.

What don't you get that every pro team he's been on has cut him as not worth the fooking effort to do what you think will make him a starter, or hell even a 2nd stringer?
Ummm, he was a second stringer, then a starter and won a playoff game. There are numerous NFL QB's that have never accomplished that. I think you just don't like him and that is fine. Does not take away from his athletic ability, because you do not like him though. Same sad song was sung about Flutie at this point in his career too. He is too small, he can't hit the targets, he just throws it because he can't see, he can't....blah blah blah...you name it, it was said. I still liked him too, even though others didn't. All he ever did was win when given a chance. Several Grey cups, CFL passing records, and then back to the NFL where he had a winning record. Tebow could easily do the same thing. Warren Moon did that as well. Waxy may be correct in that is the appropriate approach for his career.

J E T S is a non-starter to begin with. That is worse than an Oakland sentence. So I do not even consider that a qualifier. If it were not for the whole TE mess, the Pats would have kept him and worked with him. Josh does not have to spend a ton of time teaching Brady at this point...he could easily devote time to Mallett and Tebow. If no one picks him up, I would not be surprised if they do not put him on the practice squad. Bill does that all the time. Especially when he thinks it is a safe pass for the 53 MR. Elway just wanted someone like him, and I can't blame him for that. Going to be hard to find someone like him though...I don't think Manning has the same killer instinct that John has. He may be better on the finesse, but Elway was a gamer no matter the circumstance. While Tebow is a gamer, he has a long way to go to play like Elway. I understand why John wanted change. 5 years from now that team that is ready will be past their prime. He needed a guy now.

You will recall Steve Young and Aaron Rodgers; just to name a couple brought up the old school way. There is some wisdom in patience and school time. And the success was in the pudding, not the mixing bowl.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #74
Hodag
native

Oddometer: 22,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norhasken View Post
It's been a while.

2012 Carson Palmer (15) / Terrelle Pryor (1)
2011 Carson Palmer (9) / Jason Campbell (6) / Kyle Boller (1)
2010 Jason Campbell (12) / Bruce Gradkowski (4)
2009 JaMarcus Russell (9) / Bruce Gradkowski (4) / Charlie Frye (3)
2008 JaMarcus Russell (15) / Andrew Walter (1)
2007 Josh McCown (9) / Daunte Culpepper (6) / JaMarcus Russell (1)
2006 Andrew Walter (8) / Aaron Brooks (8)
2005 Kerry Collins (15) / Marques Tuiasosopo (1)
2004 Kerry Collins (13) / Rich Gannon (3)
2003 Rick Mirer (8) / Rich Gannon (7) / Marques Tuiasosopo (1)
2002 Rich Gannon (16)
2001 Rich Gannon (16)
2000 Rich Gannon (16)
1999 Rich Gannon (16)
1998 Jeff George (7) / Donald Hollas (6) / Wade Wilson (3)
1997 Jeff George (16)
bert farve
rogers

packers qbs
Hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #75
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Ummm, he was a second stringer, then a starter and won a playoff game. There are numerous NFL QB's that have never accomplished that. I think you just don't like him and that is fine. Does not take away from his athletic ability, because you do not like him though. Same sad song was sung about Flutie at this point in his career too. He is too small, he can't hit the targets, he just throws it because he can't see, he can't....blah blah blah...you name it, it was said. I still liked him too, even though others didn't. All he ever did was win when given a chance. Several Grey cups, CFL passing records, and then back to the NFL where he had a winning record. Tebow could easily do the same thing. Warren Moon did that as well. Waxy may be correct in that is the appropriate approach for his career.

J E T S is a non-starter to begin with. That is worse than an Oakland sentence. So I do not even consider that a qualifier. If it were not for the whole TE mess, the Pats would have kept him and worked with him. Josh does not have to spend a ton of time teaching Brady at this point...he could easily devote time to Mallett and Tebow. If no one picks him up, I would not be surprised if they do not put him on the practice squad. Bill does that all the time. Especially when he thinks it is a safe pass for the 53 MR. Elway just wanted someone like him, and I can't blame him for that. Going to be hard to find someone like him though...I don't think Manning has the same killer instinct that John has. He may be better on the finesse, but Elway was a gamer no matter the circumstance. While Tebow is a gamer, he has a long way to go to play like Elway. I understand why John wanted change. 5 years from now that team that is ready will be past their prime. He needed a guy now.

You will recall Steve Young and Aaron Rodgers; just to name a couple brought up the old school way. There is some wisdom in patience and school time. And the success was in the pudding, not the mixing bowl.
You are loyal, I'll give you that!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: