Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2013, 12:04 AM   #76
koncha

Oddometer: 10,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norhasken View Post
It's been a while.

2012 Carson Palmer (15) / Terrelle Pryor (1)
2011 Carson Palmer (9) / Jason Campbell (6) / Kyle Boller (1)
2010 Jason Campbell (12) / Bruce Gradkowski (4)
2009 JaMarcus Russell (9) / Bruce Gradkowski (4) / Charlie Frye (3)
2008 JaMarcus Russell (15) / Andrew Walter (1)
2007 Josh McCown (9) / Daunte Culpepper (6) / JaMarcus Russell (1)
2006 Andrew Walter (8) / Aaron Brooks (8)
2005 Kerry Collins (15) / Marques Tuiasosopo (1)
2004 Kerry Collins (13) / Rich Gannon (3)
2003 Rick Mirer (8) / Rich Gannon (7) / Marques Tuiasosopo (1)
2002 Rich Gannon (16)
2001 Rich Gannon (16)
2000 Rich Gannon (16)
1999 Rich Gannon (16)
1998 Jeff George (7) / Donald Hollas (6) / Wade Wilson (3)
1997 Jeff George (16)
Shame Gradkowski couldn't stay healthy.
koncha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:30 AM   #77
RhinoVonHawkrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,408
Shrineclown

I believe Doug Flutie's knock was too short to see over the linemen, I don't remember accuracy as an issue.

And accuracy is Tebow's main problem. As stated prior, I'm far from a TT fan, but he has won at every level. But now he's in the top of the food chain & his inability to connect to an open receiver has shown.

Maybe he can correct that, but I also think he's confidence is shot as well.

Lastly, if this is the worst thing to happen to ole Timmy, he'll be OK. He's got Jesus in his corner, he'll be just fine.

Sent from the basement. Hey Ma more meatloaf.
Until the colour of a man's skin - Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes -Me say war RNM
RhinoVonHawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #78
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoVonHawkrider View Post
Shrineclown

I believe Doug Flutie's knock was too short to see over the linemen, I don't remember accuracy as an issue.

And accuracy is Tebow's main problem. As stated prior, I'm far from a TT fan, but he has won at every level. But now he's in the top of the food chain & his inability to connect to an open receiver has shown.

Lastly, if this is the worst thing to happen to ole Timmy, he'll be OK. He's got Jesus in his corner, he'll be just fine.

Jesus must not like NFL football.
Bubwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #79
OuttaMyWay
I shook his hand!!!!1!!

Oddometer: 8,391
Tim Tebow to the Packers

GB have cut all their backup QBs.

Do you not have a sliver of any vague idea of what the fuck your talking about, or is this some sort of performance art about the limitations of man?
--KaceCoyote
OuttaMyWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:26 AM   #80
OuttaMyWay
I shook his hand!!!!1!!

Oddometer: 8,391
Seneca Wallace

Jesus hates the Pack

Do you not have a sliver of any vague idea of what the fuck your talking about, or is this some sort of performance art about the limitations of man?
--KaceCoyote
OuttaMyWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #81
Jim Moore
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,050
I thought he played pretty well the last game. I was a little surprised when they cut him.

Pay the lady, PirateJohn, you thieving piece of garbage.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=949341
Jim Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #82
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,981
Quote:
Shrineclown

Watch some old tapes if you can find them of those early days....the huck and hope he runs under it is not that successful in the NFL. There was more contrition about him than I can remember. However, he did figure out how to get it done and when he returned to the NFL was an asset.

Tebow can clean up his form and he will be fine. He is still trying to throw with his feet all over the place. He has cleaned up the arm motion significantly from when he left UF. So I am sure the right tutor can work out the rest of the bugs in his mechanics. By all accounts the team was pretty fond of him, so I will not be surprised if he comes back to the practice squad. McDaniels, no matter how hated he is here, is a guy who can help him get where he needs to be.

Accuracy in all things requires repetition of exact steps. Golf, shooting...anything. That is why duffers spend so much time hitting thousands of balls. When one little thing is off, it goes to the wild. Football throwing is not nearly as hard as pro golf if you have the arm and core strength, which he does. Whoever picks him up, if they do, really needs a good QB coach dedicated to helping him with not playing college style wild child; focusing on the exact same steps over and over. There has been improvement already in his mechanics, more needs to come. He is still young, if he wants to do it badly enough, he will.

To ping him for not being able to command Tom Brady's offense in six weeks is just not fair to him. There are very few who would be able to do that. Not only that, most of you never saw him playing with the starters. The practice I went to, he did not look that bad on his rotation. That is also not under heavy pressure, I agree. He was playing with other guys trying to figure it out at the same time he was and make the team. Others mistakes make you look off the mark when you are a QB too. Not that that is an excuse for his accuracy, but may explain some of the sacks. If it was one of the timed plays and the guy was not there and he was told not to run and gun........I was not in the huddle...just saying.

It is fair to not like him. The brand is huge and the feats on the field have not completely lived up to that. (and a lot of money was handed over along with draft positions.) But I think he is far from a throwaway. The boy has the will to win like few others. That is an intangible most coaches would appreciate. He won in high school, he won in college....I have no doubt he can figure this out if he really wants to.

And a little help from Jesus won't hurt him any either.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #83
RhinoVonHawkrider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
It is fair to not like him. The brand is huge and the feats on the field have not completely lived up to that. (and a lot of money was handed over along with draft positions.) But I think he is far from a throwaway. The boy has the will to win like few others. That is an intangible most coaches would appreciate. He won in high school, he won in college....I have no doubt he can figure this out if he really wants to.

And a little help from Jesus won't hurt him any either.
I'm not a fan since I'm a Gator Hater. That's a must when one is a fan of da U. I still cringe when Flutie & BC is mentioned, kinda like Bucky F'in Dent for U, si?

But on the other hand I like underdogs - so I'm kinda rooting for Timmy - he's got heart & passion for the game. Maybe a CFL stint might help, dunno.
Until the colour of a man's skin - Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes -Me say war RNM
Old 09-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #84
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Oddometer: 4,245
Quote:
I'm not a fan since I'm a Gator Hater. That's a must when one is a fan of da U.
ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #85
RhinoVonHawkrider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDill View Post
U Got me - Its Ice Ice Baby here

LMAO

Every house has some skeletons
Old 09-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #86
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 76,702
Tebow isn't a good quarterback. Personally, I doubt he ever will be. After three years as a pro he still hasn't fixed his throwing motion. And his accuracy is not acceptable.

After three years of film study, practice and even some play, he still can't read a defense. Not even the vanilla defenses run by soon-to-be-cut players in the 4th pre-season game. He took 4 sacks and threw a pick against scrubs.

If he wants to prove himself, he'll have to go to Canada. Nobody wants him in the NFL because he's not good enough. And that's saying something. There are some terrible QB's on NFL payrolls. Hell, Brady Quinn has a job.

Some 70 to 90 guys will pull a paycheck as a NFL quarterback this season. That's 70 to 90 guys that the NFL's 32 GMs and 32 head coaches think are better than Tim Tebow. That's a pretty conclusive verdict.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:07 PM   #87
viajero
Too old to be a nOOb

Oddometer: 2,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
Tebow isn't a good quarterback. Personally, I doubt he ever will be. After three years as a pro he still hasn't fixed his throwing motion. And his accuracy is not acceptable.

After three years of film study, practice and even some play, he still can't read a defense. Not even the vanilla defenses run by soon-to-be-cut players in the 4th pre-season game. He took 4 sacks and threw a pick against scrubs.

If he wants to prove himself, he'll have to go to Canada. Nobody wants him in the NFL because he's not good enough. And that's saying something. There are some terrible QB's on NFL payrolls. Hell, Brady Quinn has a job.

Some 70 to 90 guys will pull a paycheck as a NFL quarterback this season. That's 70 to 90 guys that the NFL's 32 GMs and 32 head coaches think are better than Tim Tebow. That's a pretty conclusive verdict.
From what I've heard, CFL doesn't want him either.
viajero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:13 PM   #88
rbrsddn
3banger

Oddometer: 2,497
Those Mega chuches make a God damned killing! I think that will be his ultimate calling. It sure aint the NFL!
rbrsddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:24 AM   #89
RhinoVonHawkrider
Beastly Adventurer

TT says No to USARugby & CFL

Oh Timmy go play Rugby - U'll love it

http://tracking.si.com/2013/09/05/ti...hange-refusal/
Old 09-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #90
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,525
Quote:
TT says No to USARugby & CFL

Oh Timmy go play Rugby - U'll love it

http://tracking.si.com/2013/09/05/ti...hange-refusal/
Rumor has it that the unmentioned NFL team wanted him to be the Team Chaplain.
Bubwheat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: