wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 73,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoVonHawkrider View Post
TT says No to USARugby & CFL

Oh Timmy go play Rugby - U'll love it

http://tracking.si.com/2013/09/05/ti...hange-refusal/
He turned down CFL offers and will only play QB in the NFL.

His football career is over.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:30 PM   #92
OuttaMyWay
I shook his hand!!!!1!!

Oddometer: 8,141
From today’s Moscow Times-Picayune:

“We said PRAY for, not play for. Quarterback we got already.”

--Head Coach Boris Badenov

(Shamelessly plucked from the comments after a yahoo article)

Do you not have a sliver of any vague idea of what the fuck your talking about, or is this some sort of performance art about the limitations of man?
--KaceCoyote
OuttaMyWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:05 PM   #93
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
He turned down CFL offers and will only play QB in the NFL.

His football career is over.
Maybe not over! The 'Jags may be desperate enough to sign him!

Jaguars fans to hold rally to encourage team to sign Tim Tebow
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...tory?track=rss
Bubwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:36 PM   #94
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubwheat View Post
Maybe not over! The 'Jags may be desperate enough to sign him!

Jaguars fans to hold rally to encourage team to sign Tim Tebow
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...tory?track=rss
Silly as it may sound, I have been saying that since he left Denver. He would pack the house, and they need that. It would be a good pick up until he either proved he can play or not. If it is the latter, they won't be upset when he is gone.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #95
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 39,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
Silly as it may sound, I have been saying that since he left Denver. He would pack the house, and they need that. It would be a good pick up until he either proved he can play or not. If it is the latter, they won't be upset when he is gone.
With the Orlando TV affiliate having to apologize for airing their games, they sure need to shore up the fan base.

But... spoke with a recent Florida State grad--- she found Florida fans obnoxious, "and since Tebow they've been worse." Yeah, may be usual rivalry stuff, but U of Florida isn't the only University in Florida. So for every fan drawn in by Tebow, you may lose two more.

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #96
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
With the Orlando TV affiliate having to apologize for airing their games, they sure need to shore up the fan base.

But... spoke with a recent Florida State grad--- she found Florida fans obnoxious, "and since Tebow they've been worse." Yeah, may be usual rivalry stuff, but U of Florida isn't the only University in Florida. So for every fan drawn in by Tebow, you may lose two more.
I think he will get the hometown pass and be a huge impact, for the near future anywise.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #97
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Oddometer: 4,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post

So someone who couldn't get into UF finds Florida grads obnoxious? Imagine that....

Is she a season ticket holder who will give up her tix if Tebow is signed?

Tebow has detractors and there is signifcant Tebow fatigue, but he is still a cult figure down there........and who knows, maybe he'll be successful.....he was at Denver even if it was hard to watch at times.
ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #98
OuttaMyWay
I shook his hand!!!!1!!

Oddometer: 8,141
It will put an end to the "he's a winner" bullshit, that's for sure.

Do you not have a sliver of any vague idea of what the fuck your talking about, or is this some sort of performance art about the limitations of man?
--KaceCoyote
OuttaMyWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:56 PM   #99
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaMyWay View Post
It will put an end to the "he's a winner" bullshit, that's for sure.
LOL---or he wins with that lot of sad sacks and the roar will be deafening forever.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:33 PM   #100
koncha

Oddometer: 10,044
Quote:
LOL---or he wins with that lot of sad sacks and the roar will be deafening forever.
The jocularity of that state of Tebowmania may result in defecation in my pantaloons.
koncha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:53 PM   #101
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 73,743
Quote:
Short term benefit, long term problem.

So they sell a few more tickets this season. Next season they draft a QB and now they have to get rid of Tebow because he sucks. But as in Denver, it will cause problems.

In the meantime, you have the Tebow circus in town. The Jaguars are a team that's rebuilding from the bottom up. It's not a situation which can benefits from a circus.

No, Tebow may sell tickets. But he won't win games. He's not a long term solution. And he creates more problems than he solves. Best to bite the bullet on a sucky season and look to the future.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:27 AM   #102
docwells7
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,031
Quote:
I think he will get the hometown pass and be a huge impact, for the near future anywise.
The new owner of the Jags is trying to tank the franchise so he can move it to LA. I don't think he wants to fill the seats.
IBA#25276
Airhead#9654
docwells7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #103
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
Originally Posted by docwells7 View Post
The new owner of the Jags is trying to tank the franchise so he can move it to LA. I don't think he wants to fill the seats.

That could be true. However, he did not have to work too hard to make it any worse than it already was. You may be right about that, when they had opportunity to make a good move for the team, it seems they missed them. Perhaps it was on purpose.

And Waxy, Tebow proved he can win in the NFL. It may not be pretty, it may not be exciting (until the last five mminutes anyway), but at this point he has won more playoff games with the Bronco's than Manning has, and Manning had the better team to work with.(Not for long, though.) Yes, it will take a coach that will style the play to his strengths and not try to force him to overcome his weakness right away for him to be on the field. He is by far a write off at this point. He has always won from high school to the NFL. That did not happen by accident. He is athletic, his teammates like him and determined. All he needs is someone to teach him how to play the position like all the other QB's. (If the Patriots did not have so many other issues to deal with, I think they would have done just that. Remember, they signed him before the Hernandez issue was known. Mallett will never be considered a serious replacement for Brady. Nor is he nearly as athletic as Tebow.) And the business about him not being smart is just not true. He blazed through the NFL draft tests leaving many in awe of his ability to understand and repeat. (and then they watched him throw.....and many lost their awe.) What he needs is to refine his processes so he can look NFL and not sandlot. Some of the raps on his college throwing motion he has already fixed, there is more to be done. But I don't think I have seen him throw the same way twice in the NFL....I am sure that is an exaggeration. But he does not have the clean footwork and motion coaches are looking for. Had he gone to a situation like Aaron Rodgers did, he would have been much better off. That may be impossible for most teams, being famous like he is. Expectations are now...and it is going to be hard to make those corrections and prepare for weekly games too.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:18 AM   #104
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,806
Quote:
That could be true. However, he did not have to work too hard to make it any worse than it already was. You may be right about that, when they had opportunity to make a good move for the team, it seems they missed them. Perhaps it was on purpose.

And Waxy, Tebow proved he can win in the NFL. It may not be pretty, it may not be exciting (until the last five mminutes anyway), but at this point he has won more playoff games with the Bronco's than Manning has, and Manning had the better team to work with.(Not for long, though.) Yes, it will take a coach that will style the play to his strengths and not try to force him to overcome his weakness right away for him to be on the field. He is by far a write off at this point. He has always won from high school to the NFL. That did not happen by accident. He is athletic, his teammates like him and determined. All he needs is someone to teach him how to play the position like all the other QB's. (If the Patriots did not have so many other issues to deal with, I think they would have done just that. Remember, they signed him before the Hernandez issue was known. Mallett will never be considered a serious replacement for Brady. Nor is he nearly as athletic as Tebow.) And the business about him not being smart is just not true. He blazed through the NFL draft tests leaving many in awe of his ability to understand and repeat. (and then they watched him throw.....and many lost their awe.) What he needs is to refine his processes so he can look NFL and not sandlot. Some of the raps on his college throwing motion he has already fixed, there is more to be done. But I don't think I have seen him throw the same way twice in the NFL....I am sure that is an exaggeration. But he does not have the clean footwork and motion coaches are looking for. Had he gone to a situation like Aaron Rodgers did, he would have been much better off. That may be impossible for most teams, being famous like he is. Expectations are now...and it is going to be hard to make those corrections and prepare for weekly games too.
Haters gonna hate...
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #105
viajero
Too old to be a nOOb

Oddometer: 2,209
The whole Tebow thing reminds me of the Farve fiasco, which seemed to have no end.

Confine him to the round file already, please.
viajero is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: