Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2013, 10:37 AM   #151
CPRFAB OP
Banned

Oddometer: 208
We have been a little out of touch for the last week on a California adventure on our ADV 990 R. Big Sur then Monterrey to check on the factory KTM Superbike team HMC that runs Rottweiler Intake Systems. Fillmore pulled a nice 5th BTW. Then off to San Francisco and now on our 3rd day in Yosemite. Man we love that bike! Putting some exciting new parts through some durability testing. More on that later. We need to make sure our parts are protected from cheap copies this time so that tends to delay release a bit longer. Nothing hurts us more than working hard to bring a good product to the community and getting knocked off by someone with a measuring tape. We roll most of our profits back into R&D so look forward to some new stuff hopefully soon!

All prized have been received and we got PM's from everyone so thank you all. Looking forward to seeing them in action! We should be at the KTM rally in CO so if anyone is planning the trip please make sure and stop to see us!

Cheers,
Chris Parker
CPRFAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #152
laramie LC4
crash test dummy!

Oddometer: 2,351
sorry for the delay in getting this all installed. just still a little nervous about the mapping. think i might just go ahead and try the 2-1 map that CPR has on their website. if it is a bit rich, that is ok. gotta start somewhere i guess. im really kinda surprised that you don't have one for a 2-2 exhaust, in comparison not many people run the 2-1 system. just a thought...

thanks again,

laramie

'12 LC8 990R, '02 LC4 640, '05 WR 450f (part-out), '98 XR400R, '76 KE100, '05 525 (Step-Child)
laramie LC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #153
speedmonkey7
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by laramie LC4 View Post
sorry for the delay in getting this all installed. just still a little nervous about the mapping. think i might just go ahead and try the 2-1 map that CPR has on their website. if it is a bit rich, that is ok. gotta start somewhere i guess. im really kinda surprised that you don't have one for a 2-2 exhaust, in comparison not many people run the 2-1 system. just a thought...

thanks again,

laramie
Wouldn't the mapping for a 2-1 exhaust be a little leaner then for a dual with the intake? My thinking is that the 2-1 would flow less making it run, all else the same, a little richer so the mapping might compensate for that a little. Just don't want you to burn 'er up!
:eek:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 2

"Ride with caution . And be thankful cagers are slightly more predictable than marsupials."
-XRman (fellow inmate)
speedmonkey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #154
CPRFAB OP
Banned

Oddometer: 208
Mapping

We do have a map for a 2 x 2 exhaust and intake but it's a file that is the more consumer accessible and that is the Power Commander V. And what we mean by "accessible" is what tuners use more commonly as almost all the motorcycle dynos are made by Dyno Jet which also happens to make Powr Commander so they work hand in hand and the tuners are trained by dynojet most of the time. It's like asking someone who is trained in Photoshop to create a graphic for you, but only using Corel Draw. They accomplish the same thing, but in different enough ways that the user is not used to.

The files that we offer are more of a helping hand and some we made, and others we procured from reputable tuners and customers so anything "Tune ECU" was made by a tuner schooled in that which is rare when compared to PC.

There is one more alternative where if you are used to Tune ECU and its cylinder designation which is the same as KTM uses (cyl 1 in rear and cyl 2 in front) as opposed to Power Commander's cyl in front, we can send you screen shots of the enrichment percentages of any PC file we have and reversing the cylinders, you can hand duplicate the % values into Tune ECU. Swapping #1 cyl in PC for #2 in Tune ECU. That being said, the value grid speced out in Tune ECU has more fine tuned spaces than PC and you would have to split a 10% value from a space in the PC tables between possibly 2 spaces in Tune ECU.

Question is, is 10% on PC actually equate to 10%? And will it translate exactly into 10% in Tune ECU? Probably not exactly but it's like jetting in a carburetor just way more fine tuned as going from Jet to Jet in a carb may equate to a 5% change so (we believe) if you translate a PC table into a TECU table (Swapping cyls) you will certainly be very close / safe and will have a decent map. going to a dyno and checking AFRs after that would help you sleep, but not that necessary. You are guaranteed safe for sure.

We are (every once n a while) working on an Excel computer that will do the above by copying and pasting PC values against stock values to make a Tune ECU value grid that can then be copy and pasted back into the Tune ECU grid and done. (It will be easier than it sounds

Does any of that make sense?
CPRFAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:16 AM   #155
speedmonkey7
Gnarly Adventurer

Hey Laramie, any updates? How's she running?

"Ride with caution . And be thankful cagers are slightly more predictable than marsupials."
-XRman (fellow inmate)
Old 09-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #156
laramie LC4
crash test dummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmonkey7 View Post
Hey Laramie, any updates? How's she running?
have not had a chance to install it yet. hope to do so 2nd week of october. i have a week off work and should have enough time. i also just ordered the new "snap-out" and hope to have it to install everything at once.

i will keep ya posted. i'm getting pretty excited. i think the combo of the two is gonna make me smile!

laters,

laramie

'12 LC8 990R, '02 LC4 640, '05 WR 450f (part-out), '98 XR400R, '76 KE100, '05 525 (Step-Child)
Old 09-14-2013, 10:04 PM   #157
speedmonkey7
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by laramie LC4 View Post
have not had a chance to install it yet. hope to do so 2nd week of october. i have a week off work and should have enough time. i also just ordered the new "snap-out" and hope to have it to install everything at once.

i will keep ya posted. i'm getting pretty excited. i think the combo of the two is gonna make me smile!

laters,

laramie
Cool! I look forward to seeing how it all works out.

Cheers, Speedmonkey7

Tiny keyboards, autocorrect, and ADHD...

-XRman (fellow inmate)
Old 09-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #158
laramie LC4
crash test dummy!

it has begun....LINK

laramie