Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 03:44 PM   #46
CPRFAB OP
Banned

Oddometer: 208
We are huge fans of the Super Duke as well so those are certainly welcome. Anything our kits fit is okay.

Here is one of our test bikes in our new studio (minus the soon to come lista Cabinets) We are currently R&D'ing a track only exhaust.

CPRFAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #47
speedmonkey7
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 336
Ok here goes: I absolutely never thought I'd be able to afford one of these bikes. It's been my dream bike since I first laid eyes on it, but to say I have a small budget would be like saying Mr. Gates has a couple of dollars. My wife and I run a very small business here in Hawaii. Costs for everything are astronomical. I ended up rescuing my 06 950A from sitting, rusting for 4+ years. To his credit, the previous owner knew fully how good of deal he gave me because he knew this was my dream bike and he wanted to see it get ridden and loved, which has most definitely happened!
It sat on the ground sometimes covered others not, with fuel in it, so when I got it. I started tearing her down replacing rusty bolts, whole parts, gaskets, etc. It did come with the canisterectomy done, a jet kit and Leo Vince cans. I've now put 6500 miles on it in 8 months (lots of dirt too) on an island!! It's everything I could want in one bike and even better than I thought it could be off-road. I feel more at home on it than any of my previous bikes, more an extension of me than an object I'm riding.
I also got my first daughter about 10 days or so after the bike! Danica is awesome and I'm already planning for her first bike. That said, my once puny budget has been decimated, :eek:. I ride in used or clearance gear and put what money I can into my mistress. Now that I have the carbs cleaned up and dialed in, and the cans on, I'd like it to breathe better. I also ride as much as possible in the dirt, so I'd really like the foam filter of the Rottweiler intake to protect my baby. My Dad just retired and got an F800GS (I know, boo, but he wanted the lower seat height and mellow (boring) motor). We are planning to do the UTBDR next year after my wife and daughter and I move back to the mainland so my bike WILL be ridden in epic places. I am willing to take many pictures/videos and promote the Rottweiler intake and CPR Fab everywhere I go! I just need to get one first, and the way my Great Pumpkin is eating rear tires it is going to be a long time before I can afford one. So vote for the most well loved Great Pumpkin out there!

PS: Do I get bonus points for typing the above sob-story novel on my dinky little phone while my daughter sleeps on one arm? :

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 2

"Ride with caution . And be thankful cagers are slightly more predictable than marsupials."
-XRman (fellow inmate)
speedmonkey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #48
laramie LC4
crash test dummy!

Oddometer: 2,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmonkey7 View Post
I've now put 6500 miles on it in 8 months (lots of dirt too) on an island!! It's everything I could want in one bike and even better than I thought it could be off-road. I feel more at home on it than any of my previous bikes, more an extension of me than an object I'm riding.
well said. couldn't have said it better. have 6,000 now since i bought it new in December and it is hands down the most amazing bike i've ever owned.

Quote:
I also got my first daughter about 10 days or so after the bike! Danica is awesome and I'm already planning for her first bike.
awesome! gotta love your little girls. amazing how fast the grow up. take lot's of pics and spend the time. it will go faster than you think.

vote for speedmonkey!

laters,

laramie

'12 LC8 990R, '02 LC4 640, '05 WR 450f (part-out), '98 XR400R, '76 KE100, '05 525 (Step-Child)
laramie LC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #49
tacosupreme
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
Another vote for LaramieLC4, and I'll enter just to get him closer to a win. 3 more now?
My turd. I need more power, and a convenient way to clean the filter. I'm sure I'll end up with one at some point.

tacosupreme screwed with this post 06-17-2013 at 08:01 PM
tacosupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:12 PM   #50
speedmonkey7
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by laramie LC4 View Post
well said. couldn't have said it better. have 6,000 now since i bought it new in December and it is hands down the most amazing bike i've ever owned.

awesome! gotta love your little girls. amazing how fast the grow up. take lot's of pics and spend the time. it will go faster than you think.

vote for speedmonkey!

laters,

laramie
Hey thanks laramie! There will be no shortage of pictures of this little girl! The age of having your phone/camera around most of the time makes sure of that, lol. Dangit since your such a nice guy, I guess I have to give you a vote back, lol. I'll scrape up the cash to get one of these some day!

"Ride with caution . And be thankful cagers are slightly more predictable than marsupials."
-XRman (fellow inmate)
Old 06-17-2013, 09:39 PM   #51
desertkev
Charity Founder

Oddometer: 31
Thank you Brajole and zmotomann for the votes.
desertkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:29 PM   #52
Castleman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 319
You would be hard pressed to find a better guy than "laramie lc4" to give your intake to. He is a great person who endlessly helps other members with tech info to keep our sport healthy, a VERY worthy person.
Castleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:29 AM   #53
heinej
Joe

Oddometer: 24
a vote for laramieLC4-640

I vote laramieLC4!! Good guy.
Plus, that BST bible sure helped me as well.
Joe
heinej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #54
Sparrowhawk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,023
+1 for Laramie. I foresee another excellent write-up posted once he gets it mounted.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:02 AM   #55
ohpyramids
Latebird

Oddometer: 56
+1 desertkev. Get it in whenever you can!

Id like to enter as well. Bought my ktm smt 990 in January, and 3 days later rode 1000 miles through death valley from LA. Have been riding 6 days a week since then.

Id love to get a proper sounding intake on this thing!

ohpyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #56
CPRFAB OP
Banned

Oddometer: 208
Loving the pics guys! That's it, we are taking the rest of the week off, grabbing the Adventure and going wherever... Who want's to run the shop?
CPRFAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:14 PM   #57
airgord
What am I doing out here!

Oddometer: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by laramie LC4 View Post
i have been looking at these for my new '12 990R.

justy got done with a 1,400 mile loop of the grand canyon with my kid and absolutely LOVE the bike.

i have a new set of carbon leo vince cans that i bought from another adv vendor (ADV Motorrad) and really could use something to open up the front side of the bike.

ps- im also a poor spec ed teacher so spending $300 on the intake is out of the question now. sure would be nice to get one for free! i would be you new best friend!

thanks,

laramie
I vote for Laramie LC4, Good guy and a teacher!
Old 06-19-2013, 10:39 PM   #58
speedmonkey7
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by airgord View Post
I vote for Laramie LC4, Good guy and a teacher!
Yeah, after reading his stuff I agree, give it to Laramie, lol. He's awesome and far more knowledgeable than I! I'll watch for his install posts. :

-XRman (fellow inmate)
Old 06-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #59
SpeedyR
SE in the SE

Oddometer: 842
just to make sure that Laramie wins, here's another post...

I bought my 950 SE back in November. Mostly bought it for the giggle factor off road. I have a 450 and sometimes it gets boring, so the 950 fits the bill. :)

I've done a couple of group dual sport rides, and one hare scramble race (plus my usual playing in the dirt). Once I figured out how often I have to change the stock paper filter, I decided I will have to find a re-usable filter like my 450. just too much dusty riding in the SE. I don't have the good video of our south GA dusty dual sport ride posted yet but here's two other videos. Love the sound of the v-twin booming thru the woods, and having a bit more grunt and intake sound would be right up my alley. Not that the 950 needs more power, but who am I to argue about having a little more. maybe when I get it on the track with some 17's I'll want more but for now it's just a fun bike. Well, except the air filter that is.

Alabama Spring Nutz ride:

Highland Park Hare Scramble race (sorry about the mud on the lens, will do better in Sept at the next race):

SpeedyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:23 AM   #60
SigPig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
Another vote for laramie LC4.
SigPig is offline   Reply With Quote