User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
Ajijic OP
Riding off the Edge

Oddometer: 2
Riding off the Edge of the Map

Riding off the Edge of the Map is a true account of the author and two fellow motorcyclists on an adventure-tour into Mexico's rugged and stunning Copper Canyon. They follow an errant map until they have traveled so far into danger that returning is deemed more precarious than continuing. Struggling with nearly impassible roads, injury, terror, and broken equipment, the three men were eventually forced to independently find their way back to civilization from the most remote part of the Canyon. The quest begins in the heart of Central Mexico’s Sierra Madre Mountains and traces their journey up the Pacific Coast and into the largest canyon system in North America, 1700 feet deeper and four times the size of Arizona’s Grand Canyon.

Bryen, a career psychotherapist and motorcycle safety instructor, integrates his lifelong zeal for motorcycle riding and his passionate commitment to the life of the soul, and weaves the events into an odyssey that pulls the reader into an exterior and interior exploration of what it takes to venture into the heart of the Canyon. The trip required a crash course in new motorcycling riding skills, adjusting to rural customs and new language in a foreign culture, settling the stress-created conflicts among the riders, and finding the courage to face and deal with personal limitations. Eventually stripped of everything familiar where old maps, old rules, and old understandings no longer applied, this life-changing journey becomes an examination into fundamental questions of how to ride and how to live. The book describes being caught between the allure of beauty and the repulsion of terror, and explores how to access the deeper powers that become available to us when life seems most challenging. The author turns this motorcycle adventure tour into an opportunity to contemplate the longings, the fears, and the misapplied maps that govern our lives.

The book is For Sale on my website www.ridingofftheedgeofthemap.com $$16.95 plus shipping and handling.

Ajijic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:33 AM   #2
GAS GUY
MILE EATER

Oddometer: 3,114
That sounds like a interesting read.After I finish the current book I am reading I will be sure to check it out.Thanks.
http://gasguysadventures.blogspot.com/
GAS GUY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:23 PM   #3
bomber60015
Anatomically Correct

Oddometer: 10,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAS GUY View Post
That sounds like a interesting read.After I finish the current book I am reading I will be sure to check it out.Thanks.

Wait -- you can read ONE book at a time?

Hmmmm . . . . .

;-}
"Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance.” T.R.
bomber60015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #4
Ajijic OP
Riding off the Edge

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
And it looks like you have an Aussie. You must be a good guy.
Ajijic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:05 AM   #5
GAS GUY
MILE EATER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajijic View Post
And it looks like you have an Aussie. You must be a good guy.
Yes, 2 Aussies actually.Tri colors, one with a blue eye.
And a big ole yellow lab.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:11 AM   #6
GAS GUY
MILE EATER

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber60015 View Post
Wait -- you can read ONE book at a time?

Hmmmm . . . . .

;-}
I'm so busy, sometimes its hard to even read one. LOL. I just started reading University of Gravel Roads, which is fantastic by the way.
And I recently finished Anxioty across the Americas, also great.

But I will definately read this book next, it looks like my kind of book for sure !!!
Old 09-15-2013, 12:12 AM   #7
chabon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
Got the book in the mail at noon today. Just finished it in one sitting, couldn't put it down! Brought back memories of my emotional and physical experiences on my first ride through the canyon, wow.

Recommended to me by Diego (Hotel Paraiso del Oso). Good read.

Put me down for one mini-aussie.
Chabón - F650 Funduro - WR250X
chabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #8
bomber60015
Anatomically Correct

Oddometer: 10,073
Quote:
I'm so busy, sometimes its hard to even read one. LOL. I just started reading University of Gravel Roads, which is fantastic by the way.
And I recently finished Anxioty across the Americas, also great.

But I will definately read this book next, it looks like my kind of book for sure !!!
THAT sounds like a great book . . . . .thanks for the tip!

both ordered!
"Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance.” T.R.
bomber60015 is offline   Reply With Quote