Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2013, 07:38 PM   #16
davebig
Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer: 2,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by airspro View Post
Made it to Barstow , Ca . Tired but everything went fine with the rig . Ordered a Brookland aerosceen from this site http://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/cat...ies-aeroscreen Model 460C for the car when we get home .
I had one from then on a Ural I had, it'll arrive before you know it.One midwesterner to another those westerners never really appreciate our bugs, I'm from MN.DB
Old 06-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #17
airspro OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
Meet TheRoss at the motel this morning June 26 . Am at OKC now , tired but all going well so far .

Bike is getting 30 to 37 MPG depending on wind .

best
spro

airspro screwed with this post 06-27-2013 at 04:29 PM
airspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:16 PM   #18
TheRoss
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
Man it was great meeting you guys. Nice rig too! Sounds like you are having a blast. Safe travels home friend!
TheRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:31 PM   #19
airspro OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Same with you :)

Forgot to add Russell Day Long Saddle ordered also . I really need a better seat ASAP . Build date is 7-19-13 , my that was fast .

airspro screwed with this post 06-26-2013 at 07:49 PM
Old 06-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #20
airspro OP
Gnarly Adventurer

At Springfield , Mo for the night . OMG it's feking hot and muggy out . So I got a room with a outside pool and told the manger that the pool sold the room :( ,,, the feking asshat didn't tell me it was closed for the day . I broke my rule about bitching and told him about it he said "was the state" bah BAH bah . I told HIM he "could have told me it was closed" and I walked out of the office not saying another word .

So far the weather while hot atm is dry , looks like the rain if we get some will pass by us during our layover hours and be a bit better in the morning . "Someone" still looking out for us yet .

I can and will use all the help I can get .

best spro

Welcome center on US 44

Old 06-28-2013, 03:49 PM   #21
airspro OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Broke down at the motel at Springfield , MO . Waiting on our nephew Tom to come pick us up with his brothers 4 door pickup and 24' trailer to bring us the rest of the way home .

We getting lots of SDF at almost every stop :) They all seem to like the rig . Just a bit of differant luck about the FD , was kismet IMO . So we are going to enjoy the time swimming and resting at motel and being Chauffeured home :)

Old 06-30-2013, 09:52 AM   #22
airspro OP
Gnarly Adventurer

We got home just a bit after 1 am early very early this Sunday Jun3 30th from the trip of a life time :) Thanks again to the sellers Kate and Erine in Ca and the three MEN that came and got us from Springfield , MO where the final drive blew a seal or gasket . All good and I do believe my foot is good enough to go back to work on Monday :) yaaaaaaaaaaaaa go us . Oh yes and to my big sis Jeanne , Mary Cay my nurse and Denise Pairry my shrink for the help in getting treatment in Ca for my sick chubby foot :P Also all the like'ers and well wishers , couldn't have done it with out you all .

Old 06-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #23
Melrone
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 914
Tough luck man.I hope the rest of the trip was good for you too.Was looking forward tomeet you..Just a wird of advise send your FD to Tom Cutter.He did mine last winterPriced right if you don"t mind pulling the FD. Good luck with your rig...
Melrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:06 PM   #24
airspro OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrone View Post
Tough luck man.I hope the rest of the trip was good for you too.Was looking forward tomeet you..Just a wird of advise send your FD to Tom Cutter.He did mine last winterPriced right if you don"t mind pulling the FD. Good luck with your rig...
Will do , seen this today so will send it to him ASAP >
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234400
Old 07-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #25
airspro OP
Gnarly Adventurer

OK BigDave and Drone are helping me , getting closer to getting this fixed and on the road :)

Thanks guys
spro
Old 07-04-2013, 08:36 AM   #26
airspro OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Got the wheel off now that I had more time and energy Thanks to DaveBig for all his help last night and this morning . He was great .

Got a used FD coming off eBay for now

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-1997-R11...r#ht_264wt_749

Plus will the my old one redone I think for a spare .

Here's the pics from this morning >

Got rest of the tools needed to do the job ordered off Amazon this morning ( thanks again DaveBig ) and manual and JVB DVD from his site .

best
spro
Old 07-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #27
DRONE
Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer: 3,555
So that one pic makes it look like the wheel bearing seized. Yes?
Old 07-06-2013, 07:05 AM   #28
airspro OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRONE View Post
So that one pic makes it look like the wheel bearing seized. Yes?
Donno , wheel turned easy , and I hardly had any whiggle when I got the wheel up off the ground . If it did I didn't feel anything when it happened or after . I we seen was the oil on the wheel and ground .

BUT when I took off the wheel , spare stuff everywhere , seal came out with the wheel , looks like cage peices - two fell on the floor and lots more still wadded up in there .

Waiting on tools now , need 30mm socket and 12 MM hex head allen , plus socket end . Bought extra 30mm socket to make that "special window" in the one to set the lock nut and a "long 12mm allen to use in the window" .

I watched video , much easier to do now I "think" >
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0_j8SuiFQI

Plus gonna send this out to Bruno to have it checked out and serviced >
http://www.brunos.us/index.html

Let me know when or if I making any mistakes . Trying my best to take it slow and easy and listen to any and all ideas .

best
spro
Old 07-06-2013, 07:21 AM   #29
davebig
Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer: 2,888
Obviously what came first the chicken or the egg ? Bearing self desructs cage cuts seal out.
What always seems redundant is BMW has used that bearing for a long time, not much lube and then we add sidecar load to the mix.It's amazing they work as well as they do.DB
Old 07-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #30
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by airspro View Post
Donno , wheel turned easy , and I hardly had any whiggle when I got the wheel up off the ground . If it did I didn't feel anything when it happened or after . I we seen was the oil on the wheel and ground .

BUT when I took off the wheel , spare stuff everywhere , seal came out with the wheel , looks like cage peices - two fell on the floor and lots more still wadded up in there .

Waiting on tools now , need 30mm socket and 12 MM hex head allen , plus socket end . Bought extra 30mm socket to make that "special window" in the one to set the lock nut and a "long 12mm allen to use in the window" .

I watched video , much easier to do now I "think" >
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0_j8SuiFQI

Plus gonna send this out to Bruno to have it checked out and serviced >
http://www.brunos.us/index.html

Let me know when or if I making any mistakes . Trying my best to take it slow and easy and listen to any and all ideas .

best
spro
Howdy spro,

I had Bruno setup my final drive with a different gear ratio and rebuild my drive-shaft when I had my 1150GS hacked, he does excellent work.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Join Smugmug, use this coupon https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=geyYbNZwLLrl6
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote