Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2013, 03:12 AM   #31
Bill Harris
Confirmed Curmudgeon

Oddometer: 6,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
I covered my TV with a decorative tablecoth 5 years ago,it never got turned on again.

Shoot your TV.
When Broadcast TV went digital? That was the best solution.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:15 AM   #32
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racersteve View Post
I'm glad someone else noticed the tires. That told me all I needed to know about BMW and the host of the show. If rubber compound was enough to get through sand, the top off road racers would not use knobbies, either in MX, desert, Baja or enduros. We were taken be the Ducati and R6 ownership by the doctor, and her obvious inability to ride a motorcycle. Toy gathering? The three riders had a difficult time on CR150R bikes, light and gutless, yet were put on bikes weighing three times, having 4 times more power, in a foreign country on difficult terrain, with too short of training. Ths show is NOTHING like Long Way Round or Down. I expect the "show" won't let them get seriously hurt, but it really needed three experienced riders, and let the benefits of Peru shine through.
Don't forget the 'nutritionist' who is accompanying them....dear fucking Lord

I also find out at the end they aren't actually riding to Peru, they are flying there - fuck me what's the point.

I'm sure Neale Bayly is cringing inside because of the shit he has to do to make some dough.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:05 AM   #33
wb5plj
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
fake reality, fake drama, fake suspense

I had never heard of this until just reading this thread this morning. I googled it and saw a youtube clip which was apparently an intro done for the show. it strikes me like a reality tv show. like survivors on bikes. "Oh it is so hard and tough" slow down, learn to ride differently, take a different tact. what ever.

Oh and there is a girl! doesn't sound like marketing demographic. I bet that show is put together like a formula band (boy band).

I dislike that everything these days must be turned into a competition. "Im going to make the decision to put you in the truck" competition competition competition. Doesn't anyone ride for fun? can't it be enjoyable.

no thanks.
wb5plj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:32 AM   #34
Reverend12
Well there it is..

Oddometer: 1,410
Can't none of them fuckers ride worth a shit either...
Reverend12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:46 AM   #35
DR Donk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
I watched it this past weekend. I would like more riding, less drama and group therapy.
DR Donk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:06 AM   #36
erkmania
Still Adventuring

Oddometer: 774
I wish we could just watch Neale and like-skilled rider rip it up on 1200's; well, to the extent that one can rip on a GS12.

Neale looks to be the real deal (off-roader persona) and a great rider. If they would only ride like we've done in Baja: rip it up, stop, meet some locals, have a beer then remount to rip it up again. I'd love THAT show.

2011 BMW R1200GS, 2004 KTM 950, 1996 ATK 605 ESDS
erkmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #37
cardoctor1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 504
not sure what's the age the blonde dr but she looked pretty damn good in a bikini for her age. rich, can ride on 2 wheel and take her lumps . nice
IBA#35592
RIDE EVERY RIDE LIKE ITS YOUR LAST
00 R1150GS
cardoctor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #38
live2ridetahoe
RN

Oddometer: 1,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
TKC 80's are good predictable tires but they don't LAST. = Way over rated IMO.
It's an eight day trip that covers probably a thousand miles. I think they'll last for that long.

The first thing i noticed was that the bikes had street tires. Yeah, that'll be fun in the sand. They were complaining about the sand and dust in their eyes. I guess no one brought goggles for riding in the desert?

I am really disappointed with the show. I was wondering how long it would take before Dr. Tits got into a bathing suit. Looks like an episode and a half.

Btw, did you see the vehicles in her garage!! Holy shit. She has a Ferrari on a lift with another car parked under it, a Ducati, and some other nice toys.

I'll still watch it even tho its cheesy. Maybe it will open up the doors for other shows.

JG
live2ridetahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #39
live2ridetahoe
RN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
Don't forget the 'nutritionist' who is accompanying them....dear fucking Lord

I also find out at the end they aren't actually riding to Peru, they are flying there - fuck me what's the point.

I'm sure Neale Bayly is cringing inside because of the shit he has to do to make some dough.
You mean the guy who has the large bag of candy and snacks.

JG
Old 06-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #40
live2ridetahoe
RN

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkmania View Post
I wish we could just watch Neale and like-skilled rider rip it up on 1200's; well, to the extent that one can rip on a GS12.

Neale looks to be the real deal (off-roader persona) and a great rider. If they would only ride like we've done in Baja: rip it up, stop, meet some locals, have a beer then remount to rip it up again. I'd love THAT show.
Me too!

JG
Old 06-18-2013, 02:23 PM   #41
N-m
Captain 2 Sexy

Oddometer: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
I covered my TV with a decorative tablecoth 5 years ago,it never got turned on again.

Shoot your TV.
Actually, you need to sell it to those teeny boppers watching MTV and buy more gas for the Boxer.
N-m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:23 PM   #42
live2ridetahoe
RN

BTW...

If Nealeyeleleye told me to take a day in the truck, on television, I would fuck him up.

JG
Old 06-19-2013, 02:59 AM   #43
Spiff Spiffster
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
I wanted to like it. I didn't

Fake, manufactured, formula television .Very disappointing.
Spiff Spiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:10 AM   #44
stevie88
That's gotta hurt

Oddometer: 17,503
Hey, it's on Speed TV. Why would you expect quality?

Besides that, it needs more tits.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:55 AM   #45
jagred
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
I'm going to say my bit, and then duck and run for cover.

LIGHTEN UP folks and THINK before you gripe.

I don't have cable TV at home, but this week I was in a hotel room flipping through the channels and saw riders on bikes. SWEET! So I dropped the remote and watched. I only saw about the last 30 minutes of the episode where the lady had to ride in the truck because of a busted foot.

This is just a group of people like me, who love to ride. The only difference is... they have enough money to afford a trip that I can't afford. And because TV cameras are around, everybody ends up being stiff and self-conscious. Sure producers try to create and manufacture a little drama. That's what producers do.

But let's be honest. The "motorcycle TV watching market" in america is not exactly huge. If we act like snobs and don't support the stuff they make specifically for US... then guess what... they won't bother to make more stuff for us. It is all about the money. Who can get viewers and advertising dollars.

Be overly critical and unsupportive of the market's attempts to create motorcycle programming, and there won't be more attempts to make motorcycle programming.

ALL right... I'm done acting like a "know-it-all". Isn't it ironic that I'm being critical of others being critical.
jagred is online now   Reply With Quote