User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #16
BirddogVet
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Another 2 centavos

For another variation, I wear firehose cargo pants... armour underneath. The pockets make storage and security a non-issue.
There is also the fanny pack clamped around the mirrors for a fast cheap alternative.

At the end of each trip, after doing the laundry, I eliminate from the stash, anything that was not used, but not considered essential. .
BirddogVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:46 PM   #17
glasswave
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrzGSAdv View Post
The bike and available luggage system: I own a GS1200ADV and have the whole 3 BMW aluminum cases plus the tank bank bag.

The issue:

#1 - Do I need/should to take the tank bag?

For that sake, tang bag could come handy as I plan to have a digital SLR with me for nice outdoor pictures. Is this something I want to bring along? Pros and cons, please!

#2 - Ideas on taking or not the top case?
I have read other posts saying that (as the tankbag) they end up becoming heavy as we stuff'em up, but location is terrible, far back on the back, and high, not great for CG. Thinking of getting rid and using some waterproof duffel on the same location and/or strapped along with my backpack.

All input greatly appreciated!!!
If you are not camping or going to high altitude, you can take all you'd like with that set up. (4 shirts, two pants, five socks/undies, toiletries, light jacket) That won't even fill a box.

I'd forget the top box, it's so much easier mount/dismount. Plus, when you pick up that Israeli chick that's sick of the bus, you can strap her pack across the back.

Take the tank bag, it's nice to have your day stuff accessible from the cockpit.

Take the dslr, how else will you get pics like these :

Peruvian Andes (3 months)
N Chile - Medellin, Colombia (3 months) Cartegena, CO to N Chile (3 months)
glasswave is offline   Reply With Quote