Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-20-2014, 04:16 PM   #466
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsstampeder View Post
Not sure how much Gretzky you watched but he wasn't exactly known as a non whiner. He was one of the best at that too!
I am going to call BS on that. Not even close to Le pooh and Crosby. Also was not an instigator and piss pant crybaby when the guys got even. He played the game without the cheap crap.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:30 PM   #467
joef
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 405
I hope the Rangers! I have season tickets!
We didn't go today, good thing they didn't play well.
joef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:05 PM   #468
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
A bunch of our guys had the flu early last week so I think that might have had something to do with game 1.

Did they have the flu during the 3 of 4 regular season games they lost to the wings? The way I see it Boston is more capable of playing that rough dirty playoff style of hockey than the Wings are. And they brought it out in game two. Except Lucic of course. He says he likes to play by the rules...
Poweranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:31 PM   #469
rbrsddn
3banger

Oddometer: 2,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranger View Post
Did they have the flu during the 3 of 4 regular season games they lost to the wings? The way I see it Boston is more capable of playing that rough dirty playoff style of hockey than the Wings are. And they brought it out in game two. Except Lucic of course. He says he likes to play by the rules...
Lucic is too good of a player to make a habit of playing dirty. That wing player must have pissed him off. Spearing? Looked more like a slash in the nuts!
rbrsddn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:42 PM   #470
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrsddn View Post
Lucic is too good of a player to make a habit of playing dirty. That wing player must have pissed him off. Spearing? Looked more like a slash in the nuts!
Ya definitely in the nuts.

They let a lot of stuff slide in game 1 and then in game 2 started calling minor stuff on both sides that shouldn't have been called.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:13 PM   #471
NikonsAndVStroms OP
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 36,089
Quote:
Cry me a river, if you don't want rough hockey go watch something other than the NHL

This is the playoffs and it's a different game, and it looks like the wings will be hurting as this series goes on. Boston needs to keep being a physical team and they will keep the advantage.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:30 PM   #472
JohnBryer
Adventure Poser

Oddometer: 921
Haters gonna hate. But since you're from Philly, you have to hate him.

I'm a huge Pens fan, but they're playing so bad. Don't think they'll make it past round 2.
JohnBryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:18 PM   #473
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
Cry me a river, if you don't want rough hockey go watch something other than the NHL

This is the playoffs and it's a different game, and it looks like the wings will be hurting as this series goes on. Boston needs to keep being a physical team and they will keep the advantage.

I wasn't crying about anything. You were crying with the excuse about your game one loss because of the flu. I didn't say there wasn't a place for rough hockey in the playoffs I said the Bruins are better at it than the Wings and they showed it in game 2.

But a shot to the nuts by a star player? Is that your idea of rough playoff hockey on the NHL level?
Old 04-21-2014, 05:58 AM   #474
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,481
Quote:
But a shot to the nuts by a star player? Is that your idea of rough playoff hockey on the NHL level?
Looch thought it was a vagina, he was just confirming.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:18 AM   #475
rbrsddn
3banger

Oddometer: 2,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
Looch thought it was a vagina, he was just confirming.
It was just a love tap.
rbrsddn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:30 AM   #476
JoeFab
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 280
I was surprised how good the Flyers' played. Still think the Rangers will do it in the end though...j.f.
JoeFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:42 AM   #477
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

Oddometer: 26,699
The east is a joke this year. New playoff format with set brackets is a little weird. I would have said Bruins/Habs in the east final but they'll meet in the next round. I don't think the other half of that bracket has real contender in it (sorry Penguins fans ).

Out west it feels like Blues / Ducks but the Sharks are solid too. I think Ducks/Sharks and Bruins/Habs may be the best series this year if they happen.
Grainbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:24 AM   #478
Buzz363
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 296
Not a Crosby fan but a lot of that is just the over saturation of Crosby, Crosby, Crosby. That being said I wasn't a Gretzky fan either. His crocodile tears when he announced he was going to L.A. really rankled me.

My favourite player was Cam Neely. Talented, tough and hard working.
Buzz363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:38 AM   #479
NikonsAndVStroms OP
Beastly Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt View Post
The east is a joke this year. New playoff format with set brackets is a little weird. I would have said Bruins/Habs in the east final but they'll meet in the next round. I don't think the other half of that bracket has real contender in it (sorry Penguins fans ).

Out west it feels like Blues / Ducks but the Sharks are solid too. I think Ducks/Sharks and Bruins/Habs may be the best series this year if they happen.
Wild VS Bruins for the cup, come on man believe!

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
Old 04-21-2014, 10:39 AM   #480
NikonsAndVStroms OP
Beastly Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz363 View Post
Not a Crosby fan but a lot of that is just the over saturation of Crosby, Crosby, Crosby. That being said I wasn't a Gretzky fan either. His crocodile tears when he announced he was going to L.A. really rankled me.

My favourite player was Cam Neely. Talented, tough and hard working.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: