Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-15-2013, 02:42 PM   #91
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by waveydavey View Post
good luck with that...
I went to a fight, and a hockey game broke out.......

I went to a riot, and a soccer game broke out........

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:44 PM   #92
Thraan
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 29,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by waveydavey View Post
good luck with that...

Why can't the other golfers play a kazoo while Tiger is teeing off?
Old 08-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #93
snoid
100% Okie

Oddometer: 28,567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraan View Post
Bullshit they don't. Fans cheer the bench clearing baseball slap fights, just the same as they cheer fights on the gridiron or the hardwood.

Some people don't "get" sports, either specific sports or in general. Nothing wrong with that, just so long as they don't think their critiques of that which they don't understand are of value or importance.
that's kinda my point about boxing, MMA. fights are a part of hockey since the very first game.
snoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #94
Schatzman
I Saved Latin

Oddometer: 3,876
Shrine,

Do you have season tickets this year to the monarchs? I just went and selected my seats today. I somehow convinced my wife that our son needed season tickets in the premium section for his 5th birthday
Schatzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #95
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 10,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzman View Post
Shrine,

Do you have season tickets this year to the monarchs? I just went and selected my seats today. I somehow convinced my wife that our son needed season tickets in the premium section for his 5th birthday
We had them right on the glass for the first seven years. It was great. With sports and snowboarding there is just no way I can get to the games anymore. We go about 10 times a year...usually the Sunday afternoon games on the way back from the mountain. I try to get to all the PBruins games though, even if I go alone last minute. Oh yeah, and always on NYE. The only problem with glass seats is no cupholder and you can't use the glass coping.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #96
Thraan
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 29,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoid View Post
that's kinda my point about boxing, MMA. fights are a part of hockey since the very first game.
Exactly. And the sport has evolved since then, but fighting remains an aspect of it, precisely because it serves a purpose to the participants, irrespective of the reaction of the spectators. The violence of hockey has an etiquette to it that the casual observer won't be able to see and that the rules may never be able to wholly and fairly adjudicate.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:37 PM   #97
skwidd
where does this lead?

Oddometer: 17,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsnowdog View Post
Why doesn't fighting like this occur in basketball or football?

They smoke a ton more weed.

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:30 PM   #98
Schatzman
I Saved Latin

Oddometer: 3,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
We had them right on the glass for the first seven years. It was great. With sports and snowboarding there is just no way I can get to the games anymore. We go about 10 times a year...usually the Sunday afternoon games on the way back from the mountain. I try to get to all the PBruins games though, even if I go alone last minute. Oh yeah, and always on NYE. The only problem with glass seats is no cupholder and you can't use the glass coping.
Yeah I looked at on the glass but my kid is too short to really see all that well. The other issue is you lose out on watching the other end of the ice. I got 3 tickets dead center ice about 5 rows back. If you need tickets to a game let me know before you buy any.
Schatzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:37 PM   #99
Schlug
JockeyfullofBourbon

Oddometer: 7,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbySands View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VO1MX View Post
Is that flask empty?
Nearly. And it's a damn good reason to get back to Newfoundland to get some more. Unless an inmate from there wouldn't mind doing a fellow a solid?

Picture also includes more awesomeness--

Autographed photo of Maurice Richard. The best hockey player ever. Alright top 3.

-- It's in their hands. Our message is clear. They're seeing our determination.
Schlug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #100
Schlug
JockeyfullofBourbon

Quote:
It's apparent from some hockey fans that fighting is celebrated. Apparently you are one. There may be some violations in pro football or basketball, but nothing like hockey, and spectators of those sports don't celebrate the violations.

Post 10815 makes it clear that you celebrate and encourage the fighting.
Quote:
I like watching it. That's fighting. I particularly like MMA.

And fighting is part of hockey, and has been since the game had rules over 100 years ago. Why can't you accept that? You can put forth the argument that it isn't necessary or even that the game would be better, but saying you watch one sport because it's fighting and not another because it has an element of fighting makes you look like a pillock.

It's clear you don't play or only play shinny or you'd understand that when there's no threat of someone hitting you until they can't swing anymore, frustration causes people to perpetrate some of the dirtiest pigshyte imaginable. It's a fast game with a lot of contact against the same guy over and over and over again.

BTW, I'm not just a fan. 37 years of it, pal. Real hockey players have two set of gear ready to go!

#22 for whom? Mike Bossy, that's who.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:03 PM   #101
tomhislop
Sheel be right mate!

Oddometer: 14
Sorry pal, I hate to sound negative........BUT.....

[QUOTE=Thraan;22107162]How is a bunch of dudes with helmets and full body padding having a dust up AWSOME??,...... Lets get back to Awesome!
tomhislop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #102
NICO
NWGS's pwner!1!!1!

Oddometer: 24,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbySands View Post
And fighting is part of hockey, and has been since the game had rules over 100 years ago. Why can't you accept that? You can put forth the argument that it isn't necessary or even that the game would be better, but saying you watch one sport because it's fighting and not another because it has an element of fighting makes you look like a pillock.

It's clear you don't play or only play shinny or you'd understand that when there's no threat of someone hitting you until they can't swing anymore, frustration causes people to perpetrate some of the dirtiest pigshyte imaginable. It's a fast game with a lot of contact against the same guy over and over and over again.

BTW, I'm not just a fan. 37 years of it, pal. Real hockey players have two set of gear ready to go!

#22 for whom? Mike Bossy, that's who.
That room must smell AWESOME!
NICO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #103
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 10,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzman View Post
Yeah I looked at on the glass but my kid is too short to really see all that well. The other issue is you lose out on watching the other end of the ice. I got 3 tickets dead center ice about 5 rows back. If you need tickets to a game let me know before you buy any.
will do. We love to go when we can. I still miss Kanko!
Old 08-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #104
Schlug
JockeyfullofBourbon

Quote:
Fighting is punishable by ejection in Minor Hockey, College and European leagues, and in international and Olympic competition. For a sport where fighting was integral from day one, weird how the rest of the world has moved on.

oh, and I love a good fight. I just prefer to watch people who actually know what the hell they're doing. It's the same reason I don't watch MMA hoping that an impromptu basketball game breaks out in the cage

First, you're incorrect. And please stop trying to be a pundit about this. With all due respect:

Minor hockey in Canada and the US allows fighting, sir, in every notable league and with penalty.
Fighting is allowed, with penalty, in Juniors and Major Juniors.
Fighting is allowed in the NHL.

And that, sir, is the gold standard for Ice Hockey.

The gold standard for ice hockey is not friendly Olympic games, not International play where Euros have hardly played a game with hitting and never one with fighting. Not College where the players are assumed to be academes first, athletes second. The best hockey in the world is played in Juniors and the NHL. This matter is closed.

Please educate yourself with regard to which leagues have the best hockey and put players to the NHL. And while you're at it, YOU try and fight on a 1" long, 1/8th inch wide piece of steel on ice.

And just to run salt in your poorly informed wounds, read this, it seems your idea of leagues 'moving forward' is incorrect, seeing as the best league in Europe did this:

KHL legalizes and regulates fighting

The KHL just released the set of rules for the 2010-11 season, and it contains an interesting part, how the KHL will regulate fights. Until the 2009-10 season it just followed the IIHF rules, which had a five minutes major plus game misconduct for any fight. But from the next season it's going to change.
All that follows is coming from the official KHL rulebook, which can be found here (Russian only).

a) the player or goalie who participates in the fight can get a minor, double minor or major penalty according to the player's activity during the fight itself

Apology accepted. This is the last word I will have on the matter.

Aside from your awesome fit of cluelessness regarding hockey-- and I'm sure you're a really nice guy otherwise and I'll be happy to stand a pint with you next time I'm out in Wyoming-- here's more Baja awesomeness:

Can you count the number of broken collarbones saved in this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzB6KSlD6ec

Note in Particular 1:19
Embedding disabled.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:29 PM   #105
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 13,330
Please go start a Fucking hockey thread, so no one can read it just like no one gives a shit about hockey.
Where the fuck is the road?
Boon Booni is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: