Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2013, 09:13 AM   #16
MiniBike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
Just congratulate yourself that you only had to deal with her for a few seconds at Fourbucks. Pity the poor SOB that has to go home to her each night!

I had one a few years ago in front of a grocery store, that after she finished loading her car, she pushed the empty cart into the handicapped space that I was entering. I had to stop my car in the aisle, get out and move the cart while she just sat there looking at me - with a blank look on her face. OOPS, I had stopped my car behind hers. When she rolled down her window to loudly complain that I was blocking her exit, I decided that I should take the cart back into the store so it wouldn't be in anybody else's way before I moved my car into the space.

One thing that does bug me is when bikes park on the striped lines adjacent to handicapped spaces. We don't, but some people need that extra space to maneuver their wheelchairs out of their vehicle. Parking a bike there makes that space unuseable for a handicapped person.
MiniBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:47 PM   #17
timmie415
n00b poster but not rider

Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniBike View Post
Just congratulate yourself that you only had to deal with her for a few seconds at Fourbucks. Pity the poor SOB that has to go home to her each night!

I had one a few years ago in front of a grocery store, that after she finished loading her car, she pushed the empty cart into the handicapped space that I was entering. I had to stop my car in the aisle, get out and move the cart while she just sat there looking at me - with a blank look on her face. OOPS, I had stopped my car behind hers. When she rolled down her window to loudly complain that I was blocking her exit, I decided that I should take the cart back into the store so it wouldn't be in anybody else's way before I moved my car into the space.

One thing that does bug me is when bikes park on the striped lines adjacent to handicapped spaces. We don't, but some people need that extra space to maneuver their wheelchairs out of their vehicle. Parking a bike there makes that space unuseable for a handicapped person.
Amen, thankfully that is a big ticket out here. I see bikes park in crazy places but no one is dumb enough to fudge with a handicap space. Well, at least not usually dumb enough (sadly)... Crazy stories from you and the OP, both fully in the right and forget about the slobs who obviously lost the "common decency" morals.
timmie415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:23 PM   #18
damasovi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,622
LAst month I had an incident similar to this one, but the problem was with the employees.

We went to Costco, a total of 3 bikes, WE ASK to park the bikes next to food area, where nobody will be walking, and no doors open and basically is ok (from my point of view) and the supervisor said yes, we were happy. Then 3 minutes latter another "supervisor" ask us to move the bikes... OK, and he said, you can park them in the space next to the plants where there is cement, OK we said, as soon as my friend put up his vstar up there another supervisor said NOOOO.... and he the 3 supervisor suggested we park at the corner where everybody makes a right turn... NO FU*** WAY! they will run over my bike I said, so I went looking for a parking spot as if I were a car, and I found one way nice so I pull in, and guess what? the 4th guy comes over and tells me "SIr you can park there!" WTF?? I can not park in a parking space??? I was no longer a happy man.. No sir you can, so call my friends to park ALL 3 bikes in the same spot, and I said WE ARE ALL GOING TO PARK HERE. This last guy was a volunteer and he said that "I do not get paid here, I am a volunteer and your tips are my salary, so I said (and I do believe him) ok, can you look out for our bikes? and I will give you a tip? YES SIR, ok then!

I was hungry and angry, but at the end all was fine.

Damasovi