Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #31
Abenteuerfahrer OP
Deaf on Wheels

Oddometer: 2,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhicheverAnyWayCan View Post
Enjoying your pics and congratulation on 37th years!

If it helps, ADV forum is realllly slow! I click on 'reply' and it takes forever to reach the reply page to post my reply. I wouldn't be surprise that adv and smugmug share same server.

Baldy, perhaps it is time to add Turbo into the server!
You are correct. Complained to them to no avail. Write them too!

It used to be that when wanting to post a "sized" picture; you picked your size then it would say"copied"..now it flashes a quick blue then disappears. Don't like the new set up. If it doesn't do the job then I try to "refresh" the whole page. Sometimes it works..often not. SOme waiting does some good too. Yep...ah, so much for technology!

Cheers..
Abenteuerfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #32
Abenteuerfahrer OP
Deaf on Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpism View Post
The Canadian brass was cool about our dog also on our Gaspe trip a few years back (in an '87 Vanagon Westy) and we had made sure we had all the paperwork straight beforehand since we were concerned about reentry into the U.S. with the dog, but U.S. Customs also ignored it. Hope your reentry goes as smoothly. Have a fun trip.
So far no problemo. At the border Emma created a ruckus..ready to bit the hand of an authority . But the female guard didn't bat an eye and waved us through..!

cheers...
Old 07-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #33
Abenteuerfahrer OP
Deaf on Wheels

Sept Iles > Havre St Piere > Natasqhuan

Bonjour ..

Sorry for my delay. No WiFi; Campground this far up there have nada WiFi. We're in Aquanish-Campgoround.

I am posting from a parking lot of the Municipal Building(Court House)..that was kind enough to let me use their fast Wifi connection with given password.

So here we go....

Down in Sep Iles.. Emma fell for a male standard longhaired Dachshund. Although he went ga-ga over her feminity she showed little interest.

On the way to Havre St. Piere, stopped for coffee in Town and realized that it was Canada Day here. Everything is closed..except a few.

Parades, ceremonies events abound..

Giant Lobster Trap

You can eat inside even in the worst of winter. The plastic covered shields creates a solar feeling....hot!

Massive Harbor Tug..

I'd love to have one of these..

Riding along the Strand we noticed the only Restaurant "ouvert" in Town.

Now look...we're Campers this summer and are mostly camping unless the weather turns really sour... we don't eat hot dogs, burgers, chips, drink cokes, etc.. We eat and enjoy a great meal when appropriate.

See.... believe me..forgot to copy a picture. You can see which lobster boat has picked this lobster and lists it's price. Sharon picked the "el cheapo"...

Couldn't afford another Lobsta so ordered an even cheaper dish..

See here every morsel is dug out.....

With full stomachs we headed further north to our destination.

It went on and on....then a gravely road

A long day for Emma...

Old 07-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #34
Abenteuerfahrer OP
Deaf on Wheels

Cont.....

Canadians really harness their abudant rivers to generate cheaper electricity than the USA which uses mostly oil and coal...even some power is diverted to New York..

A bit of a statement here... No offense meant! On Canada Day, very few fly the Maple Leaf. Remember Quebec at one time was trying to secede from British Canada, but failed.

I am sure there is some bitterness especially the Northern Quebec parts of Canada.

Going 90 km/h on this small stretch of rt#138..we took our chances in finding another campground....no dice..was getting dark until we spotted some obscure sign indicating "Camping/Cafe/Bar)...dunno it would be open this earlyin the season.

Pulled in and found it 'Ouvert'....wooo made it. Inquired... met a charming couple that runs this campgroundin the summer and maintains snowmobiles in the winter months that pass through. Absolutely lovely place. You pick you site: beach; mid wodded section or deep in the woods. Secluded..quiet, electricity; water, etc etc...and a bar to be reckoned with....

Powerful stuff

Beer, a 6.9'er

Come on and patronize this friendly place...you won't ever regret it!

Another Bon Anniversaire drink...hand picked Bakeapple berries from the proprietors woods...my ladys been boozin'; guess it's the North

Hitting the beach from our campsite

Bonne Nuit... Cheers...
Old 07-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #35
Abenteuerfahrer OP
Deaf on Wheels

Natasqhuan and it's face...

While another day at the lovely Campground..we decided to make a run to the Town of Natashqhuan and check with the Harbor Master regarding our departure.

In this tiny office; ships transactions are made.

We had to wait for the proper authorities to do the paper work. So waited...till...!!??.

All done; we were on the list. No problemo with Emma staying in our room insteak of the below waterline kennel.

Now surprise #1: We were to board the BELLA instead of the ancient Nordik Express. Thought the Bella was in repair. SHe's a brand new ship build in Croatia and further refurbshed here. She's a big deal. Great Stallion under the Maple Leaf flag...wooo..we're in heaven. Food is !st class...aye...!

Surprise #2: Sharon menitoned the word "propane" while a few questions pertained to our vehicle. All eyes went "" by the personnel. Maybe "non" for vehicles carrying propane. There was a new bulletin submitted 2 days ago while we were on the road. NO propane on board, pronto! I Reread the lady's bulletin paper which was also translated in English. The way I understand was that it said no more propane container transporation, but nothing is said about RV vehicles where there are plenty loaded every day. Phone calls to and fro and a few hours later we were told that all is OK. The Lady just wanted to make sure because of the confusing letter.

Whew..we'll be on the Bella-simo tomorrow abou 1100hrs and he Bella will waltz in at 1300hrs.

A stroll into Town...

Innu neighborhood signage

End of Rt. #138 thus the Ferry/Cargo ship further north to Blanc Sablon..

I could live here...Noah's Ark. Come flood....

These served the Natashqhuan Fishermen faithfully...

Flora and Fauna of Natasqhuan..

While rolling through Town and taking pictures a local came by and stopped his vehicle. Knew that we were not locals and broke into conversation. Just such a friendly 81 year old Acadian/French fisherman. Was a fisherman since he was 8 years old. Just wanted to say hi and hope we enjoyed his Town. The other couple were als visitors from southern Quebec who spoke English thus the histroy of that old man. They did have a bit of difficulty understanding him because of his Acadian dialect.

Lovely people....

Ok, Bonne Nuit.. till Blanc Sablon.. NO WiFi on le Bateau.

cheers ...

Abenteuerfahrer screwed with this post 08-18-2013 at 09:10 AM
Old 07-03-2013, 08:49 AM   #36
WhicheverAnyWayCan
Deaf Biker

Oddometer: 700
Nice pics.. liked the pic of ark house! Not sure about the color, though! Good of you to share small details such as propane situation. I see that you are enjoying one of the luxury not found on sidecar, a cruise control.

Happy trailing!
WhicheverAnyWayCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:54 AM   #37
Abenteuerfahrer OP
Deaf on Wheels

We're BACK......

un moment...!

Yeah..No, really, aarrggg...still have internet problems here...will stay trying..!

cheers...

Abenteuerfahrer screwed with this post 07-05-2013 at 01:08 PM
Old 07-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #38
Abenteuerfahrer OP
Deaf on Wheels

Labrador...

You see, there is a horde of Tourist that came by an enormous Prevost Bus... modern Tourists(Japanese, what else with their cameras and high tech videos, Laptops, etc, etc).... stealin' the airwaves . WiFi here is sooo poor in handling reception; it either drops or dimished connectivity. Might have to do it after 2400 hrs when all these Touristas are in slumberland!!

cheers...

UPdate...2030hrs(Lab. Time)...WiFi gets dropped now and then; comes in at a great 560kb/s then dies to -0-.

Abenteuerfahrer screwed with this post 07-05-2013 at 04:05 PM
Old 07-05-2013, 04:19 PM   #39
Abenteuerfahrer OP
Deaf on Wheels

Rolling on...

Just a few more notes from the Campground where Emma was attacked by tiny bugs that put her brave, courageous ego to shame. She was really frightened by these little critters because........

The Northern Mosquito...

Infamous Blackfly..2-3 mm long..

See ya.... these bites seem to bring the blood right away to the surface of the skin; thus the very red blotches. Apply Benadryl cream to soothen the itch. Slowly the blotch turns pink...a sign of healing. She's fine.

To the next episode before the internet goes ppfff....

cheers...
Old 07-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #40
silsen
n00b

Oddometer: 4
What is the cost for the ferry up the coast? Love the story and pics.
silsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #41
Abenteuerfahrer OP
Deaf on Wheels

The virtues of the mighty Bella Desgagnes....

Drove to Natasqhuan and where route #138 ends. Lingered a bit there...entered the Ferry Harbor and waited for the Bella's arrival.

I guess this might be the "suitcase" I am being stuffed into?

Yep, according to our width, height, etc...this is it! Kinda old and rusty; hope it hold our 6000# home?

Bateaux le BELLA est arrivee......

Being sandwiched between all these containers....

I don't think my USA auto insurance approves of this and would be voided should my home take a swim ??

Fukez vous, Merde..not at the edge.....might tip??

cheers...

Abenteuerfahrer screwed with this post 07-05-2013 at 08:22 PM
Old 07-05-2013, 05:08 PM   #42
Abenteuerfahrer OP
Deaf on Wheels

Bella...cont.

Our cabin..simple, smart, modern. The Bella's keel was laid in 2008; completed in 2010. Build in Croatia.... has caterpillar drive and 2 bow thrusters. Quiet, smooth....

Cafeteria, reading room, lobby, etc.

Murals..

Sharon is a bit concerned about our home on the edge!

Forgot to mention our dinnero being loaded too..conch !; conch fritters..soupe du jour??

Underway...to Kegaska

cheers...
Old 07-05-2013, 05:42 PM   #43
Hardware02
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,949

Subscribed...
Hardware02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #44
Abenteuerfahrer OP
Deaf on Wheels

Kegaska...

First seaport stop was at Kegaska a all English(british) Town. Clean, organized and mainly based on fishing as most villages are along the St. Lawrence are doing.

Emma our 1.5 year old has been around and about. She's a well traveled dog, has brought us joy when were down; makes us go for a walk and see the island, barks at anything that moves... tastes every morsel that we have on the island; from the dinning room, etc. actually expects it!

Every harbor call gives all passenger about a 2-3 hour break and encourage us to hit the Town for some history, shopping and eats!

So a stroll we took with Emma for her daily reliefs.

Whale bones in someones backyard...must have been put there for show?

Town Parish...

Lobster traps..

First evening meal aboard the Bella....

Cod with all thrimmings; Mouton cadet 2010... celery soup

cheers.... off to La Romaine and Harrington Harbour
Old 07-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #45
FOXedupONE
Momafox can I ride?

Oddometer: 2,546
I was informed that motorcycle camping does not work with a 2 year old so the recently acquired eurovan has worked out quite well for family travels.

Nice Canada trip!

FOXedupONE is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: