Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #16
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,707
I love Revzilla. I've spent quite a bit of $$ with them and their return policy is very liberal as long as you don't take it for a ride. They've even called me when a revit back protector was back in stock. And you can't blame them for recommending better quality jackets, you really do get what you pay for.
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #17
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by concours View Post
Yeah, I'm done with them... I had to return a jacket, they say they never received it, I sent tracking info... no joy. My money goes elsewhere
Would sort of depend on what the shipping info said. Not enough information to make a judgement.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #18
ElTigre1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
I love Revzilla. Mario has spent more time on the phone with me than I have a right to expect. Sizing, durability, quality, etc,, have all been discussed aat length when asked. Couldn't ask for a better online experience.
ElTigre1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:09 AM   #19
AceRider01
Fully Loaded

Oddometer: 626
Truth is he is probably right about ICON and others and while REV IT is well made, i dont consider it to provide substantially better protection the most of other genetic stuff.

The problem from a business point of view, is that the sales guy attempt to simplify things and treated you a certain level of contempt. I am sure he would say the the Gixer riders: "expensive REV IT gear are for BMW riders who wants all the flash, ICON is 90% of the product for 50% of the price"

By the way, at the end of day, they are there to sell you something whichever way they see fit, dont take their words as gospel, do your own research, check carefully and choose wisely.
AceRider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:58 AM   #20
N-m
Captain 2 Sexy

Oddometer: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by max384 View Post
My money is on the shipping carrier, not Revzilla. I always pay for insurance on returns.
IIRC that is actually Revzilla's policy which I happily complied with in order to try on two different helmets, neither of which were available in my area. I can't speak for anyone else but have had good results with Evzilla and others moto vendors.
N-m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:05 AM   #21
concours
WFO for 41 years

Oddometer: 5,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
Would sort of depend on what the shipping info said. Not enough information to make a judgement.
I used shorthand when posting, figured it was self explanatory. If the damned tracker said NOT DELIVERED, well, then, it would be stupid to post here, right?YES, the UPS tracking info showed it delivered to them. YES, it had a return authorization number clearly printed on the box. YES I've been mail ordering motorcycle parts 20 years before Al Gore fathered the internet.
Sorry max384, you lost your money.
Revzilla was a pain in my ass, scorched me $300 and won't get another dime. I called, e-mailed, etc... "We have no record of receiving it"
Old 07-02-2013, 06:25 AM   #22
Offcamber
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,726
Quote:
I used shorthand when posting, figured it was self explanatory. If the damned tracker said NOT DELIVERED, well, then, it would be stupid to post here, right?YES, the UPS tracking info showed it delivered to them. YES, it had a return authorization number clearly printed on the box. YES I've been mail ordering motorcycle parts 20 years before Al Gore fathered the internet.
Revzilla was a pain in my ass, scorched me $300 and won't get another dime. I called, e-mailed, etc... "We have no record of receiving it"
If in fact that is true then insurance wouldn't have helped. UPS shows it delivered....so why would they pay a claim. Does seem odd that RevZilla would not accept the shipping info. I have had great CS from them over the years and have returned a few items. I guess there is always a few bad CS stories with every company.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:06 AM   #23
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,199
Quote:
Hey this is ADV rider,,, you never know does sound like Revzilla screwed you.. disappointing.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #24
Twinz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 542
RevZilla has always done just fine by me!
'94 R1100RS, '84 R100CS, '76 R75/6 (S fairing)
'80 Guzzi V50 II, '73 Guzzi V7 Sport
Twinz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #25
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,591
My experience with Revzilla is incredible. I think they have great CS and replied so many questions via email and the phone. YMMV?

AteamNM screwed with this post 07-02-2013 at 11:12 AM
AteamNM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #26
Core10metal
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Revzilla has gone above and beyond for me. Even surprised me a few times with their customer service.
Example: pair of Klim Badlands pants were completely replaced under warranty by Klim. I bought grey, they gave me grey back. I called Revzilla and asked them if they would exchange for black but understood if they couldn't and no big deal. He got back to me saying they would and I wouldn't have to pay for shipping in either direction.
Revzilla will get my money every time. Others should take a lesson from them in customer service.
Btw, my grey, large Klim Badlands jacket is available lol...need black.
Core10metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:02 PM   #27
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 9,181
Quote:
If that happened to me I'd never do business with them again either, regardless of how many other peoples great experiences.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:02 PM   #28
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,220
Quote:
Just because they marked it as delivered doesn't mean it was actually delivered, or delivered to the correct address. If you do a Google search, you'll see that lost packages are shockingly common, which is why I always purchase insurance.

It certainly could be Revzilla that was at fault. However, I'm still placing my money on the shipping carrier.

What I'm confused about is that you seemed to take UPS's word as gospel and then attacked Revzilla. What proof did UPS offer that they actually shipped it, other than a note saying it was delivered? Remember, the tracking info that is provided is provided by UPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offcamber View Post
If in fact that is true then insurance wouldn't have helped. UPS shows it delivered....so why would they pay a claim. Does seem odd that RevZilla would not accept the shipping info. I have had great CS from them over the years and have returned a few items. I guess there is always a few bad CS stories with every company.
That's not necessarily true. I filed a claim with FedEx when I never received a package that was marked as delivered. A few days later, while they were processing the claim, a neighbor a few streets down brought the package over, since it was delivered to their house on accident. There was no reason to believe that it would be denied due to being marked as delivered. I assume UPS has similar policies. Being marked delivered doesn't absolve the shipping carrier of all responsibilities.

Newfoundland 2012

James Bay 2014
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #29
IppoJ
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by max384 View Post
Just because they marked it as delivered doesn't mean it was actually delivered, or delivered to the correct address.
It certainly could be Revzilla that was at fault. However, I'm still placing my money on the shipping carrier.
That's not necessarily true. I filed a claim with FedEx when I never received a package that was marked as delivered. A few days later, while they were processing the claim, a neighbor a few streets down brought the package over, since it was delivered to their house on accident.
I have had packages delivered to the "Street" equivalent of my "AVE" address and, of course, they are marked 'delivered'.
Every package is insured for $100 iirc.

I also shipped and insured a set of wheels as one delivery, four packages (1 of 4, 2 of 4, etc) when the buyer only received 3 of them I called UPS. They were not helpful *at all* until I said "OK, I need to file a claim then".
Magically the next day UPS found and delivered the 4th wheel. On a Saturday I should add.
IppoJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:28 PM   #30
RogerWilco
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 309
U.P.S. will have a proof of delivery in their system. It will show what time the package was delivered, where (front desk, warehouse, etc.) and they record an electronic signature from whoever signed for the package.
If Revzilla received the package it should be quite simple to verify this via U.P.S.'s "track a package" feature on their website.
That being said, I've ordered from them several times with good results but I don't recall returning anything.
RogerWilco is offline   Reply With Quote