User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2013, 07:22 AM   #1
AceRph OP
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,587
2013 BMW MOA Rally

I'm headed up there starting next Saturday w/ Treadless. We're gonna be wandering around NorCal & OR on our way up & have a week to get back to Central CA. A nice leisurely trip.

Anyway, I'd like to tip a mug or two & shake a few hands at the rally.

Who's going?

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:46 PM   #2
Old Mule
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 393
Moa

Sidecar pictures, please
Old Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #3
ooweel
Jobless, Its OK!

Oddometer: 790
Yup we are going

Phil, Tony and I are leaving Sunday or Monday (most likely Monday) from Solvang. With all the heat of late, we are going to weave our way up and down the coast since last time we went up thru the Sierras. See you guys up there!
ooweel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #4
Melrone
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 907
I just lead Boondox & Barley to the Mississippi River this morning.They are working there way west. Keep an eye for that yellow GSA?Hanningon..Took them through on the southern back roads of Wisconsin to Prairie Du Chen.. Will be interesting to see his cam shots..Anyway all you lucky Buzzards going to the Nationals..Be safe and rubber side down boys...
Melrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #5
hooligan67
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
First time at the Rally for me!

Have been jonesing to go but workloads etc etc. However, the missus just secured the week off (yeah!).
Soooooooo.......
Will be loading up with myself, 8-year-old son & wife and ferry-hopping over to Vancouver Island and then on to Port Angeles.
Plan on taking the coastal route around the Olympic Peninsula and down through Astoria, staying on the 101 before cutting over to Salem.
Barring too many distractions(!), we are hoping to be there by Thursday evening.
Any tips on finding a quiet-ish camping spot?
Richard
aka: Hooligan67
R1200GSA w/EZS Rally 5
aka: Der Hummelflug

hooligan67 screwed with this post 07-07-2013 at 06:40 PM Reason: New pic
hooligan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #6
bmweuro
Mad Scientist

Oddometer: 3,406
The wife and I will be there.

If anyone is headed through Nor Cal I'll be around until the 16th. Stop in for a beer.
VBMWMO #7770, BMW MOA #48694 & Airhead BMW Club #600
bmweuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #7
Square4
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
BMWMOA Rally

I'm headed down on Thursday to enjoy the activities. They are teaching sidecar training courses on Friday AM for both on and off roading.
Square4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #8
DRONE
Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer: 3,479
Nope. Family arrives from the East Coast on Wednesday. Wedding to attend on Saturday.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:07 AM   #9
AceRph OP
Affluenza Free!

Darn it, Drone!

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
Old 07-08-2013, 11:08 AM   #10
ooweel
Jobless, Its OK!

Oddometer: 790
Looking forward

Looking forward to seeing Shap as da Monkey
ooweel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #11
jaydmc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 966

I will be there working the event. I will have in indoor corner both and will have a new BMW R1200GSW with our M72DX sidecar on it.
I have offered to put on a sidecar seminar, Not sure if that is happening or not.
We will also be offering a discount on our soon to be released Expedition sidecar which was to be on my bike but it looks like it will not be done in time so we are going with the back up plan the M72DX and I will be buying another R1200GSW as our demo bike for the new sidecar.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793
jaydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #12
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,918
Any more info you can share on the Expedition sidecar
Old 07-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #13
Boondox
Travels With Barley

Oddometer: 2,964
Barley and I did the Badlands today and are currently holed up in Wall SD.

We were going to camp in the Black Hills tonight but were having too much fun in the Badlands. Barley does NOT LIKE BISON! We were on a dirt road toward Scenic SD when he saw a HUGE bull and began hurling the worst sort of canine epithets at it. I think he even said something about the bull's mother, which really ticked him off! Those suckers are big! Especially when charging! So we did a sliding 180 and ran back the way we came at a high rate of speed.

Anyway, in the comfort of our hotel room the television is full of NOAA weather warnings about 60mph winds and baseball-sized hail where we were supposed to be camping tonight. Statements like "animals left outside will be injured, possibly severely" really got my attention!

We're on schedule for a Friday July 12th arrival at Rainier, then will work our way south to Crater Lake and the Smith Redwoods in NorCal before coming up the southern OR coastline and cutting in to the rally.
I got a sidecar to travel with my dog. He never complains, is delighted to be with me, approves of my dietary choices, is a social butterfly who helps me meet folks, appreciates a good beer, snuggles better than my wife, and hangs on my every word as if it's the most profound thing he's ever heard. TravelsWithBarley.com

Boondox screwed with this post 07-08-2013 at 09:21 PM
Boondox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #14
dholaday
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 340
MM & I will be there - she can't get off work until Friday so that's when we will arrive. Look for us there - would be nice if they set aside a parking area for the sidecars.

Hooligan: I hope I can find you - I want to check out your rig in detail.

Boondox. Hope you are still planning on stopping by on your way from St Helens to Crater.
Duncan
Old 07-08-2013, 10:43 PM   #15
AceRph OP
Affluenza Free!

Hey BoonD! We're gonna be in NorCal around the same time, just wandering around. We'll keep our eyes peeled.