Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2013, 08:49 PM   #76
vortexau
Outside the Pod-bay

Oddometer: 1,635
Had a thought so I searched . . . .

YouTube-
Whale fart

Huh? THAT'S not very loud . . . go figure!
(But somewhat funny, still.)
Old 07-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #77
Red9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by GapRunr View Post
I was stopped at a light next to a guy on an HD full dresser. He pulled up next to me at the light so that we were now sharing the lane. I nodded and said "Hi". He scowled and looked away. When the light turned green I pulled away and he pulled away right behind me. A mile or so later he pulled up next to me at the next light, but this time came right up next to me. When I looked over he said "You're lifting your feet up too soon. If you lift them too soon you won't have any balance until you get up to speed".

I was too stunned to reply.

bs
First he won't look at you then he decides to talk to you.... I call BS, this never happened.
Personally I would rather listen to loud pipes than a whiney assed kid typing away in his basement.
Red9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #78
pretbek
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red9 View Post
bs
First he won't look at you then he decides to talk to you.... I call BS, this never happened.
Personally I would rather listen to loud pipes than a whiney assed kid typing away in his basement.
WTF are you doing in the whiny assed kid's basement? Or do you mean "reading posts on a forum" when you say listen?
pretbek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #79
WayFar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
I have an RB Racing 2-1 on my shovel and a stocker on the Uly. To each his own.

1973 FL
2006 Uly
WayFar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #80
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 6,942
I thought the FMF on my DR was too loud and too barky when I first got the bike. The stock muff is loud enough that I kill the motor if I'm rooling up to the garage late at night. I'm not crazy about the tone though. I have a stock GSX-R muff waiting to go on when I get a Kientech adapter-midpipe kit for it, which should be just a little louder than stock without being barky like the FMF. I mostly just want the flow and the tone, but not the loudness.

Loud horns and alert pro-active riding save lives.
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:50 AM   #81
theshnizzle OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 846
I saw the posting of the " loudest pipes" completion. The first thing I thought of was up at D2D they have completions as well,but it's more about Motorcycle handling SKILLS......
theshnizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:39 AM   #82
Barnone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatland964 View Post
But I gave it some thought and I think a cheaper solution is to duct tape my horn button down when I ride!
That's what I always tell the Loud Pipes Saves Lives idiots. Just ride around with your horn blaring.
2014 Ice Bear PBZ110-1P Z50 clone monkey sidecar
2014 Sky Team MC-D34 CT70 clone
Barnone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:42 AM   #83
Benduro
None more black.

Oddometer: 1,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommando View Post
I thought the FMF on my DR was too loud and too barky when I first got the bike. The stock muff is loud enough that I kill the motor if I'm rooling up to the garage late at night. I'm not crazy about the tone though. I have a stock GSX-R muff waiting to go on when I get a Kientech adapter-midpipe kit for it, which should be just a little louder than stock without being barky like the FMF. I mostly just want the flow and the tone, but not the loudness.

Loud horns and alert pro-active riding save lives.
Kommando, if you thought the fmf was loud...good luck with anything else! I bet the gixxer can will sound good though. Probably a very nice can.
When I blew apart my fmf, I put on a two brothers m7. And a fmf powerbomb headpipe. Jesus.
I have been so close to ordering another fmf q4 so many times. This thing is obnoxious.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:53 PM   #84
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 6,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trespasser View Post
Kommando, if you thought the fmf was loud...good luck with anything else! I bet the gixxer can will sound good though. Probably a very nice can.
When I blew apart my fmf, I put on a two brothers m7. And a fmf powerbomb headpipe. Jesus.
I have been so close to ordering another fmf q4 so many times. This thing is obnoxious.
A guy I rode with in Chicago put a TB muff on his GSX-R 750. I couldn't even hear my streetbike's engine howling under me, if he was in front of or next to me.

As for the OP's story, this is quite timely...Just yesterday, I rode over to Orlando to stay at my sister's while my BIL is out of town. As I pull the dirty, nasty, bug-covered, sand-scraped, mud-caked DR up to the guardshack at her gated community, wearing FF helmet, elbow guards, armored gloves, boots, pants, bug-crusted Acerbis Cosmo chest/back protector, and a hi-viz undershirt, the guard there comments,

"You really like that thing, don't ya? I've seen you on it before. You have a car too, don't ya?"

Me- "Yeah. This bike has been an absolute blast since I got it."

Guard- "You really oughta check out a Harley."

Me- "I've ridden them before. My buddy had a nice little Sporty 1200 I liked."

Guard- "Naw, you need something bigger. Those are kinda girls' bikes. You want something like a Wide Glide. They got a nice cushy suspension too."

In my head- "I'm guessing they aren't cushy enough to take a ditch at over 20MPH without a few mods though, and I'm thinking they're probably a bit more taxing in the sugarsand if you're kinda girlie like me."

I'll have to ask him to come out riding when I get a buddy-bike CRF or something with a cushy for tushy suspension.

Some are guard dogs of the flock. Some herders, search/rescue, or companions. We Devildogs are those, and also retrievers. Hell is our blazing dogpark, our frigid swimming hole. The fallen are our tennis balls. We don't leave the fallen behind, even if the master has to bring them home for us. Semper Fi, my friends.
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:09 AM   #85
GapRunr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red9 View Post
bs
You just made it pretty clear to everyone that you are one of those old guys who rides a big ass full dresser, and usually has his feet down at anything less than 20 mph since you haven't got the experience to balance a bike at low speeds.

Go back to your golf cart, and get off my lawn.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:52 AM   #86
Jim Moore
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 12,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommando View Post
Guard- "Naw, you need something bigger. Those are kinda girls' bikes. You want something like a Wide Glide. They got a nice cushy suspension too."
I hear this a lot and I really don't get it. In my experience, comfort and fun rarely go together. In fact, they're typically opposites.

Pay the lady, PirateJohn, you thieving piece of garbage.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=949341
Jim Moore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:46 AM   #87
WormShanks
b00b

Oddometer: 347
Quote:
You just made it pretty clear to everyone that you are one of those old guys who rides a big ass full dresser, and usually has his feet down at anything less than 20 mph since you haven't got the experience to balance a bike at low speeds.

Regardless, I think most people would agree that listening to loud pipes is prefered over whining.

Ridden: AF AM AW AU AT AZ BS BH BD BB BY BW BV BR IO BN BG BF BI KH CM CA CZ DK SV GQ ER EE ET FK GI GR GP VA HN HK HU IS IN ID IR IQ KI KP KG LA LV LB LU NR NP NL AN NC NZ NI NE NO OM PK PR QA RE RO RU RW LC VC WS SM ST TM TC TV UG UA AE GB US UY UZ VU YE
WormShanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #88
Red9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 386
Quote:

Is that really the best you got.....
Red9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #89
panorton
Charming as F**k

Oddometer: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by WormShanks View Post
Regardless, I think most people would agree that listening to loud pipes is prefered over whining.

Sounds like we have a new poll
Old 07-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #90
Robert_W
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 272
In season we get literally 100000's of bikes through our neck of the woods. It's a steady stream all day past my office. For months in the summer. There are 2 paved roads here. One goes north south and the other east west.

I'm a live and let live / ride kinda guy. But with out question I loath the obnoxiously loud pipe thing.

We can be 2 miles or more away from pavement and still hear the F'ng things echoing up and down the valley. Seriously? I need to hear this shit MILES away! ?
www.kroutfitters.com
Robert_W is offline   Reply With Quote