No Jacket Required...

Summer breeze makes me feel fine
Blowin’ through the jasmine in my mind

Sweet days of summer - the jasmine’s in bloom
July dressed up and playing her tune
And I come home from a hard day’s work
And you’re waitin’ there
Not a care in the world

Today my friends was a no jacket day, when the sun woke up it was already warm, and by the time it had had it's juice and coffee, it was toasty, even in the shade of the overhanging Oak trees, in the small back lanes, it was warm. The hedgerows were alive with insects, butterfly's and birds were everywhere, and the scent of fresh flowers hung on the corner of every lane. perfect.

I got up early, as it was too warm to sleep, uncovered the bike, the BMW to be exact, clipped a camera to the rack, and headed out into the small country lanes in the direction of south Oxfordshire. I had heard a rumour, that there was to be a display of sports cars on an industrial estate in a small village a few miles from my home. So I thought it would be fun to try to find it, and see what was there, and as it was early, I may get some pictures before the world wakes up, well that was the plan.

The morning was about as perfect as an English morning could be, hardly a soul out in the lanes, the bike burbling along like the waters of a small brook, I found myself just drifting along those little back lanes, open face helmet, t-shirt, and soft leather gloves, it really doesn't get much better than this. So after zigzagging for a few miles, I arrived at the village, but there were no signs up yet to point the way, but I found a sign for an industrial estate so followed that. A little way further down one of the lanes, I turned a corner and whooow, I had found what I was looking for.

England-Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:57 AM   #2
England-Kev OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,404

Old 07-07-2013, 06:59 AM   #3
England-Kev OP
Beastly Adventurer

Blimey it looks like someone had parked a BSA there going by the oil on the ground :laugh

My Beemer and two Galaxie 500 race cars

Ex Pan America race car..

I would imagine that this would be busy later, and there would be lots more classic cars, but I needed to bust a move, I had a coffee craving, so loaded up and headed out, back into the small lanes.
As I was going down one of the lanes, a derelict barn caught my eye, but as I got closer, the barn took on a distinctly weirder look, and I had to stop to get a picture. As I walked up into the field away from the road this is what I found...

Mystified by this, I left the field, and headed out in search of coffee, this took me down towards the Thames at Goring, but the coffee shops were all shut, I still took the time to grab a picture or two...

Old 07-07-2013, 07:00 AM   #4
England-Kev OP
Beastly Adventurer

After this I headed closer to home, and dropped into Pangbourne for a coffee, and then the last few miles home. It was a great morning out, and so warm, I love the summer.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:46 AM   #5
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer: 7,632
Great photos, like to get over there for a ride around one day
Cheers
Baza
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:55 AM   #6
bpeckm
Grin!

Oddometer: 5,677

Oh man, Kevin.... how can you do this to us.... sheesh....

You have a way with words, and a way with your camera.... Thank You!

...oh, PS, I got my Fabbri screen and have it on my ST now... best looking screen imho!

Old 07-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #7
England-Kev OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeckm View Post
...oh, PS, I got my Fabbri screen and have it on my ST now... best looking screen imho!

Cool
Old 07-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #8
England-Kev OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter_greyghost View Post
Great photos, like to get over there for a ride around one day
Cheers
Baza
Most people who visit the UK, miss our little section, they hit Windsor, or Oxford, and go, heading for Wales, or north to the lakes, or Scotland. I don't blame them, those places are great, but they miss so much of the true England, the small home counties villages and hamlets, the tiny wooded lanes, and little country pubs.

Old 07-07-2013, 02:17 PM   #9
Rob Farmer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by England-Kev View Post
but they miss so much of the true England, the small home counties villages and hamlets, the tiny wooded lanes, and little country pubs.

Sssh! Lets keep it a secret? It'll be full of those dreadful Americans if you're not careful

Nice pics kev.
Rob Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #10
jellycow
Back on track!

Oddometer: 719
As aways, a joy to look at any of Kev's posts!

I sold my E-type 3 years ago because I just couldn't get started with restoring the 100% retarted basket case, stood in my garage for over 7 years and I had to make the only right decision: to part from it. I'm still in love with them, especially the clean look without bumpers. Thanks, this one put an extra smile on my face!

Quote:
Old 07-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #11
bpeckm
Grin!

Oddometer: 5,677
...for those of us with a certain "perspective"... the E-Type Jag is gotta be THE quintessential sexiest-car-on-earth..... the early ones with the streamlined headlights, the in-board rear discs, the triple-carbs and dual cams... just one helluva machine....

Practical: not! My friend had one and, just to adjust valve clearances was an all-day affair with shims, remove/replace.... but oh, what a gorgeous hunk of British engineering!

Old 07-07-2013, 04:09 PM   #12
Rango
Phaneropter

Oddometer: 1,120
Quote:
I would imagine that this would be busy later, and there would be lots more classic cars, but I needed to bust a move, I had a coffee craving, so loaded up and headed out, back into the small lanes.
As I was going down one of the lanes, a derelict barn caught my eye, but as I got closer, the barn took on a distinctly weirder look, and I had to stop to get a picture. As I walked up into the field away from the road this is what I found...

Mystified by this, I left the field, and headed out in search of coffee, this took me down towards the Thames at Goring, but the coffee shops were all shut, I still took the time to grab a picture or two...

It is amazing where a coffee deprivation can lead one to.
Is it an hallucination or an alien crash site, who'll know?
Old 07-07-2013, 11:04 PM   #13
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer: 7,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Farmer View Post
Sssh! Lets keep it a secret? It'll be full of those dreadful Americans if you're not careful

Nice pics kev.

So many lines, there's so many lines I could have used from comment, but I'm being good
I've always thought that area was one of the prettiest parts of the mother country, going what I've seen
Scotland would also be on the itenary as well
Cheers
Baza
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:18 AM   #14
Rob Farmer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter_greyghost View Post
So many lines, there's so many lines I could have used from comment, but I'm being good
I've always thought that area was one of the prettiest parts of the mother country, going what I've seen
Scotland would also be on the itenary as well
Cheers
Baza
It's all said in jest baza. Our American cousins are very welcome.
Rob Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:59 AM   #15
motu
Loose Pre Unit

Oddometer: 4,359
Quote:

Love the A95,or 105, I bet that would be an arm full to drive. Engine to Healy 100/6 or better I guess.
motu is offline   Reply With Quote