Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 03:08 PM   #1
sheptime OP
SupportOurTroops

Oddometer: 12
Cool2 On Four Wheels

This is my first post on this amazing forum!

I want to see what everyone drives when you're not riding a motorcycle.

Car, truck, suv, crossover, van, or horse and buggy! It doesn't matter if it was $500 or $100,000 I want to see them. Include your bike in the picture if you want to. Reviews, opinions, and questions are always welcome just at least try to stay on topic

Right now I'm "bikeless" so I drive a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 4x4. It has a 2.5" Rough Country lift, Magnaflow exhaust, and 295/65R18 Goodyear Duratracs. I absolutely love everything about this truck except for its addiction to fuel.

Courage is fear holding on a minute longer. - George S. Patton
sheptime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #2
seuadr
Wee-stromer

Oddometer: 770
ok, i'll bite:

2006 subaru forester. 150k on the clock, now. i love it. eats snow, eats dirt, eats rain, doesn't ever complain and i see a pretty consistant 22-25mpg out of it (depending on how .. uh.. spirited i drive) my wife can coax 27 out of it, but she drives like a boring old lady.

it's a utility vehicle. it isn't beautiful, except in it's simplicity. a lot like my bike:

not real fast, but fast enough to be fun. does everything i've ever asked of it without complaint.
seuadr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #3
crazydrummerdude
Wacky Bongo Boy

Oddometer: 7,518
I got my 1985 BMW 318i for free off craigslist almost 2 years ago. The previous owner was a complete moron, but at least he delivered it to my shop!

I wouldn't have accepted it if it wasn't a 2-door 5-speed.

A $100 part, and it was running beautifully. A couple hiccups here and there, but it's been my daily driver since.

The day I got it:

I'm redoing the paint right now:

crazydrummerdude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #4
Hardware02
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,133
My beast...

Shortly after taking delivery...

Hardware02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #5
NDEBT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,120
I would bet I've driven more cars and trucks than most here. Although I love the cool one's and I have no doubt it would be the same if I worked on bikes everyday. My slow assed bike gives me more pleasure.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain
NDEBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #6
R-1150-RS
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheptime View Post
This is my first post on this amazing forum!

I want to see what everyone drives when you're not riding a motorcycle.

Car, truck, suv, crossover, van, or horse and buggy! It doesn't matter if it was $500 or $100,000 I want to see them. Include your bike in the picture if you want to. Reviews, opinions, and questions are always welcome just at least try to stay on topic

Right now I'm "bikeless" so I drive a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 4x4. It has a 2.5" Rough Country lift, Magnaflow exhaust, and 295/65R18 Goodyear Duratracs. I absolutely love everything about this truck except for its addiction to fuel.
I also loved driving my Ford 7.3-ltr Powerstroke Turbo-Diesel Clubwagon van.
Loved the amount of room and how many of our 7-person family and gear I could haul in it.

Great on the highway, as it was comfortable and I was seated above traffic with a great view ahead of it.

The reality of physics hit home, as diesel fuel prices kept rising. As the kids got older and bought their own vehicles, didn't make sense to keep it and a 2012 Diesel Jetta TDI with over 3 to 4 times better fuel economy, is the current way I get around on 4 wheels.

Costs of fuel dropped from sometimes over $400 per month with the van, to rarely much over $100.

Driving a big vehicle, especially with only 1 or 2 people in it, seems like insanity, with the outrageous costs needed to fuel it. What enjoyment do you get, when you are reluctant to drive it whenever you want, due to those costs......?

I love driving the much more sportier Jetta whenever I want to now, knowing the cost of fuel is hardly worth thinking about. Will out-perform any van or pick-up by a wide margin too.

Gary
:) :)
- The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell

R-1150-RS screwed with this post 07-11-2013 at 08:23 PM
R-1150-RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:43 AM   #7
sheptime OP
SupportOurTroops

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydrummerdude View Post
I got my 1985 BMW 318i for free off craigslist almost 2 years ago. The previous owner was a complete moron, but at least he delivered it to my shop!

I wouldn't have accepted it if it wasn't a 2-door 5-speed.

A $100 part, and it was running beautifully. A couple hiccups here and there, but it's been my daily driver since.

The day I got it:

Free is always good! Part of me wishes I bought a cheaper more economical vehicle so I would have more money to spend on a bike, but the truth is I wasn't really interested in dual sports until recently...And I love my truck to much lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardware02 View Post
Shortly after taking delivery...

Awesome truck! When I first started searching around for a new truck I almost pulled the trigger on a Dodge Power Wagon. Imo they are the most capable trucks on the road but you do pay for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-1150-RS View Post
I also loved driving my Ford 7.3-ltr Powerstroke Turbo-Diesel Clubwagon van.
Loved the amount of room and how many of our 7-person family and gear I could haul in it.

Great on the highway, as it was comfortable and I was seated above traffic with a great view ahead of it.

The reality of physics hit home, as diesel fuel prices kept rising. As the kids got older and bought their own vehicles, didn't make sense to keep it and a 2012 Diesel Jetta TDI with over 3 to 4 times better fuel economy, is the current way I get around on 4 wheels.

Costs of fuel dropped from sometimes over $400 per month with the van, to rarely much over $100.

Driving a big vehicle, especially with only 1 or 2 people in it, seems like insanity, with the outrageous costs needed to fuel it. What enjoyment do you get, when you are reluctant to drive it whenever you want, due to those costs......?

I love driving the much more sportier Jetta whenever I want to now, knowing the cost of fuel is hardly worth thinking about. Will out-perform any van or pick-up by a wide margin too.

Gary
:) :)
I feel your pain.
My mom just bought a Jetta TDI Sport Wagon and that thing is awesome! To tell you the truth a little devil inside me was telling me to buy one too lol maybe even work out a package deal. The truck is more "me" though, if that makes sense. I've always had a truck and couldn't see myself without one.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:50 AM   #8
sheptime OP
SupportOurTroops

Quote:
Originally Posted by seuadr View Post
ok, i'll bite:

2006 subaru forester. 150k on the clock, now. i love it. eats snow, eats dirt, eats rain, doesn't ever complain and i see a pretty consistant 22-25mpg out of it (depending on how .. uh.. spirited i drive) my wife can coax 27 out of it, but she drives like a boring old lady.

it's a utility vehicle. it isn't beautiful, except in it's simplicity. a lot like my bike:

not real fast, but fast enough to be fun. does everything i've ever asked of it without complaint.
Subarus are strong, dependable cars with a great AWD system so I'm not surprised that it does everything you want.

I had a friend with a wrx sti and man was that a badass car

My bike will hopefully be a KLR 650 that my coworker has. Not a harley or a sportbike like most guys my age are riding these days; but a strong, reliable bike that will be great for a beginner.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:56 AM   #9
mb90535im
'05 R1200 GS

Oddometer: 4,828
Bought this on ebay the weekend before 9-11-2001. 1990 535i 5-speed. Best car I've ever owned and the M30 3.5 straight six is still one of the best engines on the road as far as I'm concerned. Closing in on a quarter million miles.

mb90535im is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:10 AM   #10
svs
All Hands on Deck!

Oddometer: 24,119
Two Fords and a Bug.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:33 AM   #11
sheptime OP
SupportOurTroops

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb90535im View Post
Bought this on ebay the weekend before 9-11-2001. 1990 535i 5-speed. Best car I've ever owned and the M30 3.5 straight six is still one of the best engines on the road as far as I'm concerned. Closing in on a quarter million miles.

Nice car!

[QUOTE=svs;21958135]

That is just awesome!

Old 07-27-2013, 12:09 AM   #12
motu
Loose Pre Unit

Oddometer: 4,367
I'm into free too. I got this 1990 NX Coupe as a bad debt, then found the car had a debt too - $4,000!!! The finance company released the car to me, but wouldn't remove the debt. So I drove it for 4 years under the original owners name, keeping nothing in it, not even bothering to lock it. It was a spare car for the family, and a sometime courtesy car in my business. Getting down from 5 cars to supposedly one, I can't sell it with a debt on it, and I couldn't even give it away, so finally put it in my name and have been using it for 3 years....now on a 40km commute. Good small car for one person, and I can fit a 209 litre drum in the back.

motu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:58 AM   #13
forrestlaw
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 306
+1 for free.

I had a 2010 F150, but sold it to get out of having a car payment when my grandma gave me her car. It's a 2000 Accord, but with only 22,000 miles (and 4,000 of those have been put on by me since April).
Old 07-27-2013, 06:17 AM   #14
snofrog
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 749
I have an 02 wrangler with 170,000 miles on it . I will be shopping soon
snofrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:49 AM   #15
Ruffus
Dirty Old Mudder

Oddometer: 4,043

And my 2 wheeled motivation.

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you
can feel the true warmth.: wisdom by ??

Reverse Darwinism...he's only alive because he's to stupid to die. : wisdom by AZRamjet

06 Husky TE510
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: