Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2013, 03:03 PM   #16
abhibeckert OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by PT Rider View Post
The Stebel Nautilus is good but not great. I prefer a pair of Fiamm Freeway Blasters (also sold under the NAPA label).
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...comparison.htm

Try stopping behind and to one side or the other of the stopped car, whichever side has the best escape route. It'll be quicker to get around the backing car if that is at all possible.
I'll look into getting a louder horn.

I always do stop next to the car but this was a narrow CBD street with parked cars on one side of him (not enough room even to fit a bike) and visability was too low with all the rain/lights for me to dare move into the next lane suddenly.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #17
abhibeckert OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtoplvr View Post
same thing. Horn no effect. I turned handlebars to lock and rode thru a ditch. Drunk asshole. I called 911 and gave his description, license, location. I doubt they caught him.
Really? In australia the police would haveturned up at the address the car is licesed to, and taken him to the office for a recorded interview. If he admits to driving, or a friend/family member sdmits to it, then they'd be fined.

If they claimed innocence there would be a jury trial and lying to the police would be added to the mix, no joke to be found guilty of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtoplvr View Post
There is a reason to practice starting with handlebars turned, rather than the easier roll forward then turn. This was it.
Turn to where? One one side I'd crash into a parked car and then he'd still reverse over me. On the other there was a completely empty lane possibly with some idiot driving 50mph ready to clean me up - not enough time to check.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #18
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 2,774
hate to admit it, but almost reversed over a scooter recently at night time.

stopped in traffic, approaching car wanted to turn across my path so looked back then slowly reversed.

all i could see were two wiggly lines and i suddenly realised it was the reflective bead on a black jacket and the rider was madly back footing it!

this scooter had a very low front headlight so invisible to any driver if within two car lengths. then black scooter, black helmet, black jacket.

i reckon i would have just got his front wheel if it wasn't for that reflective beading! still my fault though...
B1 is offline   Reply With Quote