Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Some Assembly Required
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #151
freetors
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 783
If you've got the money and machining skills anything is possible...
freetors is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:59 PM   #152
Brissybiker
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Rear Brakes

I have found the rear brake shoes lacking so I went on a search for replacements.
Ferodo ( FSB 704) fit straight in and are a considerable improvement.
Brissybiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:31 AM   #153
Just Dan OP
Bugger, Burnt toast

Oddometer: 1,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brissybiker View Post
I have found the rear brake shoes lacking so I went on a search for replacements.
Ferodo ( FSB 704) fit straight in and are a considerable improvement.
Thanks for that. My rear brakes are crap as well Did you buy them locally or from oversea.
Old bikers don't get old by accident.
Just Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #154
Brissybiker
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Dan View Post
Thanks for that. My rear brakes are crap as well Did you buy them locally or from oversea.
I suspected a link with Honda , so, with my old pads in hand I went to my local Pro Honda dealership here in Brisbane and we were able to measure and compare pads.
The new pads are the same as the CT 110 postie bike's Front pads.
Strange but true.
The Ferodo's I bought were made in Italy !
Cost; around aud 16.00.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #155
Reggsie
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Hey everyone, great thread! Started it last night and just finished. Pretty sure I'm going to get myself one of these to play around with after reading everything you guys had to say.

Just had one question myself. On the Ikonik website where the bike is for sale, there's an option for red or black coloring. Just wondering if anyone knew where I could get a picture of the black scheme for references sake?
Reggsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:07 PM   #156
Brissybiker
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggsie View Post
Hey everyone, great thread! Started it last night and just finished. Pretty sure I'm going to get myself one of these to play around with after reading everything you guys had to say.

Just had one question myself. On the Ikonik website where the bike is for sale, there's an option for red or black coloring. Just wondering if anyone knew where I could get a picture of the black scheme for references sake?
Lots of great info on this site to take in!
I've never actually seen a black frame version so I can't help you except to say that I'd say that 99% of people would order a red frame version because they look just great !

The guys at Ikonic are quite good and I'm sure they'd email you one if asked.

I had an issue with a broken brake lever and they sent it overnight from Perth to Brisbane.

Keep us posted!!
Old 11-11-2013, 11:38 PM   #157
Reggsie
n00b

Yeh I emailed them this morning. I got a reply almost immediately to my initial inquiry, just asking my location, but since then haven't heard anything back. :(
If I don't have a reply by tomorrow then I'll just give them a call and ring one up Pretty sure I'll stick with the red frame anyway.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:01 AM   #158
ACEitup
n00b

Rear brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Dan View Post
What ! u guys got rear brakes!
Mine just turns the tail light on!
cheers ACEitup
ACEitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:09 AM   #159
ACEitup
n00b

red

Quote:
Yeh I emailed them this morning. I got a reply almost immediately to my initial inquiry, just asking my location, but since then haven't heard anything back. :(
If I don't have a reply by tomorrow then I'll just give them a call and ring one up Pretty sure I'll stick with the red frame anyway.
I've seen a black frame in the flesh,
Red really stood out for me ! but whatever the color its great ride!
cheers ACEitup
ACEitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:23 AM   #160
Reggsie
n00b

Welp, I put an order in for one today... pretty excited to get my hands on it, pics just aren't enough!

Just had a question though, which tools will I need to put the thing together? Any particular size sockets etc that someone could point me towards? I have to get my tools from a friends place where I keep my dirt bike, and I'd rather not keep trotting back and forth to get different things over and over....

Thanks!
Old 11-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #161
Brissybiker
n00b

Quote:
Welp, I put an order in for one today... pretty excited to get my hands on it, pics just aren't enough!

Just had a question though, which tools will I need to put the thing together? Any particular size sockets etc that someone could point me towards? I have to get my tools from a friends place where I keep my dirt bike, and I'd rather not keep trotting back and forth to get different things over and over....

Thanks!
For the initial setup u won't need much besides a socket set,screwdriver and some wrenches.
You may want to get a friend along to hold the bike while installing the front wheel.
Pay particular attention to the positioning of the speedo drive locating slot.

After this you may need to bring more tools over depending on the mods you want to make.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:02 AM   #162
Lawson01
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Quote:

Hi, I own a red ace but I almost brought a black frame, both look very good. However if you plan on upgrading to a 150cc at any point I'd recommend the red as the black has a black painted engine.. Unless you can find or paint the 150 head black?

Here's some pictures of one..

Lawson01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:39 PM   #163
Quantumdriver
Quantumdriver

Oddometer: 2
Just bought one!

Hi there.

I am so glad I found this thread. I have just bought an Ace, picking it up next week. It's got a bit of accident damage, but has a low mileage. I can't wait to get stuck in. I feel a big bore kit coming on.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to improve the instrumentation? I think it needs matching tachometer and speedometer.

I'll post some pictures when it's back in the workshop.
Quantumdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:34 PM   #164
Just Dan OP
Bugger, Burnt toast

Oddometer: 1,774
Gee, I have been a bit slack in posting of late. Been away from home on a road trip. Good to be back and the little ACE started up straight away on the electric boot.

Went for a trash around town this morning and I had forgot how much fun and how well the bike goes with 150 kit. Properly the best mod I have done to the ACE.

Have also noticed on today's ride the front disc is slightly warped. Has been like it since new. Just hadn't paid much attention to it before. Like all projects, there is always some thing to fix
Old bikers don't get old by accident.
Just Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:47 AM   #165
Reggsie
n00b

Man that black frame and engine looks great! Hard to pick between them but I went with the red in the end. Picked it up today! A couple of mates and I put it together and tested it out; goes quite well I thought. Can't wait to get my teeth stuck in and dig out the cat, a few more horses would be nice for the hills, that's for sure.

Can't get over how good the bike looks, just can't stop staring! No damage whatsoever in transit either, so that was a nice surprise.