Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Some Assembly Required
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2013, 06:28 PM   #76
Schlug
JockeyfullofBourbon

Oddometer: 7,262
I know the reliability of these Chinese motors is all over the place, from them going to bits in 200 miles to people riding through South America on them.

I'll keep checking back to see how you make out.
-- It's in their hands. Our message is clear. They're seeing our determination.
Schlug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:45 PM   #77
rat110
Has a Zombie House

Oddometer: 493
I've heard the same. Guys getting a few months out of them, and others clocking up 30,000 + miles without drama.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:13 AM   #78
davorallyfan
Commonist

Oddometer: 15,478
What a great little thread - looks like fun. I want one with a 350 single in it to commute on.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:15 AM   #79
Just Dan OP
Bugger, Burnt toast

Oddometer: 1,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by davorallyfan View Post
What a great little thread - looks like fun. I want one with a 350 single in it to commute on.
I am fitting a big bore kit in next week end. Bringing it up to 150cc and big valve head. Suppose to increase torque and HP by 30%.
Old bikers don't get old by accident.
Just Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:22 AM   #80
rat110
Has a Zombie House

Oddometer: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Dan View Post
I am fitting a big bore kit in next week end. Bringing it up to 150cc and big valve head. Suppose to increase torque and HP by 30%.
Well that should get it moving along nicely!
Old 09-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #81
Just Dan OP
Bugger, Burnt toast

On my job list for things to do tomorrow .

Old 09-20-2013, 10:25 PM   #82
Just Dan OP
Bugger, Burnt toast

Saturday morning has rolled around and some shed time is in order. The 150cc big bore kit and large valve head has arrived from OOracing. The pic above.

First problem, How does the head come off without removing the engine. I had to remove the front two engine bolts that bolt to the down tube allowing the engine to drop about 1'' an enough to remove the head.

Looking at the stock piston.

Old piston off and waiting for a larger one to be fitted.

Tip for the day. When removing or fitting piston circlips (Jesus Clips) stick a Biro through the gudgeon pin to stop the clip from flying into space or dropping it inside your motor,

New barrel going on. I have left the base gasket off to increase the compression ratio.

Getting there.

Rocker gear back on.

What is a world without gadgets

4 hrs after I started. I am ready to push the starter button and the bike starts first go. Just like it has not been apart.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:00 AM   #83
Andrew2
Team 250

Oddometer: 5,172
Oh come on Dan,don't leave us hanging.....how does it go.

Cheers
A2

Andrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:19 AM   #84
Just Dan OP
Bugger, Burnt toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew2 View Post
Oh come on Dan,don't leave us hanging.....how does it go.

Cheers
A2
Hi A2'

I have not had a chance to take the bike for ride. That is the first task tomorrow morning. If it is like the stock engine. It will be really tight for the first 100 k's Or so. Then it should go better. Most people have done this conversion say. The bike does not go much faster, but has a lot more torque and either accelerate a lot better or pull taller gearing.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:17 AM   #85
Andrew2
Team 250

Oddometer: 5,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Dan View Post
Hi A2'

I have not had a chance to take the bike for ride. That is the first task tomorrow morning. If it is like the stock engine. It will be really tight for the first 100 k's Or so. Then it should go better. Most people have done this conversion say. The bike does not go much faster, but has a lot more torque and either accelerate a lot better or pull taller gearing.
I looked at these when they first came out and must say it did something for me.I saw one yesterday and the rider made me realise how small they are.Now if I could just lose that 30kg I'll be laughing.

Cheers
A2

Andrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:35 AM   #86
aldo1992x
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Laugh

Hey Dan your bike build is looking awesome! I've got an Ace 125 as well, I've changed the handlebars and have the 303 tune up kit from ooracing that I'll be installing this weekend. I wasn't going to do much more to my bike becuase I don't have that much money to spend on it, but after looking at yours I really want to increase the displacement to the 150cc and a new pair of shocks.

My question to you is about the tyres you have on your bike, they look A LOT bigger than the stock ones it comes with. Could you please tell me the size and brand?

Thank you and great build and quality thread!

Aj
aldo1992x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:59 AM   #87
Just Dan OP
Bugger, Burnt toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldo1992x View Post
Hey Dan your bike build is looking awesome! I've got an Ace 125 as well, I've changed the handlebars and have the 303 tune up kit from ooracing that I'll be installing this weekend. I wasn't going to do much more to my bike becuase I don't have that much money to spend on it, but after looking at yours I really want to increase the displacement to the 150cc and a new pair of shocks.

My question to you is about the tyres you have on your bike, they look A LOT bigger than the stock ones it comes with. Could you please tell me the size and brand?

Thank you and great build and quality thread!

Aj
Welcome to Club Skyteam. I am really happy with my replacement tires. They have really transformed the bike into something nice to ride. The tires are Michelin Pilot Sporty. The sizes are 2.75 x18 front and 90/90 x18 rear. The rear is about 8mm wider than stock. Also need new tubes as well. The stock ones will not last very long.

When fitting your rear sprocket from OO. Make sure the circlip is fully seated all the way round. If not the sprocket fall off as it is only the circlip holding the the rear sprocket on.

Removing the cat out of the header pipe is the best thing you can do on the cheap. Is your master fully Aluminium of part plastic like mine?. If your bike has a Aluminium master cylinder. This means your bike was made this year and not last year like mine.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:17 AM   #88
aldo1992x
n00b

Oddometer: 3
I think it it is fully aluminium but I'm not 100%, it is a 2012 model so probably not.

I must say you are a wealth of knowledge! When you say remove the cat out of the header pipe, do I need to weld and cut the exhaust? If so I'd have to pass on it as I don't have the required tools.

Btw how does the bike go since you installed the bore kit? Is there a noticeable difference in acceleration and top speed?

Also where did you get your rear sets from? I noticed them today when I was looking at your pictures and they are a really nice touch!

Thank you again for such great advice!
aldo1992x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:04 AM   #89
Just Dan OP
Bugger, Burnt toast

If you look at your header pipe under the engine. There is 100mm of raised pipe. That is where the cat is. Most cut the header pipe where the cat is and dig it out. and slip on and after market muffler from Ebay.

The foot pegs are these ones from Ebay. They just replace the standard foot pegs. Need to filed a bit at the back of the pegs to sit flat.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/130881452...84.m1423.l2649

Still running the engine in. Also now with the bigger bore. I have to alter the jetting the needle clip to make the bike run better in the 1/2 to 3/4 throttle.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #90
sidetrack one
Boss STAG

Oddometer: 4,669
Thes bikes are just sooooo cool!
Top work Dan!
sidetrack one is offline   Reply With Quote