User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2013, 08:39 AM   #1
Moto-Caddy OP
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Introduction of Moto-Caddy Rack System

I have decided to make the introduction into the market after many months of development and testing of the revolutionary Patent Pending design for a M.R.S. or Modular Rack System the I intend to sell in a minumum of 3 Stages. It is capable of being used as a basic cargo rack or use it to the full potential and transport your bike and everything in between including skis, scuba tanks, golf clubs, rifles and much more!! Please see our website for more info: www.moto-caddy.com

Introductory Pricing

Stage 1 Cargo Rack $85 plus shipping

Stage 2 Cargo Rack W/Backrest and 2-2" nylon straps $179 plus shipping

Stage 3 Complete package with bike tray assembly $349 plus shipping

This rack system keeps the load COG centered and stable and when carrying a bike it is mounted in a semi-vertical position which lowers the COG as much as possible.

The database of bikes that I have mounting holes to date is limited to the KLR 650, BMW F800GS, KTM 990 and the V-Strom. Some of the other candidates are the Honda NC700, ST's, Yamaha FJR and many more. I intend to grow the mounting database and will be happy to work with anyone who has a bike that would make a good platform for the rack.

I am trying to set up a couple of demos locally with users to provide a review of the product. If you are interested in a demo please contact eric@moto-caddy.com.

We have vendors secured for components and are waiting to finalize the pricing for the final release. We are proud to present the product as American made and assembled!

Moto-Caddy is a young company and we will do our best to respond to questions in a timely manner and we are going to approach the first orders with extreme attention to detail to make sure we provide a superior product with even better customer service!

Best Regards, Eric

Moto-Caddy screwed with this post 07-15-2013 at 11:43 AM
Moto-Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #2
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,249
Please read the posted Vendors forum rules. You must post your price. Thank you.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #3
Moto-Caddy OP
n00b

Moto-Caddy Pricing

Thanks for the reminder!
Old 07-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #4
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,451
I'd like to see some pics of your rack with a Pelican 1700 case (~38"x16"x6" or so) or simalar sized case on a bike.

Also, any plans for a Tiger 800 fittament?
lmychajluk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #5
Moto-Caddy OP
n00b

The stage 2 rack would easily accommodate a pelican case like that in the vertical position and would be similar to the picture of the Wolfman large duffle shown on th website.

I also intend to offer an aluminum platform that will mount on top of the Stage 1 rack for cargo like coolers and camping gear.

Would you be willing to send me a close up picture of the Tiger cargo platform and then maybe we can talk about dimensions.

Thanks for the questions!
Old 07-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #6
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,451
I'll see what I can do re: the pics.

This is just a mental excersize for me right now. I was actually thinking of mounting the case on one of my side racks (Wolfman), so the case would be verticle and edge-on to the direction of travel, either instead of or behind a soft bag. (The simple option would be just to lay flat across the back.) When I saw your rack, I got to thinking that maybe it could be mounted similarly to the bike carrier - hanging off the back and angled forward, still edge-on. Not sure how much I like that tall verticle plate ... I'm almost thinking a slightly shorter vertical support post, maybe with some strap loops, might be more versatile...
lmychajluk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:22 PM   #7
wdeTA
TransAlp Adv

Oddometer: 432
Looks nice. Good luck. Having carried my bicycle on my motorcycle for years and gone through several iterations of home built racks, I always keep my eyes open for new ideas/players.

A suggestion to you or your web designer. Make the first thing in the code for your home page (even if it's hidden) include your company name so when someone book marks your page it comes up with something that actually identifies you instead of the generic "Home" like it currently does.

89 Transalp
01 XR400R
http://daleeva.smugmug.com/Motorcycle
wdeTA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #8
Moto-Caddy OP
n00b

Tiger Mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeTA View Post
Looks nice. Good luck. Having carried my bicycle on my motorcycle for years and gone through several iterations of home built racks, I always keep my eyes open for new ideas/players.

A suggestion to you or your web designer. Make the first thing in the code for your home page (even if it's hidden) include your company name so when someone book marks your page it comes up with something that actually identifies you instead of the generic "Home" like it currently does.

Dale - Thanks! I like your point about the bookmark but not sure how to correct using the website builder I used. I will call them and ask if they can coach me. Happy trail riding with your bike!

IMY-I did a little research on the Tiger 800 and it looks like that will be a easy adaptation to mount our baseplate on the four hole pattern.
I will try to get by a local dealer and see if I can get dimensions soon.

Regards,
Old 07-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #9
wdeTA
TransAlp Adv

Oddometer: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Caddy View Post
Dale - Thanks! I like your point about the bookmark but not sure how to correct using the website builder I used. I will call them and ask if they can coach me. Happy trail riding with your bike!
If you look in the source code for the page not too far in you will see field that says ">title>Home>/title>" (leading '<' switched to '>" so the html doesn't get reinterpreted here). Replace the word "Home" with something like "Moto-Caddy" and that's what it should default to when your potential customers bookmark the page.

89 Transalp
01 XR400R
http://daleeva.smugmug.com/Motorcycle
wdeTA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #10
Moto-Caddy OP
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeTA View Post
If you look in the source code for the page not too far in you will see field that says ">title>Home>/title>" (leading '<' switched to '>" so the html doesn't get reinterpreted here). Replace the word "Home" with something like "Moto-Caddy" and that's what it should default to when your potential customers bookmark the page.

Thanks - I will see if I can find the source code.

I also stopped by a couple of dealers yesterday and measured the hole pattern for the Triumph Tiger 800XC and the V-Stroms so I added these to my baseplate.

Regards, Eric
Old 09-30-2013, 08:40 AM   #11
mergatroyd
Loser

Oddometer: 99
Installed and loaded on a V-Strom