Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #871
veriest1
Grand NOOBlet

Oddometer: 2,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bold2getold View Post
I'll ride down there tomorrow and check it out. I'm way to old to pack/sleep in a tent for a short trip like this. No big deal, if there is a space problem I'll check you guys next year. Maybe you will find a larger area for the event.
When you look at the map it'll be bluish and say "Lake Whitney" or something like that. You can't miss it.

Hopefully the contingency parking plan comes through.

Keep in mind, those who aren't sleeping at Rally HQ shouldn't have a parking problem.
veriest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:25 AM   #872
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,462
ROLL THE BONES RALLY TEXAS October 25-27, 2013

Quote:
I'll ride down there tomorrow and check it out. I'm way to old to pack/sleep in a tent for a short trip like this. No big deal, if there is a space problem I'll check you guys next year. Maybe you will find a larger area for the event.
It will be a nice ride but it won't tell you anything as you don't know how RTB plans to use the space.

Edit: I get paid to worry ....but I'd do it for free. ;)

slowoldguy screwed with this post 10-09-2013 at 06:49 AM
slowoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:32 AM   #873
scobib
Magic Chef

Oddometer: 952
Get a hotel room nearby and ride. Ride like the wind. Ride it like Miley rides her Arizona Ice Tea cans.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:53 AM   #874
TXjames
High Sider

Oddometer: 1,062
2bold, if you want to attend the rally just come on down. Ghost will find room for you and anyone else who wants to ride with us. SOG was just asking that everyone keep the size of our venue in mind and not bring extra vehicles if possible. That and some of you may have to snuggle with Big Dave. It's not that bad if you get there early though, you'll get to pick which end of him to pitch your tent on. In reality, the space issue may be all in our heads. We just don't know because it was never even a consideration at the abandoned airstrip we used to occupy. If there really is a problem, rest assured RTB will have it fixed in 2014 but we'll make due in the meantime.

And like Scobib said, there are still plenty of indoor accommodations nearby. We'll have a shuttle to get you there. Where were you originally planning on sleeping?

TXjames screwed with this post 10-09-2013 at 07:57 AM
TXjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:42 AM   #875
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer: 6,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXjames View Post
2bold, if you want to attend the rally just come on down. Ghost will find room for you and anyone else who wants to ride with us. SOG was just asking that everyone keep the size of our venue in mind and not bring extra vehicles if possible. That and some of you may have to snuggle with Big Dave. It's not that bad if you get there early though, you'll get to pick which end of him to pitch your tent on. In reality, the space issue may be all in our heads. We just don't know because it was never even a consideration at the abandoned airstrip we used to occupy. If there really is a problem, rest assured RTB will have it fixed in 2014 but we'll make due in the meantime.

And like Scobib said, there are still plenty of indoor accommodations nearby. We'll have a shuttle to get you there. Where were originally planning on sleeping?
Yep...Extra vehicle parking will be the issue. I will still designating parking when I get there on Thursday. We will have motorcycle parking specific and NOT in the Camp area! NO BIKES AT THE TENT! The parking will be less than a mile a way so you won't have to far to walk....................................... ...................................

Just kidding...Parking for bikes will be about 75 to 100 feet from camp area
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 6 10/23-10/25/2015: ?.......
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #876
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Quote:
I still have 2 beds in the loft available.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #877
2bold2getold
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXjames View Post

And like Scobib said, there are still plenty of indoor accommodations nearby. We'll have a shuttle to get you there. Where were you originally planning on sleeping?
I've got a Ford Escape and a trailer. I slept in the back of the Escape last year. Worked good. I've spent a lot of time in a tent.... 21 days on Mt. McKinley in "84 on a mile deep ice and 20K+ft..... and I don't feel the need to do any tent time I don't have to. In the time it would take me to pack and set up a ground cloth, tent, mat, and sleeping bag, I could ride back home. Besides I'm a COG (Cheap Old Guy). Doesn't make sense to me to get a hotel room an hour from home. If there's a place to park it with in a mile or two, I'm good. I can still walk that far. I need to take the Transalp for a ride any way to test out the new fork mods, so I'll run down there this morning and take a look. Besides I've got a tradition of showing up a week or two early for this thing. Maybe I won't catch anything on fire this time.
2bold2getold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #878
steveWFL
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,343
Quote:
I've got a Ford Escape and a trailer. I slept in the back of the Escape last year. Worked good. I've spent a lot of time in a tent.... 21 days on Mt. McKinley in "84 on a mile deep ice and 20K+ft..... and I don't feel the need to do any tent time I don't have to. In the time it would take me to pack and set up a ground cloth, tent, mat, and sleeping bag, I could ride back home. Besides I'm a COG (Cheap Old Guy). Doesn't make sense to me to get a hotel room an hour from home. If there's a place to park it with in a mile or two, I'm good. I can still walk that far. I need to take the Transalp for a ride any way to test out the new fork mods, so I'll run down there this morning and take a look. Besides I've got a tradition of showing up a week or two early for this thing. Maybe I won't catch anything on fire this time.
I'm a cog too, high fivers. Looking forward to meeting you out there but I'll be coast to coast on my klr instead of the Concours this trip

sent by Tapatalk, but there has to be a better way
'99 ZX9R - because I like the other one so much
'08 ZZR600 minty
steveWFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #879
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveWFL View Post
I'm a cog too, high fivers. Looking forward to meeting you out there but I'll be coast to coast on my klr instead of the Concours this trip

sent by Tapatalk, but there has to be a better way
Do I need to bring oil?
Old 10-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #880
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Please take note!

Extra Cabins and RV slots at UNCLE Gus's RV/Cabins are running out fast so make your reservations soon!!!
Cabins start at $75 a night, call: 254/ 622-2276
Old 10-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #881
cleatusj
Dirt floor engineer

Oddometer: 1,103
Just a tent, bike and o'h yea, that third wheel off to the right side. That third wheel helps to keep the drunks from knocking all the bikes in one line over while looking for a tree to hide behind.

Hack build: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...rt+floor+build
cleatusj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #882
bigdave-gs
Explorer

Oddometer: 2,425
For you folks that are worried about a place to leave your trucks and trailers. I'm 15 minutes from the venue straight down Hwy 22.

This lot is 135' by 150'

This one is 80' by 315'

I will talk to the local law enforcement and ask them to do more drive throughs for us so no one will mess with anything here. It's never been a problem, but I'd just like to make sure. This is a business and the local police drive through on weekends already, but I will ask them to up the drive throughs for me for your peace of mind.

2004 BMW R1150GS Adventure for street work / KTM 950 Super Enduro for Dirt work !
bigdave-gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #883
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Way to step up big-dave. That will work. Drop gear at HQ. Drop truck and trailer at big-dave's. Ride to Rally. That is a great help.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #884
japako
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
I'm not sure I understand the parking thing. If we have room at the lodge, we cannot park our truck and trailer there???
japako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #885
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oh. And as far LEO presence, I'll just ride by a couple of times. That will guarantee their presence.

slowoldguy, today getting blamed for shit he didn't do, well...along with the shit he did. But the point remains...