Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Hacks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #46
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 7,073
In googling around yesterday I saw an obviously homemade one on a ...K100 .....I think it was. Not a telelever.

Would it work on a telelever? Why not if it works on regular forks and then there's no messing around with the ball joint at all.

Like this ...

Dan Alexander screwed with this post 08-28-2013 at 08:38 AM
Dan Alexander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #47
davebig OP
Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer: 2,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Alexander View Post
In googling around yesterday I saw an obviously homemade one on a ...K100 .....I think it was. Not a telelever.

Would it work on a telelever? Why not if it works on regular forks and then there's no messing around with the ball joint at all.

Like this ...

Something like that would work for ones self can you imagine the liability if you sold one and it failed, you may be able to work that out yourself but have to reverse fork legs to get brake calipers to line up.DB
Old 08-28-2013, 09:36 AM   #48
Melrone
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 921
ow after owning my rig sinse 09 I won't go into what I've had to rebuild,but I put my input here.If I knew what I know now.I would have never bought a PW built rig.. I like my rig don't get me wrong its really nice looking,but that don't get you down the road.I'm contiplating taking it else where and getting it done right.But then theres the cash flow problem..So I just keep repairing there shit. And keeping it on the road....
Melrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:05 PM   #49
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

For some reason I keep losing this picture, it's there for a while and then when I go back to the thread it's gone so I reload and then it's gone again.

I downloaded to Photobucket so I'll see if it stays now.

This should work by leaving the brake calipers in the same place and use longer bolts and maybe small spacers to fasten, then a spacer and bushing with a a bolt through where the previous axle was mounted, then a hole for a new wider axle and have the LL in the same plane all the way down.

What kind of metal .. steel .. titanium??

How far forward should the new axle be??

Thoughts?

Dan Alexander screwed with this post 08-28-2013 at 04:12 PM
Dan Alexander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:03 PM   #50
davebig OP
Another Angry Hun !

Fixing the fence

Neighbor managed to back motorhome into my fence and bend a couple poles, found a good use for rig and rope pull and strap it all worked.

Who says they things have no practical application ??????
Old 10-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #51
davebig OP
Another Angry Hun !

a little ranting is good for the soul !

Spent most of the afternoon at home low grade fever and possible onset of a cold so resting up a bit.
Surfing the net for lots of my favorite things BMW motorcycles are some of my favorites but they've gone a little off the deep end it doesn't seem like they are ultra dependable and easy to maintain anymore.
I checked the used stock at 3 very good dealers, Nicks BMW WI,Gina's BMW IA and Moon Motors MN all dealers I wouldn't be afraid to deal with.
Whoops all three had new used K1600gts or whatever the sixes nomenclature is.So what's with that ?Thinking of Eastbloc fellow inmate who's the Comprador Bourgeoisie (google it)
Are the technocrat bourgeois BMW riders unhappy with the new steed ? Is there unhappiness in the kingdom ? WTF
I'm really surprised no one on the Hacks forum has embarked on attaching a sidecar to one. I know there's got to be a techhead out there who wants too, come on boys the recessions over !

The production of too many useful things results in too many useless people.

Karl Marx
Old 10-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #52
High Octane
High Octane

Oddometer: 54
I have a k1600 gtl. Absolutely love the bike, but I'd never hack it. The bike handles fantastic. Putting a hack on it would destroy the best handling touring bike ever made. A hack on a cb900, $3000 great! But not a k1600 at $30,000 no way.
High Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #53
High Octane
High Octane

Oddometer: 54
Deleted duplicate post.
High Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:25 PM   #54
davebig OP
Another Angry Hun !

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Octane View Post
I have a k1600 gtl. Absolutely love the bike, but I'd never hack it. The bike handles fantastic. Putting a hack on it would destroy the best handling touring bike ever made. A hack on a cb900, $3000 great! But not a k1600 at $30,000 no way.
Yeah ! one honest man ! One would be lucky to get it done for only 30, to do it justice it would have to have centerhub steering, 17" auto tires and a swaybar.DB
Old 10-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #55
halflive
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 338
Quote:
For some reason I keep losing this picture, it's there for a while and then when I go back to the thread it's gone so I reload and then it's gone again.

I downloaded to Photobucket so I'll see if it stays now.

This should work by leaving the brake calipers in the same place and use longer bolts and maybe small spacers to fasten, then a spacer and bushing with a a bolt through where the previous axle was mounted, then a hole for a new wider axle and have the LL in the same plane all the way down.

What kind of metal .. steel .. titanium??

Thoughts?
I know the guys who build this one. It is made of common construction steel. The axle should move approx 2 inches, 5cm forward. Usually trail is about 4 inch on a solo bike, on a sidecar you are looking for something just under 2 inch.
halflive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #56
TouringDave
Tri Moto Veritas

Oddometer: 7,004
Quote:

Thoughts?

Dan, hope this helps. This is on my 2007 DL1000.

TouringDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #57
Melrone
Studly Adventurer

I know some of our favorite inmates are going to think I'm crazy,but I'm getting ready to do something.I ran into some cash and getting ready to rid myself of the PNW build and getting it rebuilt right..Dav says a rig is never done its true.. I'm to the point of no trust in my subframe or anything they have built I'm calling Claude and setting a appointment for a redo including a swaybar..I do like my rig,but i need to trust my rig..By summer i will../
Old 10-29-2013, 10:59 AM   #58
davebig OP
Another Angry Hun !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrone View Post
I know some of our favorite inmates are going to think I'm crazy,but I'm getting ready to do something.I ran into some cash and getting ready to rid myself of the PNW build and getting it rebuilt right..Dav says a rig is never done its true.. I'm to the point of no trust in my subframe or anything they have built I'm calling Claude and setting a appointment for a redo including a swaybar..I do like my rig,but i need to trust my rig..By summer i will../
You'll be in better company, Stroker,Twintwin etc etc. Damned if I know how the PNW boys say my rig was a beta design the that's why it broke that's the biggest load of horseshit ever ! It's a manufactured piece of hardware it either works or it was done poorly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I better not get started ! DB
Old 10-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #59
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Old 10-30-2013, 09:34 AM   #60
Melrone
Studly Adventurer

I'll be a nice boy if you will..We're not going start another war.I'm now trying to get a hold Claude for a time line.. i'll keep you posted....