ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #16
BanjoBoy
Studly Adventurer
 
BanjoBoy's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Northern CA
Oddometer: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRideASlowBike View Post
Christ... not this shit again!
^THIS^

__________________
2007 FJR1300
2007 FZ6 (Dirt bike)
BanjoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #17
PalePhase
Humour Noir
 
PalePhase's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: That's neither here nor there
Oddometer: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offcamber View Post
No you need Garret Morris on the back of the bike LOL

Ah, great stuff! That skit was pure genius! That might yet give this thread some half-assed value!
__________________
“Fools learn from experience. I prefer to learn from the experience of others.”― Otto von Bismarck

1995 Honda VF750CD
2002 Honda VFR800
PalePhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:38 PM   #18
dddd
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal, Canada
Oddometer: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinalcracker View Post
blind people can't drive cars but the deaf can.
+1
But the best comeback to me is: "loud pipes cost rights."

Just as guns are made to kill, loud pipes have only one purpose. And the worst hypocrites will say it sounds better rather than admitting it is truly to piss other people off.
dddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #19
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NWA
Oddometer: 9,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddd View Post
+1
But the best comeback to me is: "loud pipes cost rights."

Just as guns are made to kill, loud pipes have only one purpose. And the worst hypocrites will say it sounds better rather than admitting it is truly to piss other people off.
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:39 PM   #20
IRideASlowBike
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: SE PA
Oddometer: 1,787
c
IRideASlowBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:02 PM   #21
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer
 
bwalsh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hell town
Oddometer: 10,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRideASlowBike View Post
c
s
__________________
2004 XR650L / 2001 R1150GS
NWVA TAG NWVA TAG MAP RTE THREAD & IN LIST



bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:41 PM   #22
señormoto
Supermoto Abuser
 
señormoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: California + Costa Rica
Oddometer: 1,110
Loud pipes may not save lives but they sure sound better than a plugged up limited stock piece of crap that has no place on a performance motorcycle (which negates all HD and clones).

If you don't like loud pipes you're entitled to your opinion and riders are entitled to their legally regulated and approved loud pipes so your argument is useless. Plenty of states don't even have a limit to exhaust decibels. Even at MX tracks the AMA limit is pretty high, which you would know if you've been to a race.

OP, just so you know here are the legal limits per state since you're clearly a bit anal about the topic: http://drivinglaws.aaa.com/laws/moto...-noise-limits/
__________________
I have a feeling that there are some decisions being made on certain teams lately to make things more complex in order to ensure a certain technological standard of confusion is met.

señormoto screwed with this post 07-25-2013 at 06:45 PM Reason: words and things
señormoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #23
PalePhase
Humour Noir
 
PalePhase's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: That's neither here nor there
Oddometer: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by señormoto View Post
Loud pipes may not save lives but they sure sound better than a plugged up limited stock piece of crap that has no place on a performance motorcycle (which negates all HD and clones).

If you don't like loud pipes you're entitled to your opinion and riders are entitled to their legally regulated and approved loud pipes so your argument is useless.

OP, just so you know here are the legal limits per state since you're clearly a bit anal about the topic: http://drivinglaws.aaa.com/laws/moto...-noise-limits/
Got any actual data that relates sound volume to performance?
__________________
“Fools learn from experience. I prefer to learn from the experience of others.”― Otto von Bismarck

1995 Honda VF750CD
2002 Honda VFR800
PalePhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:46 PM   #24
señormoto
Supermoto Abuser
 
señormoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: California + Costa Rica
Oddometer: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalePhase View Post
Got any actual data that relates sound volume to performance?
Sure. Go get a stock bike and put it on a dyno. Then take the stock pipe off and put on a real pipe that isn't EPA neutered and tune the carb or efi appropriately and re-dyno. The increased performance results are not exactly a new science. More flow = better. More flow = louder than EPA limited stock pipes. Simple logic.
__________________
I have a feeling that there are some decisions being made on certain teams lately to make things more complex in order to ensure a certain technological standard of confusion is met.
señormoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #25
Thanantos
Ride hard.
 
Thanantos's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Michigan
Oddometer: 3,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by señormoto View Post
Even at MX tracks the AMA limit is pretty high, which you would know if you've been to a race.
Well that wins the argument. If you haven't been to a race you're not cool enough to have an opinion.
__________________
1999 DR350SE

2013 V-Strom
Thanantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:15 PM   #26
PalePhase
Humour Noir
 
PalePhase's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: That's neither here nor there
Oddometer: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by irideaslowbike View Post
c
s
m
__________________
“Fools learn from experience. I prefer to learn from the experience of others.”― Otto von Bismarck

1995 Honda VF750CD
2002 Honda VFR800
PalePhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:23 PM   #27
señormoto
Supermoto Abuser
 
señormoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: California + Costa Rica
Oddometer: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
Well that wins the argument. If you haven't been to a race you're not cool enough to have an opinion.
Oh we're going to take the thread in that direction I guess?
__________________
I have a feeling that there are some decisions being made on certain teams lately to make things more complex in order to ensure a certain technological standard of confusion is met.
señormoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #28
Anorak
Woolf Barnato
 
Anorak's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: OAK
Oddometer: 33,219
How about this? I heard what sounded like a really big liter bike with very little noise suppression pull into my shop. It was a 5 liter V-10

E60 M5


With servo exhaust cut outs.

__________________
'Gonna get me a six pack...push people off the highway!'

"they live off the carrion of our mutual distrust and bribe us with symbols that equate hatred with manhood."

"I mean at the end of the day, I was addicted to Starting Fluid for Christ's sake!"

"Yeah, that guy sure is terrible at touching moms"
Anorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:53 PM   #29
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NWA
Oddometer: 9,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by señormoto View Post
Loud pipes may not save lives but they sure sound better than a plugged up limited stock piece of crap that has no place on a performance motorcycle (which negates all HD and clones).

If you don't like loud pipes you're entitled to your opinion and riders are entitled to their legally regulated and approved loud pipes so your argument is useless. Plenty of states don't even have a limit to exhaust decibels. Even at MX tracks the AMA limit is pretty high, which you would know if you've been to a race.

OP, just so you know here are the legal limits per state since you're clearly a bit anal about the topic: http://drivinglaws.aaa.com/laws/moto...-noise-limits/
Well I'll be damned, ole Spinalcracker caught one! I never would have imagined that weak ass bait had a chance.
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:04 PM   #30
tapdiggy
Gnarly Adventurer
 
tapdiggy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Oddometer: 184
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Well I'll be damned, ole Spinalcracker caught one! I never would have imagined that weak ass bait had a chance.
I'd say it was more subtle than weak. Like all good lures should be..... you know... because it is trolling.... anyone?
__________________
My riding shoes are Adidas. Boom
tapdiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014