User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2014, 09:34 AM   #1
NatsFan OP
Adventure Apprentice

Oddometer: 286
Bajaj Chetak, missing stuff!

Hello all, been bikeless for sometime, just picked up this Bajaj for round town shit.

Its an '02, decent shape. Got a Macco paint job I would have payed extra to not have. They freekin painted everything! Runs pretty good but needs a few things sorted...

WTF you HAVE to host your pics somewhere else now? Things change....

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there." Berra
NatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:37 AM   #2
TrashCan
Scary Jerry

Oddometer: 4,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatsFan View Post
Hello all, been bikeless for sometime, just picked up this Bajaj for round town shit.

Its an '02, decent shape. Got a Macco paint job I would have payed extra to not have. They freekin painted everything! Runs pretty good but needs a few things sorted...

WTF you HAVE to host your pics somewhere else now? Things change....

Yeah, about 2 years ago.
Plenty of free sites to host your pictures then link them here.

TrashCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:44 AM   #3
NatsFan OP
Adventure Apprentice

Thanks,

While I am doing that...

Does anyone know where I can get the tube that runs from the intake baffle to the carb? How is the airfilter supposed to look? The PO chucked that stuff and put a really "cool" one on. I can't even find a pic of what I am looking for. I still have the baffle under the tank. I know pics would be great...

Bajaj stuff is rare but is the airbox similar to the 4 stroke stella or 2 stroke for that matter?

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there." Berra
Old 02-22-2014, 09:49 AM   #4
NatsFan OP
Adventure Apprentice

Old 02-22-2014, 09:51 AM   #5
NatsFan OP
Adventure Apprentice

Pic take 2

Yahh

Old 02-22-2014, 10:15 AM   #6
rowdyc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
A carb air hose from a Stella should work either the four stroke or two but I wonder did the po change the jets to fit the different air intake.
Nice scooter.

Try this site for more info.

http://retrobajaj.informe.com/index.php
rowdyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:15 AM   #7
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,629
The Bajaj looks a lot like a Stella, but it is 4 stroke (I have a 2 stroke Stella, original paint, not a scratch) When I first heard of the 4 stroke Stella, I heard it was going to be basically the Bajaj engine. Then I heard it was completely different. It does look different. You might try www.scootercentral.net for information.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:45 AM   #8
NatsFan OP
Adventure Apprentice

I would assume it has been rejetted, it runs pretty good, idles nice and no smoke. Of course the exhaust is stock which pretty much negates any airflow advantage.

I don't want the extra noise and I dont want to switch to a K&N type filter. Too much dust here in the dessert. It is nice to be able to blow of paper filters with the compressor and put them back on.

I test rode a two smoke Stella before I bought this one. I could tell no difference in zip. The Stella had less miles too, but shifting was much rougher. I prefer the 4 stroke too, from what I understand it is either designed or built my Kawasaki.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:15 PM   #9
Trucker jay
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
I used to have a 06 black, hand painted pinstripe red wheels white walls baby moons sharpest set of wheels I've owned. The website to look for is retro Bajaj
Trucker jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:03 PM   #10
climbamt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
There is a shop just north of Baltimore that had lots of Bajaj stuff not long ago. They might be a good source of parts.

http://www.motostrada.com

~climbamt
02 Kymco People 50
Baltimore, MD
climbamt is offline   Reply With Quote