Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2013, 10:34 AM   #76
Norhasken
Tryin' to find my way

Oddometer: 18,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
Flug, I do think you owe it to yourself to test drive both the Mazda 3 and Mazda 6. Reputation for sportier handling, and better quality reputation than the made in Mx VW's. Both can be had with a manual transmission if that matters to you.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:43 AM   #77
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 18,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta View Post

even the cops have em now back east...

that will be a little more than a gallon a day....

If I had to guess Belle Meade is pretty close to Chattanooga.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:48 AM   #78
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 9,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
If I had to guess Belle Meade is pretty close to Chattanooga.
it appears to be a fancy-pants suburb of Nashville.... but not too far from the plant
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:46 PM   #79
nachtflug OP
infidel

Oddometer: 44,702
just drove an Accord Sport.

Nice car, but not for me. barely enough leg room, passenger side does not have enough leg room. Rode soft and hard at the same time, turned sharp but didn't feel glued. Kind of like the Civic in all regards, bland but in a bigger way...

Stopped at the Mazda dealer. Another of these "yes we sell new cars but we've got a small lot and we've stuffed as many late model used Honda's and Toyota's on it as we can possibly fit but we have two 2012 3 series in the showroom"

hold your breath i'll be right back.

Subaru Cross Trek is looking pretty good right about now. An orange one so I can cover it with KTM stickers I'll be a Ryan Dungey looking mother fucker...
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:03 PM   #80
Navin
Unwounding

Oddometer: 6,385
V6 in black with flat orange stripes...
Navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:44 PM   #81
RockyRaccoon
Found:Gideon's Bible

Oddometer: 57,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
just drove an Accord Sport.

Nice car, but not for me. barely enough leg room, passenger side does not have enough leg room. Rode soft and hard at the same time, turned sharp but didn't feel glued. Kind of like the Civic in all regards, bland but in a bigger way...

Stopped at the Mazda dealer. Another of these "yes we sell new cars but we've got a small lot and we've stuffed as many late model used Honda's and Toyota's on it as we can possibly fit but we have two 2012 3 series in the showroom"

hold your breath i'll be right back.

Subaru Cross Trek is looking pretty good right about now. An orange one so I can cover it with KTM stickers I'll be a Ryan Dungey looking mother fucker...
Mazda never made it very high up my list. It may be different now, but when I was looking for a new car six years ago, their engines were behind the curve compared to some of the others in terms of power/fuel efficiency, and the model with the peppier engine cost quite a bit more. The dealer was a lot farther away, too.

Dealer reputation and convenience are factors to consider.

“It is a far, far better thing to have a firm anchor in nonsense than to put out on the troubled seas of thought.” -- John Kenneth Galbraith
RockyRaccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:46 AM   #82
adam_c_eckhardt
done with Chemistry!

Oddometer: 4,797
What is it with Mazda dealers? Anecdotal evidence, but every Mazda dealer I've been to is a second rate hole in the wall setup. As a little boy I remember going with my Dad to pick up an RX-7 and feeling dirty after leaving. Years later he was considering a 626 and both dealers we went to were pretty much the same. I think the one we bought the RX-7 at was "Dom's" in NJ???

I think if Mazda stepped up their dealer requirements (like most other Brands have done over the years) they'd have a chance at gaining market share.
adam_c_eckhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:27 AM   #83
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 5,346
People keep talking about low horsepower on the Cross Trek, so I looked it up. 20 hp less than the engine they have been using for 13 years or so? WTF? Did they learn nothing from the first year Forester?

Identifying where the loss came from might help solve the problem. For instance, if they have clogged up the air flow with quiet air box and exhaust, it should be easy to rectify with a cold air intake, Borla header, and Flowmaster muffler. That should get it close to standard horsepower numbers, but the improved torque curve is where driveability is at.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #84
SourKraut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Country Herb View Post
People keep talking about low horsepower on the Cross Trek, so I looked it up. 20 hp less than the engine they have been using for 13 years or so? WTF? Did they learn nothing from the first year Forester?

Identifying where the loss came from might help solve the problem. For instance, if they have clogged up the air flow with quiet air box and exhaust, it should be easy to rectify with a cold air intake, Borla header, and Flowmaster muffler. That should get it close to standard horsepower numbers, but the improved torque curve is where driveability is at.
They went from a 2.5 liter engine to 2.0 as I understand it.
SourKraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #85
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 5,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourKraut View Post
They went from a 2.5 liter engine to 2.0 as I understand it.
The WRX STi had a 2.0, and that thing made over 300. It should be able to manage 170 naturally aspirated. Someone must have stuck a banana in the tailpipe.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #86
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 34,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Country Herb View Post
The WRX STi had a 2.0, and that thing made over 300. It should be able to manage 170 naturally aspirated. Someone must have stuck a banana in the tailpipe.
It's an all new 2.0 built for efficiency, when I drove the new Impreza power delivery felt like my 00 Civic. AKA it's fine to drive and can get out of its own way, just you barely have any torque and will have to downshift.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #87
Venteuri
I don't give a shit

Oddometer: 14,213

Fuck! you really need a vacation!!! or you're senile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
You drive a Camry SE? We got one for one of our managers. Cool "guys looking" car, sunroof, great gas mileage, and a hoot to drive.
Quote:
The SE is kinda cool

18 inch wheels with performance tires, decent chrome, sunroof, cool interior for what it is, and spoiler on back. My buddy got his in dark gray and it's kinda cool
Quote:
Camry SE is kinda cool

I think we paid 22k with sunroof and allow wheels.

KTM 990 ADV 07 sold Member #68,893
Fishkens: Holy shit! Look at that little lizard. It's the Jesus Christ lizard...... Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Venteuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:22 PM   #88
nachtflug OP
infidel

Oddometer: 44,702
test drove the Cross Trek and the Imprezza 5 door Sport tonight. The last time I drove the 5 door first and then the Cross Trek, and liked the Cross Trek better. This time I drove the Cross Trek and then the regular Imprezza 5 door sport, but this time also included about a 5 mile jaunt on I84. The same I 84 the Ford dealer wouldn't let me out on. And the Subaru guys don't even ride with you. Tonight the sales guy I dealt with last week was off so I think it was a floor manager. I told him I wanted to get it out on the Interstate but I didn't want to put 15 20 miles on his new car. He was like, "don't worry about it" I kind of brought it up again and he was like "dude, don't worry about it, drive it, if you like it send us a check"..

Very low pressure sales. Bottom line Imprezza 5 door sport is nicer on the highway and at 27-36 gas it is better than Cross Trek 26-33 gas mileage.

But I like the Cross Trek height it feels bigger sitting up higher. Someone posted that the Cross Trek Yokohama's were shit on the highway and they may be right. Not that it was terrible I could own either one.

As far as road noise, who hears road noise over an Audioslave CD cranked up?
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:24 AM   #89
studad
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 671
I loved my drive in the Crosstrek. Driving wise, it reminded me a LOT of an 08 wrangler unlimited with tall gears and a stick. NO acceleration after 1st, but if you keep on it, it would keep moving. But it wasn't bad, it was just something to know. I loved the way the thing felt.

I had a new gen jetta, hated it. they REALLY cheapened it. it was awful. And the vinyl seats were far, far worse than the pleather I had in a couple 5th gen jettas. Still, I put 50k on it and traded it for another vw.

The Mazdas have impressed the hell out of me. A month or so ago we were van shopping. I had totaled our vw Routan and Wife was unhappy with what was available now. Just about to give up and buy a used Sienna she sat in a Mazda 5 (really just a big 3) and loved it.

Short story is I love the Mazda more every day. It's everything the Jettas used to be. It just feels nicer than it should, for the price. The leather is good, the controls are good, etc. I bet a Mazda 3 would be awesome with a stick.
studad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:19 AM   #90
Ken
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 55,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venteuri View Post

Fuck! you really need a vacation!!! or you're senile!

Not for me. I was trying to find a car for the natfucker who's given up on trying to get any pussy and looking for a decent car.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: