Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2014, 06:41 AM   #46
tortoise2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBinChe View Post
Thought you would be running some chinese brand scoot considering you always mentioned how high quality some of them are.
How true!

Sundiro also has some Honda "lineage" . . 2011 news release.
tortoise2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:05 AM   #47
DaBinChe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise2 View Post
How true!

Sundiro also has some Honda "lineage" . . 2011 news release.
Now I'm not talking about hondas that are made in china like my NHX110 in partnership with Wuyang. I'm talking about "chinese" chinese brands like leeway or znen etc.
DaBinChe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:54 AM   #48
Bugtussle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 530
Ive read that there is a guy running an old Cushman this year. Anyone have any photos or links to LeeB and his 1939 Cushman?

2013 Vespa GTS 300ie Super
Bugtussle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:40 PM   #49
cdwise OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugtussle View Post
Ive read that there is a guy running an old Cushman this year. Anyone have any photos or links to LeeB and his 1939 Cushman?
He's on this forum occasionally but I haven't heard or seen in photos yet. There will be some in a little over a month as folks get to Hyder and start taking pics. I know I'll get some while I'm there.
cdwise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:45 PM   #50
Motovista
Parts is Parts

Oddometer: 501
Quote:
It will have as much in common with a 1939 Cushman as the car Toyota runs in Nascar has with my Avalon.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:56 PM   #51
Bugtussle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterpartsco View Post
It will have as much in common with a 1939 Cushman as the car Toyota runs in Nascar has with my Avalon.
I kind of figured that once I found out that he was the guy that built and ran the Ninja 250 powered Salsbury previously. Im wishing you the best on your Vespa!

2013 Vespa GTS 300ie Super
Bugtussle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:19 PM   #52
Motovista
Parts is Parts

Quote:
I kind of figured that once I found out that he was the guy that built and ran the Ninja 250 powered Salsbury previously. Im wishing you the best on your Vespa!
Thank you. I have wanted to do this since I first heard about it and this route is so out of left field, so it's pretty much now or never.
But according to DaBinChe, it's pretty much a race between Lee, who won handily last year, and DaBinChe on his Chinese Honda, so I'm just going to go along for the ride and breathe the nitrous instead of running it through the motor.
DaBinChe will probably be the first person to win this thing on a Chinese Scooter.
I can't wait to see what Lee has done. I imagine something with a bit of 1939 cushman separating a dirtbike front end and a Honda vertical LC engine. Come gameday, I think we are going to be surprised.

Motovista screwed with this post 04-26-2014 at 06:04 PM
Motovista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:36 PM   #53
Motovista
Parts is Parts

Quote:
Surprise you are running a vespa and never expected you to be a vespa person. Thought you would be running some chinese brand scoot considering you always mentioned how high quality some of them are.
Saying something is good is not the same as owning it. I thought about doing the Cannonball on a Keeway Outlook, which is pretty much your SH150 with a carburetor, and would definitely consider it if this was just a straight shot across the US, but with this route, I want something that I have complete confidence in, or a Vespa. So I went with the Vespa.
Here's a sidebet, how many days into this event will DaBinChe first say he should have ridden the SH?

Motovista screwed with this post 04-26-2014 at 06:11 PM
Old 04-26-2014, 05:59 PM   #54
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 2,831
Quote:
Saying something is good is not the same as owning it. I thought about doing the Cannonball on a Keeway Outlook, which is pretty much your SH150 with a carburetor, and would definitely consider it if this was just a straight shot across the US, but with this route, I want something that I have complete confidence in, or a Vespa. So I went with the Vespa.
Here's a sidebet, how many days into this event will DaBinChe first say he should have ridden the SH?
After meeting Bin, he will not be crying uncle on bike choice.
brianwheelies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:26 PM   #55
Motovista
Parts is Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwheelies View Post
After meeting Bin, he will not be crying uncle on bike choice.
I was really surprised to see that you aren't doing the cannonball on your Genuine Buddy. I was looking forward to some highbrow discourse along the way.

XX in MMXIV!!!!

Motovista screwed with this post 04-26-2014 at 08:52 PM
Old 04-26-2014, 09:11 PM   #56
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Quote:
I was really surprised to see that you aren't doing the cannonball on your Genuine Buddy. I was looking forward to some highbrow discourse along the way.

XX in MMXIV!!!!
I don't have a Buddy. My duck paddles don't fit the floorboard!

If someone didn't steal my RV250, it could have been game on.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:35 PM   #57
DaBinChe
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwheelies View Post
I don't have a Buddy. My duck paddles don't fit the floorboard!

If someone didn't steal my RV250, it could have been game on.
wasn't it recovered? That would be all the more reason to do it...but registration deadline is over so next time maybe...it is beat to shit already so the cannonball beating up more will be a non issue.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:49 PM   #58
DaBinChe
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Very true about having one vs not. I think I'll get a big made in china sticker to put on the scoot just to rub it in. I really did seriously consider the SH but felt that the extra work in getting the rear wheel off/on and lack of storage wasn't worth it. Beside the SH would give me 10 more in handicap so I'll have to really maintain a higher overall average speed. I'm excited that I have the second smallest displacement all the while will be very competitive. The dude in the 50cc won't be competitive...I think my scoot is the smallest you can go and still be competitive. So the Cushman will be my biggest competitor then next will be the HD200. I don't see any of the vintage vespa beating my elite110 cause they have the same or higher handicap. I don't see the buddy125 as a competitor either, close but....and as for everyone else their handicap is just too high to be competitive.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:34 PM   #59
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Quote:
wasn't it recovered? That would be all the more reason to do it...but registration deadline is over so next time maybe...it is beat to shit already so the cannonball beating up more will be a non issue.
Insurance totaled it and cut me a check.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:09 AM   #60
Motovista
Parts is Parts

Quote:
Very true about having one vs not. I think I'll get a big made in china sticker to put on the scoot just to rub it in. I really did seriously consider the SH but felt that the extra work in getting the rear wheel off/on and lack of storage wasn't worth it. Beside the SH would give me 10 more in handicap so I'll have to really maintain a higher overall average speed. I'm excited that I have the second smallest displacement all the while will be very competitive. The dude in the 50cc won't be competitive...I think my scoot is the smallest you can go and still be competitive. So the Cushman will be my biggest competitor then next will be the HD200. I don't see any of the vintage vespa beating my elite110 cause they have the same or higher handicap. I don't see the buddy125 as a competitor either, close but....and as for everyone else their handicap is just too high to be competitive.
What's true about having one vs. not, and does it apply to having or not having a kangaroo? On paper, you have definitely already won this thing, and technically, you could start in NOLA and run it in reverse, and get negative points, which when added together would become positive points and make you win it somewhere in Kansas.

Motovista screwed with this post 04-27-2014 at 01:27 AM