Iron toocus

Oddometer: 3,234
Does the route head through Vegas?
brianwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:47 AM   #92
cdwise OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 856
No, why would a route between Hyder, AK and New Orleans, LA go that far west?

FWIW, on stated goal of the folks who planned the route was to stay in the mountains as long as possible because who really wants to ride through North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas (gag) any more than they have to?

If you want route info check the general discussion forum on http://scootercannonball.com. Each day's route is laid out in its own thread.
cdwise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:33 AM   #93
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwise View Post
No, why would a route between Hyder, AK and New Orleans, LA go that far west?

FWIW, on stated goal of the folks who planned the route was to stay in the mountains as long as possible because who really wants to ride through North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas (gag) any more than they have to?

If you want route info check the general discussion forum on http://scootercannonball.com. Each day's route is laid out in its own thread.
Now that I see the map, it is as direct as it gets.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:21 PM   #94
Motovista
Parts is Parts

Oddometer: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootrboi View Post
I think we will all enjoy the day by day adventures, and wish we were doing it. As long as no one gets eaten by the bear. There is nothing else like this race. I hope the next one is east of the Mississippi.
Usually they cross the country, but after doing it as long as they have, I think they were bored and put this out there, and people voted for it thinking nobody else would, and suddenly they found themselves Alaska bound. The problem with an event like this is that even if it starts or ends near where you live, the other end is a long way away. I probably should have done the last one, because it started 90 miles from my house, but I still would have ended up in San Diego.

Motovista screwed with this post 04-28-2014 at 07:29 PM
Motovista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:56 PM   #95
gore-tx
Smooth Operator

Oddometer: 2,287
This is going to be good. I can't wait to read the ride reports!
Old 04-28-2014, 08:26 PM   #96
Motovista
Parts is Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwheelies View Post
Does the route head through Vegas?
You're in luck, it goes right past the Cook County Jail. Look out your window, I'll be sure to wave.
And if you wait long enough, you'll get to see DaBinChe too, right before you see the Yamaha C3.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:13 PM   #97
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterpartsco View Post
You're in luck, it goes right past the Cook County Jail. Look out your window, I'll be sure to wave.
And if you wait long enough, you'll get to see DaBinChe too, right before you see the Yamaha C3.
Your route is easy access for me ;) My ride can help karma catch up to you.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:11 PM   #98
Motovista
Parts is Parts

Quote:
Your route is easy access for me ;) My ride can help karma catch up to you.
All you need is a bike that can make it. And gas money.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:59 PM   #99
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Quote:
All you need is a bike that can make it. And gas money.
Keep talking George. I predict your Piaggio product will not make it to the finish line. That cheap Chinese aftermarket junk you're peddling will cause a DNF.

Is there a place to make wagers on who can't make it to the finish?

I think I found you on rip off report as well. Shady ops with multiple websites? You are Moped Medic as well?

Motovista. Now I see your number.

brianwheelies screwed with this post 04-29-2014 at 10:06 AM
Old 04-29-2014, 06:19 AM   #100
Motovista
Parts is Parts

Quote:
Is there a place to make wagers on who can't make it to the finish? .
What a buffoon. Even if there was a place to make wagers, you aren't in a position to do so.

Motovista screwed with this post 04-29-2014 at 06:35 AM
Motovista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:35 AM   #101
Motovista
Parts is Parts

We've had a Honda Elite 110 in the shop for service. It's a fairly rare bike here, and someone asked if it was for sale. I explained that it's a service bike and he said that's too bad, because they are very fast for a small bike. Apparently they are very popular in Hawaii, where he's from. I was hoping to hear they are slow and prone to breakdown.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:51 AM   #102
cdwise OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
We've had a Honda Elite 110 in the shop for service. It's a fairly rare bike here, and someone asked if it was for sale. I explained that it's a service bike and he said that's too bad, because they are very fast for a small bike. Apparently they are very popular in Hawaii, where he's from. I was hoping to hear they are slow and prone to breakdown.
Nope, Honda Elites do very well for their size. We've had a few in our local scooter group over the years. Seem pretty bullet proof too judging by the age/condition of the ones I've seen.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:09 AM   #103
cdwise OP
Studly Adventurer

BTW, while registration is closed for this year's cannonball if you really want to still go then all you need to do is make arrangements with one of the folks who have had to drop out (work, scooter issues, whatever) to take over their slot but you better hurry since it is only a month to the start.

I'd love to see a Heinkel participate. I've seen them at Amerivespa but nowhere else.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:14 AM   #104
tortoise2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 496
Quote:
Registration closed so they could finalize logistics and order bits and bobs for the registered riders. There have been a couple of folks drop out so if you really want to ride contact one of them and see if you can take over their registration.
Related post.
tortoise2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:24 AM   #105
Motovista
Parts is Parts

Quote:
Nope, Honda Elites do very well for their size. We've had a few in our local scooter group over the years. Seem pretty bullet proof too judging by the age/condition of the ones I've seen.
That's what I'm hearing. They perform about as well as an air cooled 125-150.
I lost about 4-5 mph going to a taller dualsport tire on the GT200, so I've got to figure out how to get some of that back.