Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #46
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave92029 View Post
Please, I have had enough of Jerry's Opinions, and stories about himself. Stop already, we have all heard it all already and it's not an interesting story.

Back to the original topic...
I may not like to read your opinions either, but I'm not complaining about them. This is a "discussion" forum. You will not like or agree with everything you see here.
1980 Puch moped
JerryH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #47
Bueller
Cashin?

Oddometer: 17,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
I may not like to read your opinions either, but I'm not complaining about them. This is a "discussion" forum. You will not like or agree with everything you see here.
The difference is you are the only person to state you don't like his opinions. Conversely most of the inmates don't like your opinion, or at the very least are sick and tired of you repeating the same long-winded opinions and stories about you, your vehicles, and your preferences over and over and over. Your OCD is really over the top.

"bueller, you ARE an island of reason in a sea of bullshit" - quasigentrified
Bueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #48
gogogordy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
The difference is you are the only person to state you don't like his opinions. Conversely most of the inmates don't like your opinion, or at the very least are sick and tired of you repeating the same long-winded opinions and stories about you, your vehicles, and your preferences over and over and over. Your OCD is really over the top.

I second that.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #49
blugg1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
Newbie here. What is OCD?
Old 08-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #50
N8
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
obsessive compulsive disorder
N8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #51
gumshoe4
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 855
I don't agree with Jerry on some things also and he tends to be a bit repetitive, but do we really wish to suppress speech here by weight of the majority? Considering how very outspoken many of us are here, I think that might be a dangerous precedent. If he annoys you, perhaps it would be better to ignore him, rather than continually engage him...just a thought and I guess I'll get my chunk of it now.
gumshoe4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #52
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,979
Isn't OCD required to ride a motorcycle? Otherwise follow the "normal" types, and drive a car. I have no desire to be "normal" I would have died of boredom a long time ago.
1980 Puch moped
JerryH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #53
kconville
Avant Guard Dog

Oddometer: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumshoe4 View Post
I don't agree with Jerry on some things also and he tends to be a bit repetitive, but do we really wish to suppress speech here by weight of the majority? Considering how very outspoken many of us are here, I think that might be a dangerous precedent. If he annoys you, perhaps it would be better to ignore him, rather than continually engage him...just a thought and I guess I'll get my chunk of it now.
I agree.
'11 Vespa GTS300
kconville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:41 PM   #54
gogogordy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,908
Quote:
Isn't OCD required to ride a motorcycle? Otherwise follow the "normal" types, and drive a car. I have no desire to be "normal" I would have died of boredom a long time ago.
Jerry, Im sure if we met in person, Id have a much different impression of you.

Unfortunately the internet doesnt allow for the subtle nuances and inflections, demeanors etc which really make human to human contact what it is.

That being said, stating, and re-stating, and then re-stating some more of YOUR opinions on certain subjects over and over, often comes off (to me anyway) like trying to drive a square peg into a round hole on many threads and the real Jerry may get overlooked as a result of doing so. At least thats how I'm wired up.

In other words, we sometimes have a different on-line persona than our real-life one. Nobodys perfect around here, but the inmates that seem to have the best on-line personality are probably the ones that post as if they were face to face, and not keyboard to monitor.

Just saying.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:05 AM   #55
Bueller
Cashin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogogordy View Post
Jerry, Im sure if we met in person, Id have a much different impression of you.

Unfortunately the internet doesnt allow for the subtle nuances and inflections, demeanors etc which really make human to human contact what it is.

That being said, stating, and re-stating, and then re-stating some more of YOUR opinions on certain subjects over and over, often comes off (to me anyway) like trying to drive a square peg into a round hole on many threads and the real Jerry may get overlooked as a result of doing so. At least thats how I'm wired up.

In other words, we sometimes have a different on-line persona than our real-life one. Nobodys perfect around here, but the inmates that seem to have the best on-line personality are probably the ones that post as if they were face to face, and not keyboard to monitor.

Just saying.
Exactly. The perception from this side is that Jerry sees himself as a hammer, and we are all nails.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:09 AM   #56
Bueller
Cashin?

Quote:
No, it isn't required. And for the record, posting here isn't considered riding.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:42 AM   #57
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,725
Quote:
I have found that people are only "normal" until you get to know them. Then they are either weird or have no personality at all

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:17 AM   #58
JerseyBiker
Living the life!

Oddometer: 2,059
I like reading all the posts here - EXCEPT the ones telling others what to say or not say.

If you don't enjoy posts from a particular person, put them on your ignore list and you'll never have to read them again.
JerseyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #59
CaptnJim
Scootist

Oddometer: 1,025
I'm OK with Jerry's take on the world. And, anyone else's for that matter. Read what you want, ignore the rest. I was a moderator on a sailing forum years ago - even more testosterone there then here, if you can imagine. It was a thankless job. People can become "possessive" of "their forum"... have some fun; enjoy the different personalities.

I'm more like Klaviator: I like most people... until I get to know 'em.

Jim
Old 08-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #60
Bueller
Cashin?

SO and I did a day trip on the BV350 today. A little less than 200 miles to see Serpent mound in Southern Ohio, of "Ancient Aliens" fame. Two up comfort at highway speeds, with a total fuel cost of $9. This scooter is the first two wheeled vehicle I've owned that truly makes the trip fun regardless of how straight or curvy the road is.

A couple of shots from the day: