User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #301
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,644
Seat Time: Celebrating the life of Kurt Caselli

I'm cross posting this (it is in Kurt's thread too) but, thought it was important enough that it deserved it.
---------------------------------------------

From Here: http://seattime.co/2013/11/celebrati...-kurt-caselli/

Having started this press release over many times, we knew it was best to leave the emotion out of it and help in our way to celebrate the life of Kurt Caselli.
November 18th, 2013 : In an effort to help celebrate the life of Kurt Caselli, Seat Time would like to have a memorial show for Caselli. We are looking for any and all who have a story they would like to share with the world about KC66 to please reach out to us. We will skype in those whom wish to give their story in person. If being on the show live isn’t your thing, we will be more than willing to read your story during the show.
In true Seat Time fashion, we will be going live tomorrow night, Tuesday, November 19th, at 8pm cst. Please email us at the link below if you would like to talk on the show or email us a story. Thank you all for your time and we hope to celebrate the life of a great man and one of the best ambassadors our sport has ever known.
Submit your Story: http://seattime.co/ask-a-question/
Show Link: http://seattime.co/live/
Uller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #302
Mr Fast
Slowly striving

Oddometer: 315
Our bike was 210x. We are the race for the wounded guys. I was doing chase & took our warrior hero Jesse to checkpoint 2 just north of Puertocitos to run his section. I knew that our bike wouldn't get there until late morning but we arrived at 2:30 a.m. It's funny, our beach house was only 15 miles up the road but I wanted to get a good parking spot and I was not going to miss the first bikes through. 1x(Honda) came through at 4:28 a.m. 2x(KTM) 12 minutes later. Then 4x. Then amazingly, 329x. These guys are my heros. Like Caselli, Udall & all the others they look like ordinary people but they are not. God speed Kurt.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:38 AM   #303
RENCRN8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fast View Post
Our bike was 210x. We are the race for the wounded guys. I was doing chase & took our warrior hero Jesse to checkpoint 2 just north of Puertocitos to run his section. I knew that our bike wouldn't get there until late morning but we arrived at 2:30 a.m. It's funny, our beach house was only 15 miles up the road but I wanted to get a good parking spot and I was not going to miss the first bikes through. 1x(Honda) came through at 4:28 a.m. 2x(KTM) 12 minutes later. Then 4x. Then amazingly, 329x. These guys are my heros. Like Caselli, Udall & all the others they look like ordinary people but they are not. God speed Kurt.
Hey man, I'm sure we met. I was there with the TTBC team bike 145x. We were at RM150 when the front runners came through at 2:10am. They were hauling ass.

What a great experience, I can't wait to do it again.

RIP Kurt......
RENCRN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:20 AM   #304
Mr Fast
Slowly striving

If your the John guy, yeah we met & talked. The Texas tornado guys stayed with us when they were prerunning.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #305
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,172
Fast, I have some pics from the stop where Jesse got on. I'm uploading now.
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #306
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,172
http://s1131.photobucket.com/user/be...%20Baja%201000

There's a few more in the folder.

I got a chance to talk to Jesse, Ben and Juan for a bit.
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #307
Mr Fast
Slowly striving

Great pics, thanks. Jesse did real well.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:42 AM   #308
LC Garage
On Any Sunday

Oddometer: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
http://s1131.photobucket.com/user/be...%20Baja%201000

There's a few more in the folder.

I got a chance to talk to Jesse, Ben and Juan for a bit.
Inspirational on so many levels, well done Jesse! Congratulations and admiration to all Race for the Wounded competitors and team members!
Old 11-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #309
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,111

This single photo made my effort to race with these guys all worth it...
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:44 AM   #310
Maineroot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 139
337X Checking in

I rode on the 337X team for the 2013 Baja 1000 last week.

Rafa is a CNN Latin America/Central America correspondent, he was also our chase truck driver for the race and did a story about what he saw.

They got Kelly and Scotty on there for some interviews. My footage is on the edit room floor.....

Check it out below.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...o-pkg.cnn.html
#34 MX1K
TEAM GREENWOOD: Kali Protectives, Hammer Nutrition
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages, Darco Boot, ATOMIC MOTO,
Klim Riding Gear, Flexx Bars, Seat Concepts Seats, CJ DESIGNS PEGS, FORMA
BOOTS, Tj's Cycle, Austin TX
Maineroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #311
Hohmie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 350
Very cool, nice to see it in the mainstream.
Hohmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #312
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,111
My race report

https://www.facebook.com/notes/micha...52005471639454
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:51 AM   #313
Lostsaffa
Half Man Half BRP

Oddometer: 577
Johnny Campbell Racing, Inc (JCR) is officially announcing its withdrawal from SCORE International Baja racing for 2014

For Immediate Release, January 12, 2014

San Clemente, CA:

Johnny Campbell Racing, Inc (JCR) the most dominate motorcycle
Off-Road racing team to compete in Baja, Mexico, is officially
announcing its withdrawal from SCORE International Baja racing for

Honda has enjoyed participating in Baja competition for over 51 years. Within Honda’s rich Baja racing history racers like Dave Ekins, Al Baker, Bruce Ogilvie, Chuck Miller, Johnny Campbell, Steve Hengeveld, Robby Bell, Kendall Norman, Quinn Cody, Colton Udall, Timmy Weigand and others have amassed over 23 victories in the most grueling Off-Road race in the world. Johnny’s personal record of 11-Overall wins plus 6 as a team owner and manager total an astounding 17-consecutive Baja 1000 victories for Honda, a record that is likely to never be equaled. The JCR/Honda team will be taking on a new set of exciting challenges that will be announced in the near future.

“With so much success over the past two decades of Baja motorcycle
racing, the time has come for us to search out new opportunities and a new set of goals. JCR/Honda has had an amazing experience working with SCORE International and an even better experience living the Baja dream. The extraordinary fans, the great sponsors and supporters all have made this lifestyle a gift I truly cherish.

I have been honored to carry on the legacy of my great mentor - the late Bruce Ogilvie - who's passion for Baja and this program has been carried on through the spirit of this team. The biggest thing that has made JCR and Honda so successful in Baja racing is the JCR/Honda race support crews, they are the backbone of this program. Without the selfless sacrifices of the pit captains and crews we would be nowhere. If just one crew person is not in the right place at the right time, the wins and championships would not have been obtainable. I sincerely thank each and everyone who has stood hand in hand with myself and the JCR/Honda team through the decades of dominance. Our new direction will be announced shortly. I have no doubt this will be an amazing year."

With absolute respect to all,

Johnny Campbell
Old 01-14-2014, 01:36 PM   #314
zenjen
Go Outside

Oddometer: 2,597
Excellent write-up on Colin Edwards' exploits in the Baja 1000 in this week's Cycle News.

http://cyclenews.uberflip.com/i/241255

Pages 54-63

zenjen is offline   Reply With Quote